Beautiful Things

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sitting outside in the sun yesterday I started to think of all the things that I love - all the beautiful things. And the scriptures tell us to do just that:
Philippians 4:8
Whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Well the first two things that came immediately to mind were birdsong and stars. There were many more but I would like to see your ideas of beautiful things.

1686345433861.png

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sitting outside in the sun yesterday I started to think of all the things that I love - all the beautiful things. And the scriptures tell us to do just that:
Philippians 4:8
Whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Well the first two things that came immediately to mind were birdsong and stars. There were many more but I would like to see your ideas of beautiful things.

Hello Pearl Such A Great Post, Thank You. :):)

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the beauty of nature and the beauty of music. When I sit and quiet myself, in those moments of contemplation- I'm left in awe of how beautiful simple things like a sunrise, or sunset really are. Usually on my back porch, on the deck at the cabin, on the beach in some tropical place--these things draw me to Him. Best enjoyed with a cup of coffee or a nice glass of wine, depending upon the time of day, but the key ingredient is stillness. When I get so busy with 'stuff' and miss these moments- it's my loss alone because the moments, and the beauty are always there, even if and when I fail to pay attention.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the beauty of nature and the beauty of music. When I sit and quiet myself, in those moments of contemplation- I'm left in awe of how beautiful simple things like a sunrise, or sunset really are. Usually on my back porch, on the deck at the cabin, on the beach in some tropical place--these things draw me to Him. Best enjoyed with a cup of coffee or a nice glass of wine, depending upon the time of day, but the key ingredient is stillness. When I get so busy with 'stuff' and miss these moments- it's my loss alone because the moments, and the beauty are always there, even if and when I fail to pay attention.

Hello Mr. E, A great song. :) :)

Love, Walter and Debbie

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree. We live on acreage with woods and fields and the stars so bright and the constant sounds of nature. The trees, the colors, beautiful sunsets, wildflowers, vegetables blooming, our animals and have a 3-4 month old fawn living here. All kinds of birds and other critters.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
After quite a prolonged period with no rain we had a thunder storm here a couple of evenings ago. The storm was beautiful in it's own way as it brought the welcome rain which cooled us down and it smelled wonderful.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The love of God, I think the most beautiful thing is the Holy Ghost.

After that I like nature too. I often go for walks by the church next door. It has a garden.
That's a given God and all his creation is beautiful but when i started this thread I was thinking more of individually beautiful things like a butterfly, a child's laughter, dappled shade on a sunny day.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a given God and all his creation is beautiful but when i started this thread I was thinking more of individually beautiful things like a butterfly, a child's laughter, dappled shade on a sunny day.
When I think of beauty it's probably different. For instance, I think of physics as beautiful. Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: WalterandDebbie