Beautiful

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was about 5 years old and pure white. Although her name was Spot, there was not one spot on her. So I changed her name to Beautiful.
Living in Florida at the time, in the Ocala forest, we had a lot of mice and rats.
So I decided to get a cat to help keep the critters away.
She went trucking with us for a few months. Moved to Maine with all her stepbrothers and stepsister and Lady our dog.
She was a good girl and a good friend.
My husband called her Turkey Butt, because she had a way of sitting that looked just like a turkey. My mother in law called Precious, and precious she was.
I kept her by my side all night, until she said goodbye at 8:30 am this Sunday morning, June 5th, 2022.
She was 18 years young.
You will be missed my friend.
Hugs

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry Ziggy xxxxxxx

Reactions: Ziggy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
She was about 5 years old and pure white. Although her name was Spot, there was not one spot on her. So I changed her name to Beautiful.
Living in Florida at the time, in the Ocala forest, we had a lot of mice and rats.
So I decided to get a cat to help keep the critters away.
She went trucking with us for a few months. Moved to Maine with all her stepbrothers and stepsister and Lady our dog.
She was a good girl and a good friend.
My husband called her Turkey Butt, because she had a way of sitting that looked just like a turkey. My mother in law called Precious, and precious she was.
I kept her by my side all night, until she said goodbye at 8:30 am this Sunday morning, June 5th, 2022.
She was 18 years young.
You will be missed my friend.
Hugs
That's heartbreaking.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We always had cats in our old family home for 40 years, all now long dead, but they still pop up in my dreams now and again, where I'm standing at our back door calling them, but none come and I feel very sad.
Same with another dream, I used to keep mice in the garden shed 30 years ago and in the dream I'm thinking "oh no I've forgotten to feed them!"
I suppose my subconscious hasn't yet come to terms with the fact that I don't have any cats or mice any more.

PS- We like to think our pets belong to us, but that's not the case as this verse indicates, and it's comforting to know that our deceased pets are known to God-

God said:-"Every animal of the forest is MINE, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains,and the creatures of the field are MINE, for the world is MINE,and all that is in it"(Psalm 50 10-12)
"God.. in whose hand is the soul of every living thing" (Job12:10 KJV)

Last edited: