• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
When a Believer understands that God keeps you saved, once they are born again, they can RELAX in God's Grace.
This revelation knowledge releases the mystical power that is God's "riches in Glory" that frees you from the sin consciousness, that drives the flesh into sin.

Imagine a Laptop hard drive......its full of data.
So, you wipe it, and now its CLEAN.....yet, there are traces... of X's & O's....here and there.
And when you are born again, your sin is wiped clean, and your spirit is joined to God.
Salvation is not a work in progress, its Christ on the Cross 2000 yrs ago.
Yet, there is that mind that is connected to your body......and these work to compete with the holiness that you now possess by becoming :"the righteousness of God, in Christ".

Paul was in that carnal chaos, that unrenewed mind, and said...>"who will deliver me"...and that was because He was trying to work and by self effort stop that mind and that flesh..., and by doing that, you only incite it to want more sin.

Trying to be good, is a dominion of the law empowerment and "the power of sin is the law".
The more you try by self effort to be good, the more the law empowers your flesh to want to sin more.
See that issue? That is the "curse of the Law",

So, Lets resolve that.... as some of you are just beating your head against the flesh and against the Truth.

Paul learned that its by the understanding of how completely and eternally forgiven we are by the blood of Jesus and the Mercy of God : = having become Spiritually born again as "the Righteousness of God in Christ"....... Paul got the revelation by coming to understand that God had given him absolute pardon and eternal life as a GIFT that God would maintain, Philippians 1:6. Paul eventually referred to this born again SonShip Status as : "IN CHRIST". and "Christ in you the hope of Glory". (Glory is Heaven).
And once he saw this...(got the revelation)....he was freed from the effort to try to be good, that kept him in the Chaos, that is this... "apart from me you can do NOTHING"< Jesus Said.
This means that apart from the Power of Christ in you, you can do nothing but fail to be good.
Paul shut off this power, by trying in his own self effort to live holy, and that is happening to many of you also.
So, when Paul got his understanding right, (renewed mind) regarding who he had become as "a new creation", then he stopped striving to be good, and allowed God to be good through him, and that is how you rest in God's Grace and find the power of Christ as your own.
And that is why Paul said, "it is not I who live"......
Paul was saying...>Its not about my effort to be like Christ...>Its all about Christ in me living through me HIS POWER and God's Love.

Saint, reader, you can't be a perfected disciple in your own striving to be good.
You have to instead find the deliverance out of your striving and into resting in God's Grace that empowers your holiness., and to do that, you have to understand that God keeps you saved, and God will never let you go. "You shall never perish", Jesus said of the born again.
See, as long as you can't believe that, you are trying to do for yourself what only God has already done. And this keeps you trapped in the sinning and confessing discipleship failure LIFE., because "apart from me you can do nothing", Jesus said.

Paul described his revelation that Jesus gave him, as....>"Christ always gives me the Victory".

Saint, reader, = Discipleship is not you trying to be like Christ... Discipleship is you allowing God to live through you, as Christ in you, HIS holiness and power.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Messiah.”

(1Corinthians 11:1, TLV)

Yes.

Paul is the greatest follower of Christ who ever lived.
Christ called him to be an Apostle, after Jesus was in Heaven, subsequent to Christ's resurrection.
Paul was and is a "chosen vessel" who accomplished more for God and Christ then all the other Apostle's combined.
Jesus literally taught Paul, all the Church Doctrine, and revealed to HIM< "the Gospel of the Grace of God", which Paul refers to 3x in the NT as :
= "MY Gospel".
When Paul tells you to be follower of Him, as He follows Christ, he isn't suggesting worship........He is only defining how to be a perfect disciple.
"follow me, as i follow Christ".

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hate to butt in here BUT you seemed to have placed ALL the responsibility on God and none on yourself !

Sounds like the servant who buried the master's talent instead of using it to build up his lords wealth.

Are you a Pauline ?
Plus not sure why you could not have stayed in one of the multiple threads like OSAS, the deity,lose your salvation, etc, it's all the same stuff....!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was in that carnal chaos, that unrenewed mind, and said...>"who will deliver me"...and that was because He was trying to work and by self effort stop that mind and that flesh..., and by doing that, you only incite it to want more sin.

True, of course and it just goes to underscore “ this” Truth—— “ The Law was Given so that Sin might “ INCREASE” ....Now “ That” Is something that You don’t hear being preached about very often, do you?

Despite the Law That was supposedly given to make you a “ good boy” , God knows that it will make you sin even more....Maybe He wants you to sin so much you will get Sick Of it and actually do something that will help you GET OUT OF the “ sin ,repent— sin, repent” routine .....The Law was given to “ shut your mouth” and force you to come to an “End Of yourself” and arrive at the same state of mind that the Sinful Publican did.....He was reduced to the point that all that was left for him to do was cry out, “ Lord, have Mercy on me, a Sinnert!” ....
Some in here have not been “ reduced” yet. They had best pray for some insight into their True Selves....They had best pray for “eyes to see”.......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hate to butt in here BUT you seemed to have placed ALL the responsibility on God and none on yourself !

If you are referring to Salvation and to that “ Only” , you hit the nail right on the head! Salvation is a “ Free GIFT”—- GIVEN to those that DO NOT WORK for it......Our Only “ Responsibility” is to accept this Free Gift....It takes a “ Contrite Heart” to realize this Truth....It’s the Starting Point Of Christianity....you got yours yet? A Contrite Heart knows when it is time to “ shut up” , and that was the Entire Purpose Of The Law.....If Anybody thinks that they can “ keep it” in order to be Justified .....God is telling you to “ Shut Up!”.......

God Provided a great big “ Loop- Hole”, If you will, for the Wise man that has come to understand the true Purpose Of The Law , which is to show you that —YOU CANT KEEP IT! ....Simply and humbly accept the Grace Of God That is Found In Paul’s Gospel .....REST in 1Cor15:1-4.....Then watch God Work His Good “Through You”, because without Him, “ You can do Nothing”.....Only HE can Transform “ The Inside Of the Cup”......

Reactions: Behold and Azim

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

If you are referring to Salvation and to that “ Only” , you hit the nail right on the head! Salvation is a “ Free GIFT”—- GIVEN to those that DO NOT WORK for it......Our Only “ Responsibility” is to accept this Free Gift....It takes a “ Contrite Heart” to realize this Truth....It’s the Starting Point Of Christianity....you got yours yet? A Contrite Heart knows when it is time to “ shut up” , and that was the Entire Purpose Of The Law.....If Anybody thinks that they can “ keep it” in order to be Justified .....God is telling you to “ Shut Up!”.......

God Provided a great big “ Loop- Hole”, If you will, for the Wise man that has come to understand the true Purpose Of The Law , which is to show you that —YOU CANT KEEP IT! ....Simply and humbly accept the Grace Of God That is Found In Paul’s Gospel .....REST in 1Cor15:1-4.....Then watch God Work His Good “Through You”, because without Him, “ You can do Nothing”.....Only HE can Transform “ The Inside Of the Cup”......
@BloodBought 1953 It's indeed by the grace of God: grace that comes from God, not as a work of the flesh.....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Salvation, my own, is God's responsibility.
He is the one who died on the Cross, for my sin.
He is the one who died on the Cross, to give me eternal life.
What can i offer God that can equal the Cross?
Only the foolish would dare to suggest that they can somehow, by self effort, offer God something that is equal to the Cross.
But, you find these fools on christian forums, bragging about their works.
Im sure you've noticed them, L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation, my own, is God's responsibility.
He is the one who died on the Cross, for my sin.
He is the one who died on the Cross, to give me eternal life.
What can i offer God that can equal the Cross?
Only the foolish would dare to suggest that they can somehow, by self effort, offer God something that is equal to the Cross.
But, you find these fools on christian forums, bragging about their works.
Im sure you've noticed them, L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d

I can agree to this , salvation of mankind indeed was and is the will and act of God, and He alone.
Mt.18:12 -15
14. Even so IT IS NOT the WILL of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should PERISH.
2 Peter 3: 7-10
9. The Lord is NOT slack concerning his promise, as men count slackness; but is LONGSUFFERING to us-ward, NOT WILLING that any should PERISH, BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.

Salvation is a done deal ! Jesus paid the wages of OUR sins when he submitted to death, he completed it when he was resurrected and returned to the Father !
If it is salvation alone you are referencing then I concur.

I think a lot of ppl here are in more agreement than some think. I believe there are key words written that incite an inflammatory reaction, which in turn causes us to call others FOOLS, (see Mt.5:22 of what ppl ARE IN DANGER OF FOR DOING THIS )

It is this type behaviour that I think you are expecting God to take care of, when in fact the responsibility is OURS in allowing the HS to bear HIS fruit in us and walk soberly, diligently and in ALL humbleness exhibiting the character of God, that others may know our love and faith in him !

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is this type behaviour that I think you are expecting God to take care of, when in fact the responsibility is OURS in allowing the HS to bear HIS fruit in us and walk soberly, diligently and in ALL humbleness exhibiting the character of God, that others may know our love and faith in him !

Romans 5:1-2 KJV
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ours is to trust in Jesus and to love others.

We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand. We stand in grace because we trust in Jesus, that in Him we are justified.

This is what allows the Holy Spirit to yield fruit in us. That we trust we are reconciled to God in Jesus. And as we fully accept this, believe this, rely on this, well, in my words, my heart just opens wide to God, basking in His love, rejoicing in His love, trusting in Him, loving Him. This is what the Holy Spirit of Christ lives in our lives when we allow Him to, not stopping Him by quenching His work because we don't think we qualify, having forgotten to trust that we are reconciled in Jesus.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think a lot of ppl here are in more agreement than some think. !

Lost people, who are not born again, will agree that Jesus is Savior.....The only way to heaven.
So, the agreement that Christ saves.......that "JESUS SAVES".....is not what is the disagreement on Forums, generally.

The issue, the fire, the anger, explodes, when a person is confronted with the fact that they dont BELIEVE that Jesus keeps them SAVED.

See that? "'KEEPS YOU SAVED"....

Heretics do not believe that JESUS keeps them SAVED, and that is what defines them as a HERETIC.

Heretics do not believe that JESUS keeps them SAVED, and that is what defines them as a HERETIC.

Heretics do not believe that JESUS keeps them SAVED...

So, because they do not, they teach that "you can lose your salvation".....and that is just simply stating that "Jesus does not keep you saved".
And that theology, is an insult to the Grace of God, and the Cross of Christ, and its causes real believers to feel righteous indignation.
See.... this that is being taught is "spitting on the Cross" and that can't be tolerated, or accepted, or overlooked for the sake of REAL BELIEVERS, who can be harmed by these devil deceived self righteous people, on a forum like this one.

So, there will be no peace between Heretics who DENY that the SHED Blood of God on the Cross, <>keeps you saved<>, and real Believers who know better.

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
When a Believer understands that God keeps you saved, once they are born again, they can RELAX in God's Grace.
This revelation knowledge releases the mystical power that is God's "riches in Glory" that frees you from the sin consciousness, that drives the flesh into sin.

Imagine a Laptop hard drive......its full of data.
So, you wipe it, and now its CLEAN.....yet, there are traces... of X's & O's....here and there.
And when you are born again, your sin is wiped clean, and your spirit is joined to God.
Salvation is not a work in progress, its Christ on the Cross 2000 yrs ago.
Yet, there is that mind that is connected to your body......and these work to compete with the holiness that you now possess by becoming :"the righteousness of God, in Christ".

Trying to be good, is a dominion of the law empowerment and "the power of sin is the law".
The more you try by self effort to be good, the more the law empowers your flesh to want to sin more.
See that issue? That is the "curse of the Law",

So, Lets resolve that.... as some of you are just beating your head against the flesh and against the Truth.

Paul learned that its by the understanding of how completely and eternally forgiven we are by the blood of Jesus and the Mercy of God : = having become Spiritually born again as "the Righteousness of God in Christ"....... Paul got the revelation by coming to understand that God had given him absolute pardon and eternal life as a GIFT that God would maintain, Philippians 1:6. Paul eventually referred to this born again SonShip Status as : "IN CHRIST". and "Christ in you the hope of Glory". (Glory is Heaven).
And once he saw this...(got the revelation)....he was freed from the effort to try to be good, that kept him in the Chaos, that is this... "apart from me you can do NOTHING"< Jesus Said.
This means that apart from the Power of Christ in you, you can do nothing but fail to be good.
Paul shut off this power, by trying in his own self effort to live holy, and that is happening to many of you also.
So, when Paul got his understanding right, (renewed mind) regarding who he had become as "a new creation", then he stopped striving to be good, and allowed God to be good through him, and that is how you rest in God's Grace and find the power of Christ as your own.
And that is why Paul said, "it is not I who live"......
Paul was saying...>Its not about my effort to be like Christ...>Its all about Christ in me living through me HIS POWER and God's Love.

Saint, reader, you can't be a perfected disciple in your own striving to be good.
You have to instead find the deliverance out of your striving and into resting in God's Grace that empowers your holiness., and to do that, you have to understand that God keeps you saved, and God will never let you go. "You shall never perish", Jesus said of the born again.
See, as long as you can't believe that, you are trying to do for yourself what only God has already done. And this keeps you trapped in the sinning and confessing discipleship failure LIFE., because "apart from me you can do nothing", Jesus said.

Paul described his revelation that Jesus gave him, as....>"Christ always gives me the Victory".

Saint, reader, = Discipleship is not you trying to be like Christ... Discipleship is you allowing God to live through you, as Christ in you, HIS holiness and power.
So, to sum this up, we obey God in "walking By faith, which worketh by love."

Sound about right? # 2 of my GRACE And Peace:

►► love ◄◄
(2) Present Tense = "...God doth deliver us...":

All believers Should do "good works (faith which worketh by love!)"
{Which will Never Equal CHRIST's Payment For the above Penalty of sin!},
for Which we Are Created In CHRIST JESUS, to perform for Him, having
"been Called into fellowship With Him!" (Ephesians 2:10; 1 Corinthians 1:9)
Amen?:

We "work out our own salvation" (Philippians 2:12). This
Should Be a lifetime of Daily submission, and renewing,
being "not conformed to this world" (Romans 12:1-2),

►►► ? "beginning" And continuing our:

Grace Deliverance From the Power of sin!}
(2 Corinthians 1:10b) = personal sanctification: ◄◄◄

(2a) Christ Living In us, To Fulfil:

All Of His Law, In ONE Word: ►►love◄◄ thy neighbor
as thyself!" (Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)​

(2b) His Spirit Guiding and Teaching us, How To:

"Study to shew thyself Approved Unto God, a
workman that needeth not to be ashamed, Rightly
Dividing The Word Of Truth!" (2 Timothy 2:15 KJB)​

►► love ◄◄
Eternal Results: reward {or loss} (1 Corinthians 3:8-15)

Correct?
================================
Bible Answer To Confusing church Bewilderment!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All believers Should do "good works (faith which worketh by love!)"

We "work out our own salvation" (Philippians 2:12).

Absolutely.
All believers should love God back., as that is really what Discipleship is all about.

And, looking at "work out your salvation". I teach it using this phrase..>"work out your salvation, in awe and wonder", I dont teach the verse as "FEAR"....as most of us think of "fear" as being SCARED, and that is not how we are to feel when we think of God, our Heavenly Father.
We are to respect an Awesome God, but God want us to always understand that we are to boldly come to Him, in praise, and worship, and in times of need.
He is "Abba"...>He's daddy.

Also, "working out your salvation" does not mean to chase it, or to try to hold unto it, or to earn it, as if it can slip away.
But rather, .. the idea is....You HAVE Salvation......You have it.......Its yours, ...as God gave it to you as a GIFT....and now that you HAVE IT, you are to learn how to exist within it, (spiritual Principles of the KOG) by understanding what it is that God has given you as this eternal GIFT.

This understanding of the Gift of God, .... as you learn it, and learn about it....is "working it out".

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Regarding Romans 7 verse 18
The flesh (sinful nature) contains nothing good. While the mind of man can acknowledge good things and while the unregenerate man can have many noble characteristics, ultimately there is nothing in man that can overcome sin. There is nothing in man that merits salvation. Man can desire to do good, but he does not have the power to perform it. (By contrast, the Spirit-filled person does have power to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law—Romans 8:4—because God gives him both the desire and the power to fulfill God’s will—Philippians 2:13.)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is this type behaviour that I think you are expecting God to take care of, when in fact the responsibility is OURS!

JUDE says we are to "contend for the REAL faith".

"contend", : to resist by opposition".

So, this means, when we find spiritual darkness, that is Cross rejection on a Forum, .. then that is the enemy of the Cross of Christ, discovered..
The Cross of Christ is "the REAL FAITH">.....as the finished work of Jesus on the Cross, is where Salvation EXISTS.

Its the "preaching of the Cross", and "faith comes by hearing" this preaching....= "the Preaching of the Cross is the POWER OF GOD :unto Salvation".

"unto Salvation".....means, brings you there..........brings you to "THE Knowledge of the Truth" that JESUS is the SAVIOR< and the only way to heaven".......by believing in Him.
John 14:6

Now, do see what i just did?
Its what i do in every post and in every Thread and in every class and in every sermon.
I teach THE CROSS as "Jesus is the WAY". = "Salvation" and "eternal life"..and... once God gives this to you "as the Gift of Salvation".....>He completes it and your faith, for you.
Philippians 1;6
Hebrews 12:2

When this is refuted, and it is denied, and it is replaced by people on Fourms like this one, who are denying the Faith, by adding to it their self effort and their water baptism, and so forth, then you are to "contend" for the REAL FAITH, against them, for their potential benefit, and for the actual benefit of the real believers, ....so that they are not Harmed spiritually by these DECEIVERS, who would steal their Faith in Christ, and subvert them into... "here is what i have to do, to keep myself saved". = "fallen from Grace" LEGALISTS.
See that?
That is their broken faith.. That is a Legalists theology of..."" I dont believe that JESUS KEEPS ME SAVED"" "I have to do it".... = NO FAITH IN CHRIST.
Yet they pretend they have it, and quote verses, as that is the Devil's game on a FOURM like this one.