Behold, a New Heavens and a New Earth!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
... for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” -Revelation 21:1–5

For all our disagreements on End Times doctrines...on how they will unfold, on timing, sequence, location...really, when it comes down to it, this is where we are all heading. This is where our hope, our longing and expectations lie. The new heavens, the new earth and our dwelling place with God! For as much as it is a joy to live life for God now, with God within us now, he promises us he will dwell face to face with us. A return to Eden...better than Eden!

I know it is practically impossible to imagine what such perfection will be like, but am I the only one who enjoys trying?
Who's up for some wild speculation? My kids often like thinking about what they'll be doing in eternity, so will often have our family talking about it. My daughter loves all animals, so believes God will have her caring for them. My husband is happiest when in a garden, so perhaps he'll be 'new Eden's' groundskeeper...to the glory of God! My son is a nerd and would love to think he could play computer games forever in heaven, but has yet to sell the rest of us on the viability of that! Me? I haven't really decided, to be honest. I love animals, I enjoy gardening, but what really catches my interest and raises my awe, is the cosmos. Do you think God will allow us to explore it? He made it, it shows his magesty? Is it really just for looking at from Earth? I wonder....?
Any way you look at it, its fascinating to know that whatever we end up doing in the next age, it will be something we love, something we find incredibly fulfilling. Something we give thanks to God for as we do it.
What do other people think? What thoughts do you have for the next age? Where do you think God will place you? What would you like to do/see/experience?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I imagine whatever it is Ill be happy doing it. God knows best. Though my now self desires singing and working with children. So I can imagine whatever God has planned will surpass even these joys in my life. With every passing day, eternity with Jesus just sounds more and more lovely. It is something to hope for in a dark world. I am glad I can teach my daughter to serve Christ and help others come to know Him while there is still time. Every day feels like it is the last almost. The world is completely crumbling around us.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I imagine whatever it is Ill be happy doing it. God knows best. Though my now self desires singing and working with children. So I can imagine whatever God has planned will surpass even these joys in my life. With every passing day, eternity with Jesus just sounds more and more lovely. It is something to hope for in a dark world. I am glad I can teach my daughter to serve Christ and help others come to know Him while there is still time. Every day feels like it is the last almost. The world is completely crumbling around us.
"Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Revelation 22).

Reactions: Mayflower
B

brakelite

I'm somewhere with you on the cosmos. I firmly believe there are other civilisations apart from earth, peoples who have never been through what we have...have never experienced the grace and mercy of a forgiving God...I won't mind having the job of telling the story to them. Travelling at the speed of thought, slowing down to watch an exploding star...dropping in on neighbours 400 million light years away to say hi...riding on a comet when you feel like slowing down...

Reactions: Trekson

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” -Revelation 21:1–5

For all our disagreements on End Times doctrines...on how they will unfold, on timing, sequence, location...really, when it comes down to it, this is where we are all heading. This is where our hope, our longing and expectations lie. The new heavens, the new earth and our dwelling place with God! For as much as it is a joy to live life for God now, with God within us now, he promises us he will dwell face to face with us. A return to Eden...better than Eden!

I know it is practically impossible to imagine what such perfection will be like, but am I the only one who enjoys trying?
Who's up for some wild speculation? My kids often like thinking about what they'll be doing in eternity, so will often have our family talking about it. My daughter loves all animals, so believes God will have her caring for them. My husband is happiest when in a garden, so perhaps he'll be 'new Eden's' groundskeeper...to the glory of God! My son is a nerd and would love to think he could play computer games forever in heaven, but has yet to sell the rest of us on the viability of that! Me? I haven't really decided, to be honest. I love animals, I enjoy gardening, but what really catches my interest and raises my awe, is the cosmos. Do you think God will allow us to explore it? He made it, it shows his magesty? Is it really just for looking at from Earth? I wonder....?
Any way you look at it, its fascinating to know that whatever we end up doing in the next age, it will be something we love, something we find incredibly fulfilling. Something we give thanks to God for as we do it.
What do other people think? What thoughts do you have for the next age? Where do you think God will place you? What would you like to do/see/experience?

I can’t imagine what a new heaven and earth will be like. Maybe the garden is a glimpse yet more excellent in Christ. What do I look forward to? I have these days where I’m overwhelmed with great joy and in fellowship and closeness with God. Those days I can handle anything and say within why do I doubt, why do I struggle. Then the low days come. And back-and-forth I go between joy and sorrow. Between closeness and fellowship to distance and separation. I know it is not God who pulls away but me in being overwhelmed with the cares of this world. That is what I look forward to: no more lows. No more pulling away from God for the shadow in full light of His presence. No fear. No doubt. No mood swings. No more suffering. Woke up this morning with Romans 8:18 on my mind:
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Hebrews 2:10-11 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. [11] For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Perfect through sufferings. On this side of glory I get lost in “what is the suffering for.” Couldn’t God just make us perfect in the twinkle of an eye? But our Captain walked as we walk. And again: “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”

It is going to be major. So much so that “the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared.”

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My perspective...

I do not invision gardners growing and tending food crops, which was a Curse given man, to toil and till, hope for rain, to feed himself.

We are already told of the food...and water.

Rev 22: [2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And further we are told ... the Lords "FEEDING" is about KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, UNDERSTANDING of HIS KNOWLEDGE and HIS WISDOM and HIS UNDERSTANDING...not apples and oranges and plowing we already know.

As far as the animals....I don't not believe they will be caged, require tending, muzzles, restraints, and someone to feed them.

John made a VERY INTERESTING comment...

John 21
[25] And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain thebooks that should be written. Amen.

WOW...The Disciples WITH Jesus for a mere 3 Years....and Everything Jesus said and did...John doubted could be contained in all the books that could be written....!!

I think THAT is the KEY to what men will be DOING "in" Christ's earthly Kingdom....

LEARNING Gods KNOWLEDGE and the UNDERSTANDING of HIS KNOWLEDGE...

God KNOWS ALL THINGS....and so that I would say would be the agenda in Christ's Kingdom....

Thereafter...it's a mystery....

Maybe God will Assign every man his own planet to rule over...and the creatures of the planet we know not of....and then we can EXPERIENCE Gods frustration of doing well to other creatures who will REJECT US...as so many men have rejected God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree with you on this one, the Earth made new is where we're headed. But that's not going to be for a bit more than a thousand years from now. First things first. The time is about come, and might be now, for Jesus to DESTROY the destroyers of the Earth. And that means that we have got to be taken out of the way as the land, the earth, will vomit out it's inhabitants. There's a better Home awaiting in the sky, Lord in the sky.

No, you're not.

Who's up for some wild speculation?

I am, i am.

My kids often like thinking about what they'll be doing in eternity, so will often have our family talking about it. My daughter loves all animals, so believes God will have her caring for them. My husband is happiest when in a garden, so perhaps he'll be 'new Eden's' groundskeeper...to the glory of God! My son is a nerd and would love to think he could play computer games forever in heaven, but has yet to sell the rest of us on the viability of that! Me? I haven't really decided, to be honest. I love animals, I enjoy gardening, but what really catches my interest and raises my awe, is the cosmos. Do you think God will allow us to explore it? He made it, it shows his magesty? Is it really just for looking at from Earth? I wonder....?

I bet we can take a spin around the solar system, but i'm not too sure about the whole of the cosmos. The cosmos is big. I don't think Gabriel was traveling that fast when he came from Heaven's location. If we do take a trip to far out world's, i have a hunch we will go together. "For apart from me you can do nothing. God will dwell with man. He will be their God, and they will be His People.

And the Earth WILL be made new again. Behold, He makes all things new again. And all of creation is groaning for this. I think I'll have my cat back. And all my pets. And my goldfish too. God can do anything in our physical universe that's not in violation of His Righteous Rule. He can reach back through time itself to get my animals back. And I'll have a farm for them to live and play with horses and cows. And they won't get any older, and they won't ever die.

Kids can play video games and enjoy animals and enjoy every kind of tree and plant in the ultimate garden of the universe. It would be my honor to cultivate these and to watch them grow. I can't wait for a taste of my Mom's stuffed green peppers again. And I think that I'll be able to reproduce my little neck of the woods and finish some projects in the wood shed. Then build a better wood shed.

But it WILL be the ultimate garden in the universe. There's not another project like this going on 400 million light years away right now. Sorry man. We are it. Part of our purpose here now is in God eradicating the problem of sin. Like Joni Mitchel said: "we are caught up in the Devil's bargain. We've got to get ourselves back to the garden. There's not another Lucifer on another planet somewhere. He has been cast down to Earth, and his angels with him.

The new Earth will be physical. God went to some lengths to describe New Jerusalem as a physical structure. Streets made of pure gold, gates made of pearl and walls of precious stone. He didn't have to tell us that. I think that He wants us to know that we're not going to just be floating around like wispy spirit creatures in some kind of empty void.

Remember how Jesus ate and drank and walked around with the disciples after His resurrection? Jesus told Mary not to touch Him until He had ascended to the Father, and then Thomas was invited to feel our Lord's physical scars. But then Jesus could disappear and then reappear among them. We don't know what we will be, but we know we will be LIKE Him. So maybe we will be like that shape shifter from Star Trek. Maybe we will be able to turn into a ball of light and travel in swift flight across the solar system like Gabriel did when he visited Daniel.

I think one of the reasons that God made the physical universe was so that we could all interact with one another. Remember when Jesus cast out the Legion demon?

"And they begged him not to command them to depart into the abyss.​

Fearing Jesus would send them out of this world and back into the abyss, they begged Him instead to send them into a herd of pigs. They would rather manifest in our physical world as swine, than to be invisible disembodied spirit beings. They begged.

"And they begged Him to let them enter these.​

The best thing will be that we will all be on the same page. Billions of saints and holy angels singing out with one voice around the throne and around the Lamb and casting our crowns at the Lord's feet.

And the watchmen will see eye to eye.

I'm sure that it hasn't even entered into the imaginations of man,
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Reactions: friend of

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can’t imagine what a new heaven and earth will be like. Maybe the garden is a glimpse yet more excellent in Christ. What do I look forward to? I have these days where I’m overwhelmed with great joy and in fellowship and closeness with God. Those days I can handle anything and say within why do I doubt, why do I struggle. Then the low days come. And back-and-forth I go between joy and sorrow. Between closeness and fellowship to distance and separation. I know it is not God who pulls away but me in being overwhelmed with the cares of this world. That is what I look forward to: no more lows. No more pulling away from God for the shadow in full light of His presence. No fear. No doubt. No mood swings. No more suffering. Woke up this morning with Romans 8:18 on my mind:
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Hebrews 2:10-11 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. [11] For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Perfect through sufferings. On this side of glory I get lost in “what is the suffering for.” Couldn’t God just make us perfect in the twinkle of an eye? But our Captain walked as we walk. And again: “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”

It is going to be major. So much so that “the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared.”

Oh boy! I long for this as well! Sometimes I just can't stand to be...me. The idea that I don't have to fight myself anymore...yeah...pretty amazing.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My perspective...

I do not invision gardners growing and tending food crops, which was a Curse given man, to toil and till, hope for rain, to feed himself.

We are already told of the food...and water.

Rev 22: [2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And further we are told ... the Lords "FEEDING" is about KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, UNDERSTANDING of HIS KNOWLEDGE and HIS WISDOM and HIS UNDERSTANDING...not apples and oranges and plowing we already know.
Well, I disagree with the food thing. Not about the weeds and such, the hardship of 'bringing food forth' shall be gone! But back in the garden of Eden God said this:

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. -Genesis 1:29

I think, in the New Jerusalem, the tree of life, which yields its fruit every month, it's just for our longevity. It was also in Eden, remember, and it was that which God stopped Adam and Eve from eating, 'lest they live forever' in their sin. So, I think food will come from other sources, from seed bearing plants and trees. Which basically means gardening and farming. But, like you said, without the fallen element to it, this won't be hard work, it will be enjoyable. It will be just like Adam, tending the garden as it grows and blossoms and bears.

As far as the animals....I don't not believe they will be caged, require tending, muzzles, restraints, and someone to feed them.

Oh, goodness no! I don't think they will either, I don't think they'll need to be! But that does't change the fact that people will want to interact and 'care' for them. God still set Adam to be caretaker over both garden and animals. So, whatever that actually entailed, I imagine people will be doing again!

John made a VERY INTERESTING comment...

John 21
[25] And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain thebooks that should be written. Amen.

WOW...The Disciples WITH Jesus for a mere 3 Years....and Everything Jesus said and did...John doubted could be contained in all the books that could be written....!!

I think THAT is the KEY to what men will be DOING "in" Christ's earthly Kingdom....

LEARNING Gods KNOWLEDGE and the UNDERSTANDING of HIS KNOWLEDGE...

God KNOWS ALL THINGS....and so that I would say would be the agenda in Christ's Kingdom....

Thereafter...it's a mystery....
I think you're spot on about this. I think we're going to spend eternity marvelling over who God is and learning more about him. And, as his nature is infinite, we'll never really know all. But everything new we grasp will be exciting and awesome.

Maybe God will Assign every man his own planet to rule over...and the creatures of the planet we know not of....and then we can EXPERIENCE Gods frustration of doing well to other creatures who will REJECT US...as so many men have rejected God.

Glory to God,
Taken
I've heard one other pastor speculate about this idea of being placed in charge of other planets, and it's fun to think on, isn't it? There's just so much we don't know about the next age, because God doesn't think we need to know. But it could be anything, as anything is possible with God. And the cool thing is; whatever we can imagine, probably doesn't even scratch the surface!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with you on this one, the Earth made new is where we're headed. But that's not going to be for a bit more than a thousand years from now. First things first. The time is about come, and might be now, for Jesus to DESTROY the destroyers of the Earth. And that means that we have got to be taken out of the way as the land, the earth, will vomit out it's inhabitants. There's a better Home awaiting in the sky, Lord in the sky.

No, you're not.

I am, i am.

I bet we can take a spin around the solar system, but i'm not too sure about the whole of the cosmos. The cosmos is big. I don't think Gabriel was traveling that fast when he came from Heaven's location. If we do take a trip to far out world's, i have a hunch we will go together. "For apart from me you can do nothing. God will dwell with man. He will be their God, and they will be His People.

And the Earth WILL be made new again. Behold, He makes all things new again. And all of creation is groaning for this. I think I'll have my cat back. And all my pets. And my goldfish too. God can do anything in our physical universe that's not in violation of His Righteous Rule. He can reach back through time itself to get my animals back. And I'll have a farm for them to live and play with horses and cows. And they won't get any older, and they won't ever die.

Kids can play video games and enjoy animals and enjoy every kind of tree and plant in the ultimate garden of the universe. It would be my honor to cultivate these and to watch them grow. I can't wait for a taste of my Mom's stuffed green peppers again. And I think that I'll be able to reproduce my little neck of the woods and finish some projects in the wood shed. Then build a better wood shed.

But it WILL be the ultimate garden in the universe. There's not another project like this going on 400 million light years away right now. Sorry man. We are it. Part of our purpose here now is in God eradicating the problem of sin. Like Joni Mitchel said: "we are caught up in the Devil's bargain. We've got to get ourselves back to the garden. There's not another Lucifer on another planet somewhere. He has been cast down to Earth, and his angels with him.

The new Earth will be physical. God went to some lengths to describe New Jerusalem as a physical structure. Streets made of pure gold, gates made of pearl and walls of precious stone. He didn't have to tell us that. I think that He wants us to know that we're not going to just be floating around like wispy spirit creatures in some kind of empty void.

Remember how Jesus ate and drank and walked around with the disciples after His resurrection? Jesus told Mary not to touch Him until He had ascended to the Father, and then Thomas was invited to feel our Lord's physical scars. But then Jesus could disappear and then reappear among them. We don't know what we will be, but we know we will be LIKE Him. So maybe we will be like that shape shifter from Star Trek. Maybe we will be able to turn into a ball of light and travel in swift flight across the solar system like Gabriel did when he visited Daniel.

I think one of the reasons that God made the physical universe was so that we could all interact with one another. Remember when Jesus cast out the Legion demon?

"And they begged him not to command them to depart into the abyss.​

Fearing Jesus would send them out of this world and back into the abyss, they begged Him instead to send them into a herd of pigs. They would rather manifest in our physical world as swine, than to be invisible disembodied spirit beings. They begged.

"And they begged Him to let them enter these.​

The best thing will be that we will all be on the same page. Billions of saints and holy angels singing out with one voice around the throne and around the Lamb and casting our crowns at the Lord's feet.

And the watchmen will see eye to eye.

I'm sure that it hasn't even entered into the imaginations of man,
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.

Peaceful Sabbath.
Earth made new. It's really something to think about isn't it? There are some places here on earth that haven't been touched that are staggeringly beautiful. Will it be like that everywhere? Or better? And yes, physical. As someone who struggles with health, I cannot wait to be able to dig in and DO stuff, run, work, play.
I'm not sure it would be a problem travelling vast distances in space. First, we know, as you pointed out, that Christ seemed to travel unusually. Second, God is everywhere! So, even if we were in the furtherst reaches of space, God would still be with us! But...I tend to think if we were to 'head out' to the stars, it wouldn't be for long...just a tour to see it's glory. Because I think you are right...Earth seems to have been God's focal point. It is here he says he will 'dwell among us'. It is here that the tree of life will produce it's fruit. I think it's here we are meant to be.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earth made new. It's really something to think about isn't it? There are some places here on earth that haven't been touched that are staggeringly beautiful. Will it be like that everywhere? Or better? And yes, physical. As someone who struggles with health, I cannot wait to be able to dig in and DO stuff, run, work, play.
I'm not sure it would be a problem travelling vast distances in space. First, we know, as you pointed out, that Christ seemed to travel unusually. Second, God is everywhere! So, even if we were in the furtherst reaches of space, God would still be with us! But...I tend to think if we were to 'head out' to the stars, it wouldn't be for long...just a tour to see it's glory. Because I think you are right...Earth seems to have been God's focal point. It is here he says he will 'dwell among us'. It is here that the tree of life will produce it's fruit. I think it's here we are meant to be.

The earth is not made new, this earth and heavens are destroyed and a new earth and heaven(singular) is made with no stars, sun or moon.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The earth is not made new, this earth and heavens are destroyed and a new earth and heaven(singular) is made with no stars, sun or moon.

I sort of think you're missing the point. But, okay. What about this:

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. -2 Peter 3:10

This is fairly clear, is it not? "Heavens"..."heavenly bodies"...

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sort of think you're missing the point. But, okay. What about this:

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. -2 Peter 3:10

This is fairly clear, is it not? "Heavens"..."heavenly bodies"...

You made it quite clear you believe this earth will be renewed and you talk about letting on that need in the flesh you have now.

Revelation 21 New International Version (NIV)
A New Heaven and a New Earth
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”a]">[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’b]">[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think it will be better. Like the garden of Eden must have been. Everything healthy and vibrant. No sickness or disease.

I don't think work would be bad. It would be fun. I like to work on projects. It's fun to work on things that you like. Time would never be a problem. I wouldn't have to rush, or worry about my dog getting lost.

I better hold my tongue on this part here. I'm not sure what our capabilities will be. Will we be able to travel at a speed outside of time? Because, if not, you might think that you went on a quick trip, but when you got back, everyone else thought that you were gone 2000 years. I guess we'll have to see.

I think it going to be a blast. Life hasn't even started for us here yet. There's just going to be so much to do and an abundance of time to do it in. Think of all the unfortunate people, all the terrible physical conditions that they might find themselves in. The trouble in this life doesn't matter, it is of no consequence to be compared.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.​

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You made it quite clear you believe this earth will be renewed and you talk about letting on that need in the flesh you have now.

I'm missing your point. Are you troubled because I'm using the word "renewed" instead of "destroyed and recreated"? Am I not being specific enough? Not that this thread was supposed to be specific at all, mind you. Remember the part where I said "let's speculate together?" It was supposed to find common ground, rather than give us another reason to argue.

Revelation 21 New International Version (NIV)
A New Heaven and a New Earth
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”a]">[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’b]">[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
If you need clarification on why I used 'renewed' it's because there will be some continuity between the old and new. Yes, we are told the old will 'pass away', that it will do so with fire. That's fairly final, yes? But, the same can be said for us, right? We die, and our bodies rot away into dust. And yet, Paul tells us that our new bodies will still be...us. There will be a continuity between the old and new that still lets us know who it is, what it is...it's just now...perfect. Paul says that the creation is groaning, likewise, for it's own transformation, to be set free from it's own bonds to sin. But...it will still be earth. It will just be 'new' earth.
So, when people say "the Earth will be renewed", they are not denying scriptures clear painting of a final destruction of this planet...just that we are promised continuity.

22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light
I'm not sure how this has anything to do with anything. Unless you're saying there's no point hoping to visit the stars 'cause there won't be any. I question that, really. We know that 'the heaves declare the Glory of the Lord'. Will such a beacon of his glory not be needed in the next age? Granted, we'll see his glory face to face, be able to experience it more fully. But...if we have an eternity to learn about God and to wonder at all his mercies, attributes and glory, how can something as incredible and vast as the universe not come into it?

But, you know...you could put the arguments aside for the moment and talk about what it is you look forward to. Surely you have thought about it?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it will be better. Like the garden of Eden must have been. Everything healthy and vibrant. No sickness or disease.

I don't think work would be bad. It would be fun. I like to work on projects. It's fun to work on things that you like. Time would never be a problem. I wouldn't have to rush, or worry about my dog getting lost.

I better hold my tongue on this part here. I'm not sure what our capabilities will be. Will we be able to travel at a speed outside of time? Because, if not, you might think that you went on a quick trip, but when you got back, everyone else thought that you were gone 2000 years. I guess we'll have to see.

I think it going to be a blast. Life hasn't even started for us here yet. There's just going to be so much to do and an abundance of time to do it in. Think of all the unfortunate people, all the terrible physical conditions that they might find themselves in. The trouble in this life doesn't matter, it is of no consequence to be compared.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.​
It's funny to think that time might work so much differently than what we're used to! Are we going to see time how God does now? Or, will we still be within time, so to speak, and he outside of it, and we just live forever? Things of eternity do my head in a little.
There really is little more satisfying than doing something you enjoy with people you like. If we add into that a perfect place and bodies and the presence of God...sometimes I wish for it now so hard I ache!
But yes...what is now cannot be compared with what is coming...I love that verse, and cling to it often!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm missing your point. Are you troubled because I'm using the word "renewed" instead of "destroyed and recreated"? Am I not being specific enough? Not that this thread was supposed to be specific at all, mind you. Remember the part where I said "let's speculate together?" It was supposed to find common ground, rather than give us another reason to argue.

If you need clarification on why I used 'renewed' it's because there will be some continuity between the old and new. Yes, we are told the old will 'pass away', that it will do so with fire. That's fairly final, yes? But, the same can be said for us, right? We die, and our bodies rot away into dust. And yet, Paul tells us that our new bodies will still be...us. There will be a continuity between the old and new that still lets us know who it is, what it is...it's just now...perfect. Paul says that the creation is groaning, likewise, for it's own transformation, to be set free from it's own bonds to sin. But...it will still be earth. It will just be 'new' earth.
So, when people say "the Earth will be renewed", they are not denying scriptures clear painting of a final destruction of this planet...just that we are promised continuity.

I look forward to being with God, Saints and Angels and whoever else is there.

I look forward to not being old again and having medical issues. Not getting hungry and all the other needs the body that will be gone.

I look forward to living without money and not doing about.

I look forward to what ever God wants me to do eternity.

I look forward to walking around the New Jerusalem.

If part of the package I look forward to exploring the earth, both walking on it flying above it.

I look forward to things that will be there that I simply can't imagine now.

Say yes, I have thought about it.

I'm not sure how this has anything to do with anything. Unless you're saying there's no point hoping to visit the stars 'cause there won't be any. I question that, really. We know that 'the heaves declare the Glory of the Lord'. Will such a beacon of his glory not be needed in the next age? Granted, we'll see his glory face to face, be able to experience it more fully. But...if we have an eternity to learn about God and to wonder at all his mercies, attributes and glory, how can something as incredible and vast as the universe not come into it?

But, you know...you could put the arguments aside for the moment and talk about what it is you look forward to. Surely you have thought about it?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I look forward to being with God, Saints and Angels and whoever else is there.

I look forward to not being old again and having medical issues. Not getting hungry and all the other needs the body that will be gone.

I look forward to living without money and not doing about.

I look forward to what ever God wants me to do eternity.

I look forward to walking around the New Jerusalem.

If part of the package I look forward to exploring the earth, both walking on it flying above it.

I look forward to things that will be there that I simply can't imagine now.

Say yes, I have thought about it.

Do you ever wonder what the New Jerusalem will be like? Do you think God will make use of technology, maybe even more advanced than we have now? Or do you think it'll be something completely other...something like Rivendell in Lord of the Rings? Open to nature because it's neither hot or cold and because it's so beautiful you almost want to live outside; the buildings themselves incredible works of art.
It's probably pointless to try and guess...but still a little fun!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever wonder what the New Jerusalem will be like? Do you think God will make use of technology, maybe even more advanced than we have now? Or do you think it'll be something completely other...something like Rivendell in Lord of the Rings? Open to nature because it's neither hot or cold and because it's so beautiful you almost want to live outside; the buildings themselves incredible works of art.
It's probably pointless to try and guess...but still a little fun!

The Bible paints as clear a picture of the New Jerusalem as we are capable of understanding on this earth.

Technology? Absolutely not and absolutely no need.

You're trying to envision Jerusalem in terms of this earth now. Forget that.

Streets of gold and foundations of precious gems. 12 gates each made out of one Pearl each, Inconceivable to us.