Being Blind will get You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I seem to have fallen into a trap and it took a post on another forum to make me suddenly realize they are right. And after going back and reading some of my posts here it dawned on me just how right they were. And I think it was mentioned here a time or two and I ignored it. I seem to have been forming my opinions and trying to fit G-ds word into that opinion and not realizing what I was doing I was screwing everything up. This is not a post for sympathy and my beliefs will not change, but how I interpret and use G-ds word will change. I have made some dreadful errors and for that I can only say sorry.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We never gave up on you JJ I just decided to stop indulging your wrong thinking it was out of firmness of a true friend not to condem you. I may not have used all the right words but my intentions were always from my heart.You can be stubborn:)We never exspected you completly change your beliefs but only to let God do the talking and the teaching.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45377)
I seem to have fallen into a trap
It happens to the best of us.(Jerusalem Junkie)
but how I interpret and use G-ds word will change.
Well said.(Jerusalem Junkie)
I have made some dreadful errors and for that I can only say sorry.
Welcome to the club, we have all been there 'akhi.In time, the path will become smoother...

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(kriss;45378)
We never exspected you completly change your beliefs but only to let God do the talking and the teaching.
Well said.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45377)
I seem to have fallen into a trap and it took a post on another forum to make me suddenly realize they are right. And after going back and reading some of my posts here it dawned on me just how right they were. And I think it was mentioned here a time or two and I ignored it. I seem to have been forming my opinions and trying to fit G-ds word into that opinion and not realizing what I was doing I was screwing everything up. This is not a post for sympathy and my beliefs will not change, but how I interpret and use G-ds word will change. I have made some dreadful errors and for that I can only say sorry.
This is how the church is SUPPOSED to operate. Not every Christian will have all the right answers all the time. Some will mess up scripture interpretation, others will just be plain wrong. Whatever the case is, it takes time for people to reject the wrong idea and accept the right one. In the mean time, we have to treat them like family.And one other thing.....Why do you write G-d rather than God? (I've never seen that before)

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Why do you write G-d rather than God? (I've never seen that before)
Its the way most observant Jews will write it. Its a belief that if you write it with the O in the middle that someone would copy it and deface it. Sometimes you will see it written with the number 15 which in Hebrew is Yod-Hei (10-5)= 15. Though it is normally written as Teit-Vav 9-6 hope I did not confuse you more.....if you want more info I can PM you the website that will tell you more. Rabbinical decisions have held that writing G-d on a computer is not a permanent form of writing, the decision applies mostly to writing forms that are permanent in nature.A commandment not to erase or deface the name of God comes from Deut. 12:3.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45385)
Its the way most observant Jews will write it. Its a belief that if you write it with the O in the middle that someone would copy it and deface it. Sometimes you will see it written with the number 15 which in Hebrew is Yod-Hei (10-5)= 15. Though it is normally written as Teit-Vav 9-6 hope I did not confuse you more.....if you want more info I can PM you the website that will tell you more. Rabbinical decisions have held that writing G-d on a computer is not a permanent form of writing, the decision applies mostly to writing forms that are permanent in nature.A commandment not to erase or deface the name of God comes from Deut. 12:3.
While I do know and understand the reason behind it: "G-d" is a title rather than hashem [the Name].

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
While I do know and understand the reason behind it: "G-d" is a title rather than hashem [the Name].
True Richard, Hebrew is rather confusing and I am still learning but have yet to find any places to learn it on the web.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45394)
True Richard, Hebrew is rather confusing and I am still learning but have yet to find any places to learn it on the web.
It actually isn't that bad. It is the conjugation of the verbs which I found/find hardest. Get yourself some high quality hardcopy resources. You might also try some software, there is some available for purchase though I can not think of a name of any currently.May you enjoy learning Ivrit [Hebrew] and may it serve you well 'akhi.Until then, may YHVH Eloheynu bless you.