Being Sensitive To The Hoy Spirit's Leading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
One time a friend of mine dropped in to see me at home. She was so upset, crying her eyes out. She told me that she and her husband had a big fight and he was about to leave her. They were both new christians at the time and not yet a member of any particular church. She wanted me to come and talk to him but I felt it was not my place to talk to them about relationship issues, even though I led them both to salvation, I was a single person and they needed someone who was more suited to counsel them in this area.

I remember telling her that there was a combined night service at our church that evening [I was meant to be there but was glad I wasn't] and I will take her there to find someone to talk with her and her husband. She sat in the car as I went in hoping to find someone for her to talk with. I saw my Pastor in the crowd as well as a number of other Pastors from different denominations. I went straight towards him but clearly felt the Holy Spirit saying "no!" so I diverted back toward where I came in and stopped.

I thought that perhaps it was just me and I was being a bit picky or something, so I tried again - walking toward my Pastor, again and again I got a clear sense of the Holy Spirit saying "No!" so I said "Who then Lord?" the Holy Spirit then showed me an older couple. A Pastor and his wife. I went up to this Pastor's wife and explained the situation to her. She came out and had a chat with my friend in the car. Later down the track, they were both counselled by this couple and joined their church eventually. They stayed together after that and are still together today. Thank you Jesus!

A few days after this incident, my Pastor asked me [I felt a sense of accusation in his voice] why I did not approach him instead of a Pastor's wife from another denomination but I had no real answer for him. I just had to follow what the Holy Spirit was directing me to do...

Sometimes we just have to follow the Holy Spirit's leading....There is great value in Hindsight

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time a friend of mine dropped in to see me at home. She was so upset, crying her eyes out. She told me that she and her husband had a big fight and he was about to leave her. They were both new christians at the time and not yet a member of any particular church. She wanted me to come and talk to him but I felt it was not my place to talk to them about relationship issues, even though I led them both to salvation, I was a single person and they needed someone who was more suited to counsel them in this area.

I remember telling her that there was a combined night service at our church that evening [I was meant to be there but was glad I wasn't] and I will take her there to find someone to talk with her and her husband. She sat in the car as I went in hoping to find someone for her to talk with. I saw my Pastor in the crowd as well as a number of other Pastors from different denominations. I went straight towards him but clearly felt the Holy Spirit saying "no!" so I diverted back toward where I came in and stopped.

I thought that perhaps it was just me and I was being a bit picky or something, so I tried again - walking toward my Pastor, again and again I got a clear sense of the Holy Spirit saying "No!" so I said "Who then Lord?" the Holy Spirit then showed me an older couple. A Pastor and his wife. I went up to this Pastor's wife and explained the situation to her. She came out and had a chat with my friend in the car. Later down the track, they were both counselled by this couple and joined their church eventually. They stayed together after that and are still together today. Thank you Jesus!

A few days after this incident, my Pastor asked me why I did not approach him instead of a Pastor's wife from another denomination but I had no real answer for him. I just had to follow what the Holy Spirit was directing me to do...

Sometimes we just have to follow the Holy Spirit's leading....There is great value in Hindsight
"Being Sensitive To The Hoy Spirit's Leading"
Desiring, praying and hoping to become way more sensitive to His Spirit and His leading...
Had you gone to the pastor at that time, they might not have stayed together! "To obey is better than sacrifice" :Agreed:

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My friend was stunning and a model. My Pastor at that time, although older than me, was still very young and this was his first Pastoral postition. God knew the struggles he had as he left the Pastoral postion a few years later. "Hindsight"

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend was stunning and a model. My Pastor at that time, although older than me, was still very young and this was his first Pastoral postition. God knew the struggles he had as he left the Pastoral postion a few years later. "Hindsight"
Huh, yes, something to consider...if he were perhaps older and more mature in his fruit...?
I hope he is still walking with the Lord.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Another time I was at a night service and a leader from our church got up to be prayed for. I didn't know anything about his situation but I could see that my Pastor was being a little hesitant to lay hands on him for prayer. My Pastor eventually picked me out of those gathered and asked me to come up and pray for him. I immediately discerned the Holy Spirit telling me to be careful about what I say to this man and to be sensitive to his leading.

This made me a bit nervous and I was shaking but I got up and prayed for him with humility and according to what the HS wanted me to say. It went something like this; "God knows your concerns and he has said not to worry about this situation because he is going to turn it around. He loves you and he knows your walk and he is going to turn things around."

That was it. Another leader from our church got up to pray for him also but he started arguing with him? :doldrums: I didn't know why...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Another time I was at a night service and a leader from our church got up to be prayed for. I didn't know anything about his situation but I could see that my Pastor was being a little hesitant to lay hands on him for prayer. My Pastor eventually picked me out of those gathered and asked me to come up and pray for him. I immediately discerned the Holy Spirit telling me to be careful about what I say to this man and to be sensitive to his leading.

This made me a bit nervous and I was shaking but I got up and prayed for him with humility and according to what the HS wanted me to say. It went something like this; "God knows your concerns and he has said not to worry about this situation because he is going to turn it around. He loves you and he knows your walk and he is going to turn things around."

That was it. Another leader from our church got up to pray for him also but he started arguing with him? :doldrums: I didn't know why...
I found out later on that his son was facing jail time because he threatened a group of young people [people he knew] with a gun. This turned around in a divine way as that young man did not end up in jail but got the help he so desparately needed....

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds scary for sure. But, you OBEYED The HS leading :Thumbsup:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes the Holy Spirit directs me to help people and when I do he blesses me with more peace and love from his spirit. And lately I've been getting joy too. It's been very pleasant. I've grown to love God and his Holy Spirit. I want to be with him in heaven for all time and eternity.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sometimes the Holy Spirit directs me to help people and when I do he blesses me with more peace and love from his spirit. And lately I've been getting joy too. It's been very pleasant. I've grown to love God and his Holy Spirit. I want to be with him in heaven for all time and eternity.
Me too brother, me too. :Amen: