Beliefs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During my years of internet fellowship I have met people along the way that to me had very strange beliefs. I'm sure they could say same thing about me. When Jesus walked the earth in his Mary body, we have nothing in scripture that really helps us define Jesus. The bible says a little here and a little there on how Jesus was raised in his household. It doesn't say much about his parents or siblings or day to day living. So not much in scripture to really define who he is.

I believe there is a reason for lack of scriptures giving definitions. The day would come when Jesus would come back to live in every human being that trusted him, believed in him for their salvation. Now if Jesus were defined I believe the human being would have a harder time understanding how they are to live. Let me say it like this! It would be a further stretch for them to be themselves.

Being yourself is how Christ lives and is expressed or defined by your creation. In other words "for to me to live" is to express Christ as you are, defined as your creation of expression-you-just you with Christ in you!

Your not God, or a little God as some teachers taught for awhile. That was error, lack of solid truth from scripture, so it will not stand the test of time. We should give them kudos for searching scripture and trying to put it together, but there was very little truth in what was being said at the time, I think it was the eighties when that was coming down the pike.

We are dealing with the mind of God, you are not going to figure everything out but what you need to know. Christ in you-you need to know. You don't just need to know about him, you need to know him. Bless you.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is a reason for lack of scriptures giving definitions

Indeed there is, Scripture was never meant to used like Protestant do but the Church is the one that is the pillar and foundation of truth.

Reactions: soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They really are self explanatory, no need for great allegorical treks through the word.
@soul man I agree; I'm puzzled by so called Fundamentalist preachers who when faced with passages in the NT on subjects such as divorce/remarriage for example will suddenly invoke "allegorical" prisms in order to re-interpret/un-interpret the plain sense of certain passages.

Reactions: soul man and Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man I agree; I'm puzzled by so called Fundamentalist preachers who when faced with passages in the NT on subjects such as divorce/remarriage for example will suddenly invoke "allegorical" prisms in order to re-interpret/un-interpret the plain sense of certain passages.

It's tough when you draw a check, you have to fit everyone's beliefs

Reactions: Jay Ross

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's tough when you draw a check, you have to fit everyone's beliefs

That is just like a politician's role. Needing not to offend the people with his remarks to hold his position with his society.

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just like a politician's role. Needing not to offend the people with his remarks to hold his position with his society.

Just a statement but it's true we all do it. Does not make them worse than anyone else but they may be worse off because until you can be yourself in a situation you will never find contentment. That goes for every job situation and relationship in life, you have to be yourself. Stereotypes and fitting in will never give you what you need.

Paul said "do I please man or God"

You please God by being yourself (in him) not trying to be something your not, that is pleasing man. You will never be comfortable in life if you seek to please man all the time. No charge for examples but men and women go into a relationship with a stereotype of what a man and woman are supposed to be. But with Christ in you you don't have to be anything except yourself. So believers can see that they will have to work on a few people skills by seeing Christ in them and that person (the two being one in spirit and mind or soul) coming forth in every situation. It's called mind renewal, what is mind Renewal? Mind renewal is a believer who has seen Christ as the only life of the believer and that life is what has to come forth to have a person that was designed to live by the life of another (even Christ).

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man Sad comment, but maybe more truth to it than what one would like to admit.

Your absultely right it is sad, and not a comment I'm proud of. It is probably best if I leave those areas alone because I'm right on the edge of judgement and that is not my point. What someone does is their business, I have trouble of my own without fixing everyone else, but in the heat of writing you will say things. It's like preaching in a way, things will come flying out :) opps

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Your absultely right it is sad, and not a comment I'm proud of. It is probably best if I leave those areas alone because I'm right on the edge of judgement and that is not my point. What someone does is their business, I have trouble of my own without fixing everyone else, but in the heat of writing you will say things. It's like preaching in a way, things will come flying out :) opps
@soul man I'm glad you said it; it baffles me when they might make a whole series of statements which boil down to their or other ppl's personal preferences; yet when it comes to something really major like that there is suddenly a deathly silence or else some vague exculpatory phrase.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man I'm glad you said it; it baffles me when they might make a whole series of statements which boil down to their or other ppl's personal preferences; yet when it comes to something really major like that there is suddenly a deathly silence or else some vague exculpatory phrase.

I should rephrase "it comes flying out" to "in the arenas I have been in anyway." You could say about anything accept for getting on doctrine that was a no no. My point is I said alot of stupid stuff through the years trying to put it together :) I'm sure I'm still prone to that.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I should rephrase "it comes flying out" to "in the arenas I have been in anyway." You could say about anything accept for getting on doctrine that was a no no. My point is I said alot of stupid stuff through the years trying to put it together :) I'm sure I'm still prone to that.
@soul man Well, I'm sure we have all regretted stuff we have said; you did make a good point, though, earlier.