• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
=
The NT says that to become born again, is to : "believe UNTO righteousness". (KJV).

What does that actually mean Reader?

It means to " be made righteous", based on believing The Truth.. = John 14:6.
It literally means that God, who is Righteousness, recreates you as a "new creation" "in Christ". = You are "made righteous", which means you have become "Born again".

Listen......Here is what God did 4 U....God Himself took responsibility for you being born into a "sin nature" "Adamic Nature".... He took responsibility for this, and created a blood atonement eternal restoration, that is God as Christ on the Cross, who resolves your sin and in place of it restores you to fellowship with God, exactly as Adam had it before he sinned.
2nd Adam who is Christ, by His Blood, Death, and Resurrection, restores a BELIEVER to 1st Adam relationship with God.

Think of it like this....God , as Christ, kept the law, kept the commandments, and never sinned.
Thats a holy life lived, completed, finished.
God, as Christ then offers this life and death, for you, for your sin, for your unrighteousness, as if you lived the Holy Life that Jesus lived.
SEE THAT GIFT of SALVATION ???
On the Cross, Jesus becomes your life of sin, and you, when you are born again, are spiritually made a "New creation", that is the holy life that Jesus lived.
That is WHO you become.....as "the righteousness of God" "In Christ".
Notice that you dont do it.
Notice that water has no part in this.
See it?
Its God as Christ, providing to you and for you, the holy life He lived as Jesus.
The CROSS is where God offers it to you. He takes Your sin upon Himself, and you become, Spiritually "The righteousness righteousness of God"..."In Christ".

WELCOME TO SALVATiON.
WELCOME TO REDEMPTION.
Welcome to what it means to become a SON OF GOD as a New Creation In Christ.

When Jesus said..."you must be born again"...>He meant you must be MADE RIGHTEOUS (sinless) Spiritually....or you dont go to heaven, as that is the context of what Jesus is explaining.
He's explaining the end result of being born again..as "made righteous"..= "you must be born again".
Thats a 2nd birthday.
Have you had this Spiritual Birthday? If not you are this.... John 3:36
Your first BD was when your mother's water broke and you were "born of water"....you came out of water...>You were in water, inside your mother....and that is the first birth....'"by water""
Now you have to be BORN AGAIN....Spiritually....
See it?
Thats a 2nd Birthday......Jesus said.....>"you must be born AGAIN".
"again"
"again".

Now...
Where this confuses most believers and all who are not actually born again but pretend to be.....is... that the righteousness Of God, becomes your born again Spirit when you are born again....This is to become "One with God" and God is "A" Spirit.
So, when you read in the NT, Paul teaching, that you are "made Righteous", and are become a " New Creation In Christ", "One with GOD", then this is to have ""believed UNTO Righteousness.""
This happens to all who are born again, and its why you are born again...>Its the process of becoming God's Righteousness...as a "new creation" "in Christ"....or as Jesus says..."you must be born again"...Spiritually, as "the righteousness of God".
And this is a GIFT to you...."The gift of Salvation"..."The Gift of Righteousness".
Being born again, is to have received that GIFT, and the result is that you become a "new creation" ..."in Christ".

This end result, this "believe unto Righteousness", is caused by the Holy Spirit, (not water)... as the new (spiritual) birth when God gives you the : "power to become a Son of God".
The becoming, is a birth in the Spirit. Its a 2nd Birthday.. as you've already had one., and that is why Jesus says you "must be BORN = AGAIN"...and this time, not by water, but by the Holy Spirit.
This is to be "born again"....this is the 2nd Birth....and when this has happened, it is because you have done this....>= "believe unto righteousness". '"Faith is counted as righteousness"..."Justification BY faith".

"All that call on the NAME OF JESUS....Shall be saved".
"To them that worketh NOT, but BELIEVETH On Him (God) who Justifies the UNGODLY...their FAITH.... is counted as RIGHTEOUSNESS."""

See that?
That is to "believe UNTO Righteousness".

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=
The NT says that to become born again, is to : "believe UNTO righteousness". (KJV).

It literally means that God, who is Righteousness, recreates you as a "new creation" "in Christ". = You are "made righteous", which means you have become "Born again".

Reader, salvation is never explained correctly to you, and that is why it seems fuzzy, veiled.

Listen......Here is what God did 4 U....God Himself took responsibility for you being born into a "sin nature" "Adamic Nature".... He took responsibility for this, and created a blood atonement eternal restoration, that is God as Christ on the Cross, who resolves your sin and in place of it restores you to fellowship with God, exactly as Adam had it before he sinned.
2nd Adam who is Christ, by His Blood, Death, and Resurrection, restores a BELIEVER to 1st Adam relationship with God.

Think of it like this....God , as Christ, kept the law, kept the commandments, and never sinned.
God, as Christ then offers this life and death, for you, for your sin, for your unrighteousness, as if you lived the Holy Life that Jesus lived.
On the Cross, Jesus becomes your life of sin, and you, when you are born again, are spiritually made a "New creation", that is the holy life that Jesus lived.
See it?
Its God as Christ, providing to you and for you, the holy life He lived as Jesus.
The CROSS is where God offers it to you. He takes Your sin upon Himself, and you become, Spiritually "The righteousness righteousness of God"..."In Christ".

WELCOME TO SALVATiON.
WELCOME TO REDEMPTION.

When Jesus said..."you must be born again"...>He meant you must be MADE RIGHTEOUS (sinless) Spiritually....or you dont go to heaven, as that is the context of what Jesus is explaining.
He's explaining the end result of being born again..as "made righteous"..= "you must be born again".
Thats a 2nd birthday.
Your first BD was when your mother's water broke and you were "born of water"....you came out of water...>You were in water, inside your mother....and that is the first birth....'"by water""
See it?
"again"
"again".

Now...
Where this confuses most believers and all who are not actually born again but pretend to be.....is... that the righteousness Of God, becomes your born again Spirit when you are born again....This is to become "One with God" and God is "A" Spirit.
So, when you read in the NT, Paul teaching, that you are "made Righteous", and are become a " New Creation In Christ", "One with GOD", then this is to have ""believed UNTO Righteousness.""
This happens to all who are born again, and its why you are born again...>Its the process of becoming God's Righteousness...as a "new creation" "in Christ"....or as Jesus says..."you must be born again"...Spiritually, as "the righteousness of God".
And this is a GIFT to you...."The gift of Salvation"..."The Gift of Righteousness".
Being born again, is to have received that GIFT, and the result is that you become a "new creation" ..."in Christ".

This end result, this "believe unto Righteousness", is caused by the Holy Spirit, (not water)... as the new (spiritual) birth when God gives you the : "power to become a Son of God".
The becoming, is a birth in the Spirit. Its a 2nd birth.. as you've already had one., and that is why Jesus says you "must be BORN = AGAIN"...and this time, not by water, but by Spirit.
This is to be "born again"....this is the 2nd Birth....and when this has happened, it is because you have done this....>= "believe unto righteousness". '"Faith is counted as righteousness"..."Justification BY faith".

"To them that worketh NOT, but BELIEVETH On Him (God) who Justifies the UNGODLY...their FAITH.... is counted as RIGHTEOUSNESS."""

See that?
My own experience is that there is great peace when I obey the Lord's commandments.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
My own experience is that there is great peace when I obey the Lord's commandments.

My own experience is that because i Have Christ in me, who is the Prince of Peace, .. im given the "peace that passes all understanding".

If i tried to have/cause personal peace by commandment keeping, or law keeping, or by trying to be perfect by works in the flesh vs, having God's peace as my own as His Gift that comes with "the gift of Salvation"..... i would fail.
Jesus said, "My peace i give unto you"'.
Nothing else is required because this is a Gift and a place of Grace because its God's peace that i can have, that im given.
= Given.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My own experience is that because i Have Christ in me, who is the Prince of Peace, .. im given the "peace that passes all understanding".

If i tried to have/cause personal peace by commandment keeping, or law keeping, or by trying to be perfect by works in the flesh vs, having God's peace as my own as His Gift that comes with "the gift of Salvation"..... i would fail.
Jesus said, "My peace i give unto you"'.
Nothing else is required because this is a Gift and a place of Grace because its God's peace that i can have, that im given.
= Given.
I find that when I sin, I lose my peace.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I find that when I sin, I lose my peace.

Well, the thing is........ when you get into the ritual of feeling bad about your deed, and you have that terrible feeling for a few days, and then about day 3, you feel better, then day 7 you dont remember it at all.
See all that?
Where you first told God you are "so sorry", and then you feel bad for a while, till this passes, and then you think..."ok, its good, im forgive"
See all that that you just did Again, And again and again, for years?
That is wasting your time, playing a Psychology Game.
Its a ritual that you just played again, for....how many times now?
And all that time, you were just as forgiven, as you think you are after you play that game of "i have to feel bad for a while, and then when i feel better, this means that me and God are OK again".
And the entire process is just a ritual you played with yourself to try to get out of your GUILT TRIP about your deed.
Its all a mindgame you just went through again, Bob, that you put yourself through for NOTHING>.. and the entire time Jesus has already paid for that sin, 2000 yrs ago, and God is waiting for you to realize this......
Listen, Jesus didn't pay for your next sin.....again, ......because you confessed it and felt terrible for a few days.
He doesn't have to go back to the Cross, Die, and come out of the tomb again and again for you each time you mess up again, Bob.
See, He died once and for ALL....for all of us and for all our sin.

Learn to realize....>"ok, that is paid for"......"ok, that is already forgiven"..
And that is while you are doing it.
See that?
That does not mean to enjoy it........or to play a game of...."well, its forgiven, so, i might as well enjoy it"
No that is not what im showing you.
Im showing you that all your sin is already covered by the Blood of Jesus, and when you realize this, then this revelation will become the Grace of God as your FAITH, and in this, your mind is being renewed and you will find that power of Christ that Paul says..."always GIVES me the Victory".

And if you can come to understand this, then you are finally learning what the GRACE of GOD, as "SALVATION", has done for you.
And when you do, your sinning issue will fade more and more, into God's Grace that is the cure.... that is the power to live a perfected discipleship.

Last edited:

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
believes >>>>>>>>> unto righteousness
obedience >>>>>>>> unto righteousness Romans 6:16

Since there is but one way to be saved, no alternatives, then NT belief that saves is obedience, believing is obeying the words of Christ (Luke 6:46) in repenting (Luke 13:3) confessing (Matthew 10:32-33) and being baptized (Mark 16:16).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
believes >>>>>>>>> unto righteousness
obedience >>>>>>>> unto righteousness Romans 6:16

Salvation, is not you doing it.
So, go ahead and come down from the Cross whenever you are ready.
See, you keep trying to find a way to give yourself credit for it.
You search for some verse you can misunderstand, or you belong to some church that has you believing that Salvation, is you doing something.

God has a different point of View.
God says...>"i came to this world as Jesus, and i offer you MY Salvation"..

For some reason, this is not acceptable to you, and you prefer to keep trying to prove that you are in charge of being saved.
Trust me.
Trust God.
You are not in charge.
God does not accept you or your works.
He only Accepts what He has provided from the Cross, and if you will join that, then He will have you.
But not until.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Phil 2:12 work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.....God does not save those who do nothing for it is those "who doeth" the will of God that enter the kingdom Matt 7:21......Luke 6:46, 2 Thess 1:8 those who "obey not" are lost.

Reactions: Wynona

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the thing is........ when you get into the ritual of feeling bad about your deed, and you have that terrible feeling for a few days, and then about day 3, you feel better, then day 7 you dont remember it at all.
See all that?
Where you first told God you are "so sorry", and then you feel bad for a while, till this passes, and then you think..."ok, its good, im forgive"
See all that that you just did Again, And again and again, for years?
That is wasting your time, playing a Psychology Game.
Its a ritual that you just played again, for....how many times now?
And all that time, you were just as forgiven, as you think you are after you play that game of "i have to feel bad for a while, and then when i feel better, this means that me and God are OK again".
And the entire process is just a ritual you played with yourself to try to get out of your GUILT TRIP about your deed.
Its all a mindgame you just went through again, Bob, that you put yourself through for NOTHING>.. and the entire time Jesus has already paid for that sin, 2000 yrs ago, and God is waiting for you to realize this......
Listen, Jesus didn't pay for your next sin.....again, ......because you confessed it and felt terrible for a few days.
He doesn't have to go back to the Cross, Die, and come out of the tomb again and again for you each time you mess up again, Bob.
See, He died once and for ALL....for all of us and for all our sin.

Learn to realize....>"ok, that is paid for"......"ok, that is already forgiven"..
And that is while you are doing it.
See that?
That does not mean to enjoy it........or to play a game of...."well, its forgiven, so, i might as well enjoy it"
No that is not what im showing you.
Im showing you that all your sin is already covered by the Blood of Jesus, and when you realize this, then this revelation will become the Grace of God as your FAITH, and in this, your mind is being renewed and you will find that power of Christ that Paul says..."always GIVES me the Victory".

And if you can come to understand this, then you are finally learning what the GRACE of GOD, as "SALVATION", has done for you.
And when you do, your sinning issue will fade more and more, into God's Grace that is the cure.... that is the power to live a perfected discipleship.
The consequences of our sin, should we fail to repent, become more and more painful - we really can't ignore them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Phil 2:12 work out your own salvation

Yes, you are to work it out.
You are not to try to keep it, or to try to do earn it.

You are to work out, what you already possess.

See, you are trying to save yourself......... which is why you look at this verse as...>>"i must WORK to stay SAVED"...or "i must work to BE saved".

See that? That is Jesus ripped off the Nails, and you up there on the Cross trying to keep your salvation or BE your own salvation by your SELF EFFORT.

This is RELIGION........its not salvation.

The verse says, to "work out".....>"YOUR"......

This is because its yours......>You have been given it as "the GIFT of Salvation".

Its a GIFT.
You are GIVEN THE GIFT of Salvation.

Now that you have it.......Now that you HAVE THE GIFT...... you are to work it out.

"work it out"..

= Learn how to exit in it, correctly........Learn what it is you have been given and exist in it, according to knowledge.

That is how you "work out", what you have been GIVEN......"the GIFT of Salvation".

Reactions: mailmandan

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Yes, you are to work it out.
You are not to try to keep it, or to try to do earn it.

You are to work out, what you already possess.

See, you are trying to save yourself......... which is why you look at this verse as...>>"i must WORK to stay SAVED"...or "i must work to BE saved".

See that? That is Jesus ripped off the Nails, and you up there on the Cross trying to keep your salvation or BE your own salvation by your SELF EFFORT.

This is RELIGION........its not salvation.

The verse says, to "work out".....>"YOUR"......

This is because its yours......>You have been given it as "the GIFT of Salvation".

Its a GIFT.
You are GIVEN THE GIFT of Salvation.

Now that you have it.......Now that you HAVE THE GIFT...... you are to work it out.

"work it out"..

= Learn how to exit in it, correctly........Learn what it is you have been given and exist in it, according to knowledge.

That is how you "work out", what you have been GIVEN......"the GIFT of Salvation".

Salvation is a free gift so it cannot be earned. Since it cannot be earned does NOT mean man has nothing to do to be saved, man can meet the conditions God has placed upon His free gift and obeying to meet the conditions does not earn the free gift. Not one time OT or NT is one's obedience in doing God's will is obedience ever described as a work of merit one does to earn God's free gift.

Therefore man must obey in believing, repenting, confessing and be baptized to INITIALLY receive the promise of eternal life. Then the new convert for the rest of his life must continue to obey God in order to keep this promise of eternal life. Turning away from God in disobedience one will forfeit this promise and become lost. So for the Christian to keep this promise he MUST continue FOR LIFE in doing good works (Ephesians 2:10); continue to walk in the light (1 John 1:7); give diligence in making election and calling sure (2 Peter 1:10); be faithful unto death (Revelation 2:10); etc., for God's free gift promise of salvation is never received UNconditionally nor kept UNconditionally.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=

Reader, salvation is never explained correctly to you, and that is why it seems fuzzy, veiled.

See it?

WELCOME TO SALVATiON.
WELCOME TO REDEMPTION.

Thats a 2nd birthday.
See it?
"again"
"again".

Now...

The becoming, is a birth in the Spirit. Its a 2nd birth.. as you've already had one., and that is why Jesus says you "must be BORN = AGAIN"...and this time, not by water, but by Spirit.

See that?
Believing unto Righteousness means that one believes unto Christ, for Christ is their righteousness. Also it means a person believes because of Righteousness, because they are made righteous by the obedience of one Rom 5:19
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

A person believes because they have already been born again.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
earnest t bass

Salvation is a free gift so it cannot be earned. Since it cannot be earned does NOT mean man has nothing to do to be saved, man can meet the conditions God has placed upon His free gift and obeying to meet the conditions does not earn the free gift. Not one time OT or NT is one's obedience in doing God's will is obedience ever described as a work of merit one does to earn God's free gift.

This is advocating salvation by works, conditioned on what man does.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
earnest t bass

This is advocating salvation by works, conditioned on what man does.
salvation is a free gift so there is nothing one can do to earn it. But salvation is conditional therefore one must obey to meet the conditions God has placed upon His gift. Meeting the necessary preconditions on a free gift does not, cannot earn the gift. Man doing nothing is not the necessary condition that must be met for man to receive the free gift.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
salvation is conditional

Salvation is not "conditional" on your behavior.
See, you are already a sinner, hell bound. So, that is what your behavior has achieved.

To be born again, is what God offers you based on what Jesus has done for you that allows God to accept you based only on the Cross and Blood and Christ's Death ......
What you are trying to prove is that your self effort is equal to the Cross of Christ, and that is why you talk about what you think YOU must do.
So, its a self delusion to believe that you can offer God anything that He is going to accept to accept you into His family.

Salvation is God offering you something, and if you take it, then He will take you.
If you try to add to it, yourself, and your behavior, then you are not accepting His "Gift of Salvation"

Reactions: mailmandan and APAK

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Salvation is not "conditional" on your behavior.
See, you are already a sinner, hell bound. So, that is what your behavior has achieved.

To be born again, is what God offers you based on what Jesus has done for you that allows God to accept you based only on the Cross and Blood and Christ's Death ......
What you are trying to prove is that your self effort is equal to the Cross of Christ, and that is why you talk about what you think YOU must do.
So, its a self delusion to believe that you can offer God anything that He is going to accept to accept you into His family.

Salvation is God offering you something, and if you take it, then He will take you.
If you try to add to it, yourself, and your behavior, then you are not accepting His "Gift of Salvation"

Salvation most certainly is conditional upon man's behavior in obeying God. There is no example of God ever saving anyone who continued to live in rebellion, defiance of obeying God's will.

Being born again is up to man. God has offered a way for man to be born again thru water baptism, therefore it is incumbent upon man to obey God's command to be baptized for man to be born again. God does not choose for men which ones will be born again and which ones will not for such makes God a respecter of persons (Acts of the Apostles 10:34-35). God requires man to obey by believing, (Jn 3:16) repenting (Lk 13:3) confessing (Mt 10:32-33) and being baptized (Mk 16:16) in order to receive salvation. God put these requirements in His word, I did not add them.

After Peter convicted those in Acts 2 of their sins, they inquired of Peter of what they must do. Peter did not tell them to do nothing because God has already decided for you which ones will or will not be saved. Peter did not tell them have faith only. Peter did not tell them to say a sinner's prayer. Peter DID COMMAND them to do something...repent and be baptized then they could be saved/sins remitted and those who did obey had their sins remitted while those who disobeyed rejecting Peter's words remained lost. (Acts of the Apostles 2:41).

How an inspired, Apostle Peter answered these people's question in what they MUST DO is the complete opposite of how a Calvinistic, 'faith only' preacher would answer that question.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Salvation most certainly is conditional upon man's behavior in obeying God. There is no example of God ever saving anyone who .

Salvation, is not you doing something so that God will let you go to heaven.

Listen, if you could earn the right to go to heaven, Christ didn't have to DIE FOR YOU>

Do you understand this?
Will you ever?

Also, there is no example of God ever saving anyone who went to hell later.

Try to understand WHY, and you have begun to understand this......>"Jesus said from the Cross..... "IT IS Finished".

What is """""finished""""", Earnest?
What did Christ FINISH, by shedding His Blood, and Dying, and being raised from the dead. ??????
Listen, what He "finished", you have to have, or you will not go to heaven.
You can not ride a wave of water baptism into heaven.
That wont do it.

You must be "BORN AGAIN"< and Water wont get you there.

You dont understand what is "finished" yet....that Christ has completed..., and until you do, you will continue to try to work your way into heaven, and that is not possible.

Reactions: mailmandan

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
salvation is a free gift so there is nothing one can do to earn it. But salvation is conditional therefore one must obey to meet the conditions God has placed upon His gift. Meeting the necessary preconditions on a free gift does not, cannot earn the gift. Man doing nothing is not the necessary condition that must be met for man to receive the free gift.
You said it yourself, you condition salvation on what a person does, thats works, and it flat out denies salvation by grace friend.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you actually belong to a group that has led you to not realize how impossible it is to be born again, before you have believed in Christ. ?
You have to be born of God to believe on Christ. Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Those who received Him and believed on His Name did so because they were born of God.