Believing in creeds

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Many people assume they have salvation because they believe in a creed.The creed may well be scriptural but my experience, (and that of many of my friends, and what I read in the New Testament) that doesn't neccessarily give me what I read about in the New Tetstament.What I, or rather Jesus, is saying is, you can believe all right things about Jesus, but it's what you believe about yourself that counts.If I don't believe I need what Jesus says I need, then I'm not really believing in him, I'm saying "leave me alone!""why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)Specifically, those that believe on him should receive His Spirit, who brings his love, and mind, and have his works (signs, miracles) following when they need them.Mark 16:15-20; John 7:37-39, 10:37, 14:12; Acts 2:4, 33-39.The problem with creeds is not what they say, it's what they don't say. Having all the words without the Spirit of God is, to use bible phrases, white-washed sepulchres full of dead men's bones, a finely-dressed ***** and sheep's clothing over a wolf.Does anyone agree?

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(TallMan;26239)
Many people assume they have salvation because they believe in a creed.The creed may well be scriptural but my experience, (and that of many of my friends, and what I read in the New Testament) that doesn't neccessarily give me what I read about in the New Tetstament.What I, or rather Jesus, is saying is, you can believe all right things about Jesus, but it's what you believe about yourself that counts.If I don't believe I need what Jesus says I need, then I'm not really believing in him, I'm saying "leave me alone!""why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)Specifically, those that believe on him should receive His Spirit, who brings his love, and mind, and have his works (signs, miracles) following when they need them.Mark 16:15-20; John 7:37-39, 10:37, 14:12; Acts 2:4, 33-39.The problem with creeds is not what they say, it's what they don't say. Having all the words without the Spirit of God is, to use bible phrases, white-washed sepulchres full of dead men's bones, a finely-dressed ***** and sheep's clothing over a wolf.Does anyone agree?
From a personal standpoint, I do believe in a particular creed. However, I don't believe that I'm automatically saved because I believe in tht creed. But it would be great if it were that easy!!

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Amen Unorthodox Christian! I would like to point out that since all creeds were made in ecumenical format, they should be rejected on that basis alone for there is no accord with the RCC.The only accord is the faith in Jesus Christ for all believers. Anything else is a distraction.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
TallMan,Have you ever considered that what you are sharing is labouring in unbelief as you seek after a sign like an adulterous generation would do?When are you going to rest in Jesus in His promises to us? Ephesians 1: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.Do you believe that you have received the Spirit as promised for all those that come to Jesus or not?Galatians 3: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.Hebrews 11: 1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.... 6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. So how can you preach something else in His name when the promise is given about how and when we shall receive the Spirit? Here you are giving invitations out to the Spirit in order to get this other tongues... which has no interpretations. No other gift. Just that. Amazing how the rudiment of the world when they go after other spirits speaks in that same kind of tongues with no interpretations.. and recordings have been taken by linguists to declare as proof that they are the same. You really think God would be a hypocrite by giving tongues that is found in the world as gibberish when he tells us to be seperate from the world? How can fromer Hinduists and voodooists be a witness that they no longer patctise those things if they have christian lables on it? They can't. And they would even be more suspicious when they are seen as promoting another spirit to receive as if they do not have the Holy Spirit yet or they leak Him out as if they can lose Him altogether. That is not so.Mattthew 9: 17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.So when are you going to heed His sayings and actually do the things He says.. like resting in Him?Matthew 11: 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.AND when are you going to stop hungering for more of God to declare the promise for coming to Jesus?John 6: 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.So what about His words there?What is the good fight? Forbid not to speak in tongues when you have been exhorted by Paul to seek prophesying over tongues, and yet here you are exhorting tongues and it comes with no interpretation.. no less.The good fight is keeping the faith in Jesus Christ. When are your words and practises going to reflect that faith in Him?