Believing into the New Creation...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing into the New Creation..

We as Christian’s are told we are to live by faith.. Faith in God and faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross, to the perfecting of our salvation..

We are also told to;

“to work out our own salvation”

What is this working out, that we are told that is our own responsibility?

It is being put in practical and actual possession of those things that Christ secured for us by His death....Which things are put forth as the Fruit of the Spirit....Meaning that the life that is joined to Christ should be manifesting these outward works for all to see...The works of patience, the works of kindness, the works of self control, the works of love, (which does no wrong to their neighbor).. And the manifestation of all good and proper behavior which includes the manifestation of peace and joy, kindness and goodness. The manifestation of all these outward works.

Since this is put forth in scripture as what should be in the life of a believer, the question can be asked, how?

Since the directive we read is, the just shall live by faith....And we are also told, that, the old things have passed away and all things have become new.... It is this, the all things have become new, that our faith is to grab onto.... This new birth, this new creation that we are told that we are by virtue of being joined to Christ...It is the believing into this new creation that we are told we are in Christ, that is the working out of the salvation we have in Christ..

All the old things have passed away says scripture... Now by faith we are to grab onto this new creation we are in Christ Jesus... And this grabbing unto this new creation by faith will bring it to manifestation in our lives.... By faith you are that which your heart grabs onto...For all things come from God through faith..That includes all wisdom, all growth, all knowledge and all good things towards righteousness, whatever they might be... All come through the faith of the heart turned towards God...As scripture says, be it unto you according to your faith... This believing into the new creation is, in other words, this reckoning ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God, just using different words to put forth this same truth... This, not I but Christ truth...

For when we were born again a new life was birthed in us.. And faith is the food of this new life... This Divine nature that was birthed in us needs to grow and be given full reign in our lives...This we have to want, this we have to desire above all things... We are told in scripture that they all deserted Paul and did not follow him any more... This does not mean that they lost there salvation and were no longer saved..It means that they chose to be content where they were, content where they were in God. That is why Paul asks that this not be held against them...To continue in this work... This is the working out of our salvation, this going to this work, to have this work done in our lives.. And this work will cost us everything, everything of self, everything of own will... For righteousness being manifested in our lives is that thing alone that can and does please God, and righteous behavior is the only thing He can bless... And the choice is always ours, we can choose to go with Paul to the work or we can choose to turn aside...In other words, we can choose to remain a babe in Christ, a toddler in Christ, a young man in Christ, saved but not yet full grown..

For Christ has been given to mankind, we may have as much or as little of Him as our hearts would have... We may believe into the new creation and thereby will the Divine nature grow and manifest itself in our lives or we may be satisfied with our life and not choose to give it up...Both options are open to the believer, both will present themselves before Him..

As Scripture says, that we might receive an abundant welcome, meaning that there will be some that are welcome, just not abundantly.. And again it says, that there will be those that will get a full reward, meaning that there are some that will get a reward, just not a full one, or again, with different words, but the same truth, some a greater glory, some a lesser glory..

We get to choose. Hopefully we will choose a full reward and a going to the work, to the believing into the new creation, whereby Christ can be formed in our lives so He can be read in our lives by all man...For by grace are we saved through faith and that not of ourselves it is a gift of God...

To the using of this gift fully, to the forming of the new man in Christ Jesus in us.

For when Jesus died, we died. To the degree one sees and appropriates this death to themselves, to that degree can and will they be set free from their fallen nature’s to walk in the freedom that is their’s in Christ Jesus.. For the growth and manifestation of the new birth in us is our Christ in us our Hope of Glory...

Be blessed all, a fellow servant of His, Not me

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is it written that is is our own responsibility ?

Is the Good Shepherd responsible for the sheep, or are the sheep responsible ?

Do sheep listen to the Shepherd, and follow Him, knowing His Voice,
or
do they follow another voice ?

Who do they trust ?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believing into the New Creation..

We as Christian’s are told we are to live by faith.. Faith in God and faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross, to the perfecting of our salvation..

We are also told to;

“to work out our own salvation”

It is being put in practical and actual possession of those things that Christ secured for us by His death....Which things are put forth as the Fruit of the Spirit....Meaning that the life that is joined to Christ should be manifesting these outward works for all to see...The works of patience, the works of kindness, the works of self control, the works of love, (which does no wrong to their neighbor).. And the manifestation of all good and proper behavior which includes the manifestation of peace and joy, kindness and goodness. The manifestation of all these outward works.
Top of my head, I disagree NM. I've always understood that passage, not to mean to take hold of the fruits of one's salvation, but make sure that your are convinced of your salvation. Work out it's meaning, and the parameters, and ensure that you have followed accordingly. Since one's faith is a subjective thing, each one resolves it in their own mind, in various ways. I think, to a certain degree, many are valid. That is, there are doctrinal issues that will not disqualify one's redemption, and those that do. Thus, work-out with full conviction, the path to salvation. To me, the gifts of the Spirit are not contingent upon salvific faith, or is even one's behaviour, necessarily. Just make sure that your convictions, and required actions, if any, are in accord with God's plan for Atonement.
For Faith over Works, is a very intangible and subjective principle, impossible to quantify in the same way that the Law can be regulated and monitored (regimented duties and actions). Thus, it requires a great deal of wisdom and understanding, in order to work out your own standing and comportment.
That's my take, anyhow.

Last edited:

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is it written that is is our own responsibility ?

Is the Good Shepherd responsible for the sheep, or are the sheep responsible ?

Do sheep listen to the Shepherd, and follow Him, knowing His Voice,
or
do they follow another voice ?

Who do they trust ?

The statement itself is the directive to work out our own salvation, for to work out our own means, that it is our responsibility to work it out....

But working out our own salvation is another way of saying; since our salvation consists of Christ living His life in and through us by faith, this working out is the heart constantly being in a state of faith towards God..

Be blessed as as scripture says we work out our salvation..

A fellow laborer in Christ, Not me

Top of my head, I disagree NM. I've always understood that passage, not to mean to take hold of the fruits of one's salvation, but make sure that your are convinced of your salvation. Work out it's meaning, and the parameters, and ensure that you have followed accordingly. Since one's faith is a subjective thing, each one resolves it in their own mind, in various ways. I think, to a certain degree, many are valid. That is, there are doctrinal issues that will not disqualify one's redemption, and those that do. Thus, work-out with full conviction, the path to salvation. To me, the gifts of the Spirit are not contingent upon salvific faith, or is even one's behaviour, necessarily. Just make sure that your convictions, and required actions, if any, are in accord with God's plan for Atonement.
For Faith over Works, is a very intangible and subjective principle, impossible to quantify the way that the Law can be regulated (regimented duties and actions). Thus, it requires a great deal of wisdom and understanding, in order to work out your own standing and comportment.
That's my take, anyhow.

That’s fine, I see you are pressing into Christ the best you know and in that can and will God bless and grow Himself in you...For the growing of Christ in one is that one working out his salvation..But if I might add a thought;

The works spoken of in James are the same as the fruit spoken of else where... It is the same truth being put forth, just using different words to express the manifestation of Christ living His life through a individual..For patience to be seen it must be expressed through the body outwardly, same with gentleness, kindness and all good things they must be expressed outwardly through the body for them to be a benefit to others which makes them a manifestation of works..That why James said he proves his Christianity by what you see coming out of him...

But as with all, Christianity is having a personal relationship with Christ and this relationship with Christ will guide and teach one all they need and wants to know as long as they continue to want to grow in Christ..

Be blessed in your relationship with Him, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: onlyme17

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The statement itself is the directive to work out our own salvation, for to work out our own means, that it is our responsibility to work it out....

But working out our own salvation is another way of saying; since our salvation consists of Christ living His life in and through us by faith, this working out is the heart constantly being in a state of faith towards God..

Be blessed as as scripture says we work out our salvation..

A fellow laborer in Christ, Not me

That’s fine, I see you are pressing into Christ the best you know and in that can and will God bless and grow Himself in you...For the growing of Christ in one is that one working out his salvation..But if I might add a thought;

The works spoken of in James are the same as the fruit spoken of else where... It is the same truth being put forth, just using different words to express the manifestation of Christ living His life through a individual..For patience to be seen it must be expressed through the body outwardly, same with gentleness, kindness and all good things they must be expressed outwardly through the body for them to be a benefit to others which makes them a manifestation of works..That why James said he proves his Christianity by what you see coming out of him...

But as with all, Christianity is having a personal relationship with Christ and this relationship with Christ will guide and teach one all they need and wants to know as long as they continue to want to grow in Christ..

Be blessed in your relationship with Him, Not me
Yes, I agree, the proof is in the pudding. And I believe that you are correct in a sense, but your views sounded more like the testimony, rather than the fact. I was saying, let others call you what they like, as long as you are convinced of your standing with God and salvation. Many were deemed heretics for example, and the self-righteous and Law-keepers were disdained (as you know).
Just a quick example, to explain what I believe to be the nuance between our positions. But, of course, you're speaking more about joy and confidence rather than works, which is very true, ...whereas I might say wisdom and articulation might be a bit more convincing.
Thanks!

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree, the proof is in the pudding. And I believe that you are correct in a sense, but your views sounded more like the testimony, rather than the fact. I was saying, let others call you what they like, as long as you are convinced of your standing with God and salvation. Many were deemed heretics for example, and the self-righteous and Law-keepers were disdained (as you know).
Just a quick example, to explain what I believe to be the nuance between our positions. But, of course, you're speaking more about joy and confidence rather than works, which is very true, ...whereas I might say wisdom and articulation might be a bit more convincing.
Thanks!

That today we might know Him a little more than yesterday and tomorrow more still...

As we grow in Him, a brother in the faith, Not me :)

Reactions: DNB

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice you added a bit, dangerously.
You I think quoted Scripture right, but here added "to work out our own means"...

For a human example, if you are enlisted in the army, do you work out how you will get to the battle, do you make your own weapons, do you supply food yourself , or uniforms ? No, obviously no.

God provides generously the seed, all the needs, all the provisions , and the time and the energy and the means to go get them if needed, everything is supplied by Him, to accomplish doing His Will, His Word, His Way.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice you added a bit, dangerously.
You I think quoted Scripture right, but here added "to work out our own means"...

For a human example, if you are enlisted in the army, do you work out how you will get to the battle, do you make your own weapons, do you supply food yourself , or uniforms ? No, obviously no.

God provides generously the seed, all the needs, all the provisions , and the time and the energy and the means to go get them if needed, everything is supplied by Him, to accomplish doing His Will, His Word, His Way.

I’m sorry that was a typo. I put the quotation mark in the wrong place. It should have read;

“to work out our own” means etc..

So be blessed as you work out your own with those things provided to you by God..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Reactions: Joseph77