Bell’s palsy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have facial paralysis from something called Bell’s palsy. Came on just the other day. This feels like a spiritual attack as I just had some fantastic opportunities pop up where I need my faculties to operate properly. Please pray this away. It can be permanent if there is damage to my facial nerves. Thank you in advance.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have facial paralysis from something called Bell’s palsy. Came on just the other day. This feels like a spiritual attack as I just had some fantastic opportunities pop up where I need my faculties to operate properly. Please pray this away. It can be permanent if there is damage to my facial nerves. Thank you in advance.
Praying for you!

Reactions: dev553344

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok... Have you seen a doctor? I would think so since you gave a diagnosis.

My wife got bells palsy after her first shot for Covid. It was Moderna. She went to the doctor and got a little treatment and was given a prescription. Problem solved. It lasted a couple of days or maybe 3, and gradually went away. It did not return when she got her second shot.

The doctor told her it could've been permanent if left untreated. So, if you haven't done so already...

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying it will fade brother.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok... Have you seen a doctor? I would think so since you gave a diagnosis.

My wife got bells palsy after her first shot for Covid. It was Moderna. She went to the doctor and got a little treatment and was given a prescription. Problem solved. It lasted a couple of days or maybe 3, and gradually went away. It did not return when she got her second shot.

The doctor told her it could've been permanent if left untreated. So, if you haven't done so already...

Yes they have me on prednisone. I’ve been on it since Friday when I went to urgent care.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally forgot to update this. After your prayers it cleared up in two weeks. The doctor was surprised how fast that happened as she said if there is no damage to your nerve and everything goes well it may go away in two months. Praise God!
Give God the glory!

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw this thread just now. Take it from a Bell's Palsy pro I had it twice in my life, the first time as complications of shingles (aka chicken pox when kids have it) when I was only 15 years old. Ten years ago I got it again (then age 52) and said to myself my old friend from 30-some years ago is back! That time I had no other illness, just a paralyzed face. Bell's Palsy usually always clears up on it's own, you don't even need a doctor as there is nothing they can do except you have complications. I'd say that the first time I cleared up almost 100% and probably 95% this time. I suppose it can degrade if you get it often enough. I notice my eye is slightly more closed and the smile on that side slightly less although some people have more dissymmetry just by nature without the palsy. Glad you healed up well! But I'll wager you grew an appreciation of simple stuff in life we take for granted.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just saw this also, glad to hear you're doing better @Mantis . Doesn't sound fun.