Benny Hinn Renounces Prosperity Gospel !!!! I Hope TBN follows SUIT!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

I have only seen him on christian tv , but I couldn't watch much of it - just didn't sit right with me.
So did he believe in prosperity christianity when you knew him, before he became famous.
Rita

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have only seen him on christian tv , but I couldn't watch much of it - just didn't sit right with me.
So did he believe in prosperity christianity when you knew him, before he became famous.
Rita
I never really paid too much attention to his beliefs, so I can't say.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Butterfly I went to Toronto in the early 90's to attend one of his huge gatherings and even though I was new to anything NOT Catholic, I felt there was something off with his teachings. Sure do hope he sees the light!

Reactions: Helen and Willie T
B

Butterfly

I just found his gatherings were about ' him ' being glorified- that's what came across. It was all about ' his power ' being on display. The audience were just being whipped up into an emotional frenzie.
So did you stay at the gathering for the whole event Nancy ?
Rita

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just found his gatherings were about ' him ' being glorified- that's what came across. It was all about ' his power ' being on display. The audience were just being whipped up into an emotional frenzie.
So did you stay active gathering for the whole event Nancy ?
Rita

Well, since we drove all the way there (I had a terrible headache that night) yes, I stayed. My two other friends were loving it and, i just felt unfulfilled. He was up there "slaying" people in the Spirit by blowing on them, or just shaking his jacket at them and, over they would go! It was out of control IMO.

Reactions: Giuliano
B

Butterfly

Well, since we drove all the way there (I had a terrible headache that night) yes, I stayed. My two other friends were loving it and, i just felt unfulfilled. He was up there "slaying" people in the Spirit by blowing on them, or just shaking his jacket at them and, over they would go! It was out of control IMO.
Yes I remember watching that happen when I watched the programs
It was like a stage show.
I guess people get drawn in, like your friends, and some discern all is not well, like you.
Rita

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Butterfly The way all of those people were acting made me feel unsaved as, I could not get all worked up by the sensationalism! Like, how can all of these people (thousands) be cheering all of this and me not "getting it". Well, I never again watched him on tv.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I remember watching that happen when I watched the programs
It was like a stage show.
I guess people get drawn in, like your friends, and some discern all is not well, like you.
Rita

Mob mentality...?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Wow! I knew him here in Florida way back when he acted sane..... maybe there is still a chance.
it is more likely that the winds of public opinion had just turned against him, and surely it is strictly on to the next deception as far as he's concerned; whatever it takes to get back in the publix eye, get back in fromt of the crowd, like any polit imo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is more likely that the winds of public opinion had just turned against him, and surely it is strictly on to the next deception as far as he's concerned; whatever it takes to get back in the publix eye, get back in fromt of the crowd, like any polit imo
His nephew's book may have embarrassed him, too. Odd, isn't it, for someone who allegedly hears from God, how long it took for "God" to get through to Hinn about the prosperity gospel.

His "girlfriend" Paula White is still touting the prosperity gospel. So what were she and Hinn doing in that hotel room? Nothing? You never know about some people. Did Hinn sexually assault that man in Africa? You never know -- but White was telling her followers this year that the way to celebrate Yom Kippur was to send her money.

Paula White Ministries | Atonement

There is an opportunity God gives us to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. He set aside specific times He calls “Holy” and our honoring Him because of His mercy and observing these specific times He has appointed releases blessing because of our obedience. If you have been pursuing God and asking for a supernatural change in your life, I have good news for you! GOD IS READY TO RELEASE SEVEN SPECIFIC ATONEMENT BLESSINGS AS FOUND IN JOEL CHAPTER 2, AND HE IS CALLING YOU to His third and final feast and opportunity to honor Him this year: the Day of Atonement- October 9th!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was up there "slaying" people in the Spirit by blowing on them, or just shaking his jacket at them and, over they would go! It was out of control IMO.
Since that kind of nonsense cannot be attributed to the Holy Spirit, there must have been another spirit or spirits at work. It is both sad and infuriating to see how the Gospel is abused while millions watch these imposters.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since that kind of nonsense cannot be attributed to the Holy Spirit, there must have been another spirit or spirits at work. It is both sad and infuriating to see how the Gospel is abused while millions watch these imposters.

Agreed 100% Enoch! It is NOT the Spirit of God who moves these people.

Reactions: Dan57

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, I guess I do not have to quit my CEO job after sleeping my way to the top - because I am totally against that now.

bet you didn’t know that about me huh, Nancy.....lol

Ahaha, oh Ron, that is something I would NEVER believe about you! You are too kind of a man to have ever done anything like that....at least from what I do know of you my brother!

Reactions: Helen and aspen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only went to one of his huge meetings. What you don't see on TV is the hour long praise and worship that happens before. He was much humbler than people give him credit for. If he makes a mistake doctrinally, he isn't to proud to admit it.

Reactions: Willie T