Best Teachers On Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I get started … what I am asking in concept is nothing less than a straight forward question with a straight forward response. I'm not looking for the opinions that have followed this inquiry on another Christian forum. Not trying to be rude - I'm trying to get an understanding of various view points. I'm very well aware that people will have different opinions - that is acceptable and expected. What I'm not looking for is the response "Just read the Bible and the Holly Spirit will guide you".

So my question to you - as an individual - is who are some of the best teachers on the end time prophecies. Who do you think does a good job of explaining their view points.

Oh by the way - I'm very well aware to avoid those folks who give you time and day of Christ's return.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... who are some of the best teachers on the end time prophecies. Who do you think does a good job of explaining their view points.

Walvoord wrote what I believe is the very best book titled, "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation", -- but don't believe a WORD he says. He's COMPLETELY WRONG.

So what makes it the BEST book on Daniel? Well for one, you must appreciate that in 12:4 & 12:9, the angel demands that the prophecies are "shut up and sealed until the time of the end", -- which is approximate to 1948. So that makes ALL the Commentators (including Walvoord) LIARS, because they assign ancient fulfillments.

Secondly, Walvoord's book is the BEST because he cites the BEST Scholars. Of course he ignores their discoveries (per Montgomery, Young, Keil, & Kliefoth, -- and of course completely disregards Newton), -- but he presents their observations.

So this really isn't about Walvoord at all, but rather gleaning what the Scholars perceive in the LITERAL Masoretic Text.

A second candidate is the concept proposed by J.R. Church in his book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms" which is a TERRIBLE BOOK, with an ASTOUNDING concept, -- that this 19th Book of the Bible is Prophetic for the 1900's (and into the 2000's), Chapter for year, such that Book 19, Chapter 48 = the 1948 International recognition of the State of Israel; etc.

But most people are content with the commentator LIES, so please feel free to join the majority of the LIED, and LIARS.
Bobby Jo

And PS:
Again, the LIARS tell us that because we can't know the "day or the hour", that we can't know the: Week; Month; Season; Year (1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); or Millennia (1,000). This is COMPLETELY FALSE. Scripture gives us the YEAR, and the Feasts give us the WEEK. So once again, please go back to your "church fellowship" and don't believe the Scriptures:

1 Thess 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It was not the intention of God, to give His prophets a clear, instantly understandable message. To have done that would have revealed His plans to all and sundry.

We can’t yet fully ascertain God’s ultimate design for His creation, although it is clear that he does want those who believe in Him and trust to His salvation, to be aware of coming events. We are told to trust Him and hold fast to our faith, but to do that in the midst of sudden and shocking events, without some idea of the outcome of such events, and then it will be so much more difficult for us.

Therefore, because God HAS given us the information we need to know about the future, then it is a serious error to ignore it, to fail to gain some understanding or to think that a rapture removal to heaven will take us away from it all.

It must be obvious, to anyone who reads the news, that the current world situation is nearing unsustainability, in terms of resources and population. But the flash point and the focus of God’s plan, is the Middle East. God has not, in the past 72 years, allowed Israel to be conquered and He will not allow that to happen now. Ezekiel 7:14, Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12
Although there will be judgement upon the Jewish people as well, a remnant will eventually be forgiven and restored. Ezekiel 16:59-63, Romans 9:27

Many prophecies tell of God’s fire judgement; this has not happened as yet, His first judgement was by a flood. This coming Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, is described as a terrible day of fire and earthquakes. It will be a Day when the heavens blaze; 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, burning like a furnace; Malachi 4:1, raining fiery coals; Psalms 11:4-6, fire like a whirlwind, many will be killed; Isaiah 66:15-17, suddenly, in an instant....flames of devouring fire; Isaiah 29:5-6.

But the verse that tells us exactly what God will use on that Day is Isaiah 30:26a The moon will shine as bright as the sun and the sun will shine with 7 times its normal power.
This accurately describes a solar flare, something that does happen on a regular basis, usually harmlessly. In the past there have been larger Coronal Mass Ejections, explosions of the suns surface, but scientists warn of the possibility/probability of a massive CME, that in our modern age of communications, transport and conveniences, would have a devastating effect.

Now, note the second half of Isaiah 30:26b... on that Day, the Lord will bind up the broken limbs of His people and heal their wounds.

This is a wonderful promise to His people, those who love the Lord and follow in His laws, every faithful Christian. Many, many prophecies tell how His people will be conveyed and gathered into the Land of Greater Israel after this Day of judgement. This day and the gathering are quite different from that described at the Return of Jesus - years later.

Isaiah 52:6-12 On that Day, My people will know My Name.....go out leave Babylon, keep yourselves pure, the Lord will guard and guide you.

Ezekiel 28:25-26 When I execute judgement on all of Israel’s scornful neighbours, then My people: all the true believers, gathered from the nations, will live in peace in the Land, I shall show My holiness in them for everyone to see. [Before Jesus Returns]

Ezekiel 20:41-42 I shall accept you....after I have brought you out from the peoples where you have been dispersed, into the Land promised to your forefathers. Ref: REB. (verses abridged)
Ref: logostelos.info

Reactions: Nancy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before I get started … what I am asking in concept is nothing less than a straight forward question with a straight forward response. I'm not looking for the opinions that have followed this inquiry on another Christian forum. Not trying to be rude - I'm trying to get an understanding of various view points. I'm very well aware that people will have different opinions - that is acceptable and expected. What I'm not looking for is the response "Just read the Bible and the Holly Spirit will guide you".

So my question to you - as an individual - is who are some of the best teachers on the end time prophecies. Who do you think does a good job of explaining their view points.

Oh by the way - I've very well aware to avoid those folks who give you time and day of Christ's return.

Thanks for your input.
I haven't been up an prophecy for some time, but back in the day there was Hal Lindsay & Jeffrey Grant. Hal Lindsay wrote a best seller 'The Late Great Planet Earth' on Biblical eschatology. But honestly, he may have been wrong about his 10 nations being the EU? In Christian prophetical thought today, Islam is considered to be the major threat to Christianity.
Sorry, that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.
And, I agree, anyone who claims to know the day, month, year or decade of Christ's return, probably reads their horoscope every day also....

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh by the way - I've very well aware to avoid those folks who give you time and day of Christ's return.

Thanks for your input.

After looking at all of them, I can say that there is no "best" or "worst". There is the saying that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. In other words, to consider someone your teacher, is to assume that they are the foremost authority on the subject. They all have something valuable to say, but half the time they are wrong, and a even a bad clock is right once or twice a day. Just read absolutely everything and believe absolutely nothing they say unless you can prove it in your own right using deductive reasoning. If any of these people claim to be prophets, it just gives you more reason to treat them with even more scrutiny, put their feet to the fire. When it comes down to it, the best teacher to have is yourself. That's probably not what you want to hear, but its the truth.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't been up an prophecy for some time, but back in the day there was Hal Lindsay & Jeffrey Grant. Hal Lindsay wrote a best seller 'The Late Great Planet Earth' on Biblical eschatology. But honestly, he may have been wrong about his 10 nations being the EU? In Christian prophetical thought today, Islam is considered to be the major threat to Christianity.
Sorry, that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.
And, I agree, anyone who claims to know the day, month, year or decade of Christ's return, probably reads their horoscope every day also....

default_hmm.gif
There are only two things the ten horns could possibly be as I understand it, they are either ten nations or ten unions. Hal Lindsay clearly assumed the ten horns to be nations. This obviously can't be the case because John later states that the water the beast rises out of in his vision is symbolic of:

(Revelation 17:15) peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."

So if the water John saw are the nations and multiples of people, then the ten horns cannot also be symbolic of nations, can't have it both ways. John says that the ten horns are ten kings that haven't been given an actual kingdom yet. They rule with the beast for a short time. Since this is still one kingdom under the rule of the beast from the pit, this means the ten horns are highly likely symbolic of ten regions of this kingdom, that these kings are given dominion over. In other words, the ten horns are likely ten economic trade blocs, like the European union that the "nations, multitudes and tongues" will be carved up into. This is the only way this makes sense to me in light of the interpretation given of the waters being the nations themselves. The rise of multi national unions is exactly the thing we should be looking forward to as I view it.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Thanks for your input.
The best teachers on end time events whom I have heard are John MacArthur and Dave Hunt. They teach what the Bible actually says about it, rather than adapt the Scriptures to suit their own theological views. What I am saying is that their theology comes from the pages of the Scripture itself through appropriate exegesis, and not adaption which is eisegesis.

After reading some of the posts, I see that there are some here who put themselves forward as end time teachers who mainly use randomly connected verses to support their opinion. I am not going to try and emulate them, because that is not what the OP asked for.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
default_hmm.gif
There are only two things the ten horns could possibly be as I understand it, they are either ten nations or ten unions. Hal Lindsay clearly assumed the ten horns to be nations. This obviously can't be the case because John later states that the water the beast rises out of in his vision is symbolic of:

So if the water John saw are the nations and multiples of people, then the ten horns cannot also be symbolic of nations, can't have it both ways. John says that the ten horns are ten kings that haven't been given an actual kingdom yet. They rule with the beast for a short time. Since this is still one kingdom under the rule of the beast from the pit, this means the ten horns are highly likely symbolic of ten regions of this kingdom, that these kings are given dominion over. In other words, the ten horns are likely ten economic trade blocs, like the European union that the "nations, multitudes and tongues" will be carved up into. This is the only way this makes sense to me in light of the interpretation given of the waters being the nations themselves. The rise of multi national unions is exactly the thing we should be looking forward to as I view it.
Interesting. Thanks DCM, I'd have to review my eschatology to be able to offer a response, but i can appreciate the rationale behind what you understanding is. Hopefully I'll get to re-address the Book of Revelation soon...
Thanks again!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best teachers on end time events whom I have heard are John MacArthur and Dave Hunt. They teach what the Bible actually says about it, rather than adapt the Scriptures to suit their own theological views. What I am saying is that their theology comes from the pages of the Scripture itself through appropriate exegesis, and not adaption which is eisegesis.

Virtually ALL start with Scripture, then turn to the commentators, and then espouse the commentator views. VERY FEW research the Scholars, -- and regarding prophecy, the Scholars disagree with the commentators.

Walvoord, of Dallas Theological Seminary is a perfect example. He wrote a book titled, "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation", where he cited the Best Scholars. But he COMPLETELY IGNORE THEM, and repeated the lies of the commentators.

I can give PLENTY of examples of where the "church" defies Scripture, possibly starting where the Daniel 9:25 "seven" and "sixty-two" are combined to achieve a CONTRIVED "sixty-nine". Newton observed that there is NO PRECEDENT in Scripture or ANY CULTURE where a ~ pair of shoes cost seven and sixty-two dollars~. It's SIXTY-NINE.

But the "translators" (and I use that term loosely) had a "Jesus agenda" for Daniel 9, but Scripture DOES NOT. It's a LIE.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_hmm.gif

We've known FIVE of the Ten since 1950, and the last FIVE since August of 1993. Perhaps if you solved the Rev. 12 SEVEN DIADEMS versus the Rev. 13 TEN DIADEMS, you'd start with the Book of Daniel.

But why start at the beginning, when you can jump past all the foundational concepts and leap directly to what you imagine.
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Virtually ALL start with Scripture, then turn to the commentators, and then espouse the commentator views. VERY FEW research the Scholars, -- and regarding prophecy, the Scholars disagree with the commentators.

Walvoord, of Dallas Theological Seminary is a perfect example. He wrote a book titled, "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation", where he cited the Best Scholars. But he COMPLETELY IGNORE THEM, and repeated the lies of the commentators.

I can give PLENTY of examples of where the "church" defies Scripture, possibly starting where the Daniel 9:25 "seven" and "sixty-two" are combined to achieve a CONTRIVED "sixty-nine". Newton observed that there is NO PRECEDENT in Scripture or ANY CULTURE where a ~ pair of shoes cost seven and sixty-two dollars~. It's SIXTY-NINE.

But the "translators" (and I use that term loosely) had a "Jesus agenda" for Daniel 9, but Scripture DOES NOT. It's a LIE.

Bobby Jo
It is always best to read and view a range of commentators, because every one of them has their strengths and weaknesses. You won't get perfect teaching from any individual commentator, because, like all of us, we have our religious and theological bias.

The good Bible teachers do make a comprehensive study of the Scriptures and compared and synthesise all the relevant passages that relate to the topic being commented on. The not so good ones, take selected passages that fit their particular theological bias and ignore others which don't fit.

But in the end you have to make up your own mind about it all. There is the option of doing your own barking, and finding a reliable "dog" to do your barking for you. The first way may be the arduous process of reinventing the wheel, and the second may be relying on a commentator who might lead you astray. It is really up to you to prayerfully make that decision.

When we all stand before God in the judgment one day, we won't be able to blame the commentators if we have got things wrong. We will be standing before Him alone to make our own account for the choices we make.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've known FIVE of the Ten since 1950, and the last FIVE since August of 1993. Perhaps if you solved the Rev. 12 SEVEN DIADEMS versus the Rev. 13 TEN DIADEMS, you'd start with the Book of Daniel.

But why start at the beginning, when you can jump past all the foundational concepts and leap directly to what you imagine.
Bobby Jo

default_hmm.gif
I believe you are referring to the 7 heads of the beast that John describes a few verses earlier as seven kings. Its not about the ten horns, different group altogether. At his time, five were already fallen, one already ruled, and the seventh is the "beast", the "little horn" spoken of by Daniel. In other words, these six kings ruled way before we were even thought of. The seventh head, same head that receives a mortal head wound and lives, is the one that rules the last days kingdom, with his "ten horns". This is what John was actually describing. You are free to believe in your own personal interpretations of course. Time always tells the truth, so we will know for sure eventually

What is 'disinformation', did you mean misinformation?

He is so full of himself that he can't even get his wording straight.
default_hehe.gif

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are referring to the 7 heads of the beast ...

I have no idea what you're talking about. -- In Rev. 12 there are SEVEN DIADEMS, and in Rev. 13 there are TEN DIADEMS.

So solve that "riddle".
Bobby Jo

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you're talking about. -- In Rev. 12 there are SEVEN DIADEMS, and in Rev. 13 there are TEN DIADEMS.

So solve that "riddle".
Bobby Jo

Well, no actually, Rev 12 does in fact speak of the dragon having seven heads and ten horns, so there is no "riddle" to be solved here to begin with. Satan, the dragon gives his power and authority, his dominion over the nations over to the "beast", and it becomes the beast with seven heads and ten horns because of it. Its not that hard to understand.

(Revelation 12:3) "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads."

:rolleyes:...............

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, no actually, Rev 12 does in fact speak of the dragon having seven heads and ten horns, so there is no "riddle" to be solved ...

You are deceptive/dishonest:

Rev. 12:3 ... a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems upon his heads
Rev. 13:1 ... I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems upon its horns

I can understand that many that profess "christianity" prefer their "church", the "doctrines", and their "?LIES?" over the TRUTH of Scripture. It's the distinction between the "goats" and the "sheep", and/or the "religious" and the "saints".
Bobby Jo

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are deceptive/dishonest:

Rev. 12:3 ... a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems upon his heads
Rev. 13:1 ... I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems upon its horns

I can understand that many that profess "christianity" prefer their "church", the "doctrines", and their "?LIES?" over the TRUTH of Scripture. It's the distinction between the "goats" and the "sheep", and/or the "religious" and the "saints".
Bobby Jo

(Revelation 12:3) "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads."

In other words, John describes a Dragon with seven heads and ten horns. Upon those seven heads are seven crowns. The horns are neither translated as "crowns", or "diadems", nor does John describe them as such. He describes the horns as kings, not crowns.

(Revelation 17:12) "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast."

:rolleyes:........Get over yourself, and take that haughtiness somewhere else.

Reactions: Taken

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... The horns are neither translated as "crowns", or "diadems", ...

Yeah, when people are dishonest, they often try to detract from the subject, -- so it's not a surprise. It would only be a surprise if you were honest.
Bobby Jo

To All,
If one "IGNORED" all the deceptive people in this Forum, easily HALF would be blocked. But what we see in the world, we see in the "church".

Matt. 13:24 ... “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.
30 ... at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.’”

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, when people are dishonest, they often try to detract from the subject, -- so it's not a surprise. It would only be a surprise if you were honest.
Bobby Jo

To All,
If one "IGNORED" all the deceptive people in this Forum, easily HALF would be blocked. But what we see in the world, we see in the "church".
Bobby Jo

:rolleyes:.......So in other words, you have nothing valuable to add to the discussion but to resort to ad hominem's, assassinating someones character with accusations of being "deceptive", very predictable. If you want to block me, then block me, doesn't make a lick of difference to me.
default_rolleyes.gif

Reactions: Taken