BETHEL CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know anything about the Bethel evangelical church?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember hearing some negative stuff about them.. I found this:

9 Things You Should Know About the Bethel Church Movement

There are probably you tube videos. I would dbl check anything I read/heard.
Thanks @Cassandra , I saw that earlier. I'm wondering if the Bethel church in my town is linked to that one. The reason is because I have been invited to one of their meetings and I'm trying to find out more about them. That link you posted is quite disturbing specially that they use a different bible which i subsequently found out is not a true translation but rather a re-working done by just one man.

Reactions: Cassandra

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s a whole bunch of churches under the name “Bethel”. In fact, I used to park next to three different Bethel churches, each about 80 miles away from each other. And they each had three radically different interpretation of the Gospel.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why don’t you go along and and evaluate after the meeting, that way you will be able to find out personally if they are in line with any of the other Bethnal churches that been mentioned

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i've heard of Bethel worship music but not much about Bethel church

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why don’t you go along and and evaluate after the meeting, that way you will be able to find out personally if they are in line with any of the other Bethnal churches that been mentioned
That's what I've decided.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please be sure and tell us how it goes.
i will. I haven't been to a church meeting since just before the start of lockdown. And before that I hadn't been for a number of years. I can't remember when i first contacted the Bethel church but a couple of days ago the pastor sent an e-mail asking if I was okay and eventually saying he would ask somebody to pick me up. So I said yes. I could go back to my old church but it got to feeling very samey and I felt i was just going through the motions in the end - that's why I stopped going. I thought it might be good to give somewhere new a try so that it isn't all so familiar.

A while ago I missed one Sunday and apologized to an old friend who had preached and he said I had missed nothing as i had heard it all before. I think it was after that that I began to feel I needed a change.

Bethel Evangelical Church - Bolton - Bethel Evangelical Church - Bolton, Greater Manchester (bethelbolton.org)

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Nancy and marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know hardly anything about it but there are negative connotations attached to it in some christian circles in my country. I do love their music also! Wonderful music!
The hymns and songs were no different from anywhere else - and just one young man with a guitar.

Reactions: Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Goodness of God by - Jenn Johnson is awesome along with Raise a Hallelujah by Johnathan and Melissa Helser. Just to name a few...:) Oh your talking about the UK church. IDK...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Goodness of God by - Jenn Johnson is awesome along with Raise a Hallelujah by Johnathan and Melissa Helser. Just to name a few...:) Oh your talking about the UK church. IDK...
Jenn Johnson did one about the wonder of the Lord's name; to a haunting melody.....

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you look at the link I posted to the one I went to yesterday.

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did you lok at the link I posted to the one I went to yesterday.
Oh that looks like a great place to find fellowship. I like that it is international in flavour and that it is small. It means that it is easier to get to know members. I love that it has a diverse range of age groups. What's the preaching like? :)

Reactions: Pearl