Beware of false prophets.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By their fruits you shall know them.

He that is faithful in that which is least shall be faithful also in much; but he that is unjust in that which is least shall be unjust also in that which is greater. Luke 16:10.

This scripture applies to our application of 1 Corinthians 11:1-16.

If any man prays or prophesies with his head covered (i.e. long hair), he dishonoureth his head (Christ).

Such a person is unfaithful in that which is least, and cannot be truly trusted with greater things.

Even if such a person were to perform miracles, signs, and wonders, they are not to be trusted, see Matthew 24:24.

The Lord would say that He is giving this person time to repent and to show that this is done merely out of ignorance of what the scriptures teach on the issue (of a man praying or prophesying, having long hair).

But if repentance does not occur in this person's life, the Lord will bring swift judgment on this person the moment it becomes clear that it is done in a heart of rebellion; if that be the case.

The Lord is the One who searches the hearts and reins.

In the latter days false Christs and false prophets shall arise and shall shew forth great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, the very elect.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the latter days false Christs and false prophets shall arise and shall shew forth great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, the very elect.
This tells us once again that signs and wonders are not necessarily from God. Unless Gospel truth and Bible truth is presented, there is no need to give heed to false prophets. Which means every Christian should know that truth, in order to separate the wheat from the chaff.

There a quite a few false teachers and false prophets all over the world today.

false-teachers-exposed-word-of-faith-prosperity-gospel.jpg

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By their fruits you shall know them.
Yes, that fruit,
Deuteronomy 18:20 "But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die." 21 "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?" 22 "When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

but one thing to keep in mind, we have a responsibility, study to show thyself approved before God, why? Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

see, God will send a stronge delusion, and if one don't know, or can desern.......... this why its so important to let the Holy Spirit Guide and Teach us. yes, ask questions, seek and ye shall find, Knock and the door will be open. and you're doing the right thing, by placing this topic. for ye have not because ye ask not.

PICJAG.