Beyond Scared

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Has the Lord, through the Holy Spirit, ever prompted you to do something beyond your capabilities? I can think of a few situations where that has happened to me. For instance, going up to a complete stranger in the street and telling them what the Lord has shown me about a particular situation that is happening in their life at the moment and offering to pray for them. It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to do that because it's beyond what is considered "normal" for most folks. Sometimes in my insecurities I would beg not to have to do that but then God shows me the possible outcomes and I go and do. I have nothing to lose in these situations accept perhaps losing face but that is nothing compared to the other person who could be taken from this earth without Christ that very day!

Has anyone ever had these kind of experiences" Please share...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina

I can only think of one experience similar to what you describe. And it was difficult to step out in faith and say something. As you say, fear of being wrong and then looked at as an idiot were difficult to overcome. And this was someone I knew, not a stranger.

But I did say what I believe God showed me. Then the circumstances became even more impossible concerning what I said to be true. But God was very gracious and fulfilled the things I told the person.

I will say this, the only reason I could do that was that I was totally convinced in my spirit that God showed this to me and showed it for me to say something. If I hadn't been there is no way I could do it.

Stranger

Reactions: Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Lady, yes it can be quite alarming at times. One time I was helping a friend and her husband move into a new house. Every time I went into their bathroom the hairs on my body would stand on end and I would tell them each time that something evil was emanating from there. They were only new believers at the time and they kinda took what I said with a grain of salt.

One day her husband asked me where I could feel that evil presence and I placed my hand on a wall until I felt an essence of that evil radiating into the bathroom. He happened to be renovating in the room on the other side and he showed me what he found when he removed some boards. In the exact spot on the other side of the bathroom was a satanic bible which was strategically placed between the walls.

Well we made a fire in a 44 gallon drum outside and sent that evil thing packing, back to the pit of Hell where it came from... :2ztacrk:

Bless ya!

Reactions: Born_Again

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My friends grandma is in Palliative care and my friend and her husband are at the point where they need to speak to grandma about salvation and eternity. It has been hard for them because she does not believe in Jesus. I have been supporting them in prayer and as a sounding board. This is where the rubber really hits the road for all of us believers. We need to share the gospel message while we have the opportunity particularly nearing the end of life as Grandma is...

It seems to be harder when dealing with someone we know because for some crazy reason, we still think that what they think about us matters....but it really doesn't. We have nothing to lose at this point and for the sake of their eternity, everything to gain by speaking God's truth about Jesus and his amazing love toward all who are willing to believe in him by faith....

Blessings!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Angelina said:
Has the Lord, through the Holy Spirit, ever prompted you to do something beyond your capabilities? I can think of a few situations where that has happened to me. For instance, going up to a complete stranger in the street and telling them what the Lord has shown me about a particular situation that is happening in their life at the moment and offering to pray for them. It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to do that because it's beyond what is considered "normal" for most folks. Sometimes in my insecurities I would beg not to have to do that but then God shows me the possible outcomes and I go and do. I have nothing to lose in these situations accept perhaps losing face but that is nothing compared to the other person who could be taken from this earth without Christ that very day!

No but I find it very hard to pass by a person who is physicaly suffering. Woohoo love it. I would like that next. Healings in the bag. But I would love that what your getting. I would be in there straight away. Soonner you start doing it. The bigger it will get amd more detail. Aw man this is really exciting times. This is going to explode and the poor church will be left behind.

Thank you so much. But you really need to act on this and be a blessing to others. This is going to be more common on the street.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Angelina said:

Yes, but not to share the gospel.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Comments re: proselytizing have been split and a new thread has been created in the "Church Forum". Please try to keep to the O/P as hijacking threads are considered bad form. Thanks :)