Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with the “Bible alone”!

You can easily see why the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” causes so many problems and why we can simply ignor creeds, councils, dogma, and decrees of the holy apostles teaching infallibility with the authority of Christ!

“Bible alone” is false doctrine
Negates the word of God, apostolic councils, creeds, cannons, decrees, dogma, and the teaching authority of the apostles!

The false doctrine of “the Bible Alone” is an attack on Christ and His holy church!
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
To reject the church or church teaching is to reject Christ!

An attack on the holy church and her divine authority!

Even Christ who is the truth itself is excluded!

Scratch these verses that refer to authority other than the “Bible Alone” our of your Bible!

Isa 22:21-22 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 1:32 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 Jn 21:17 Acts 1:17 acts 1:26 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 20:28 eph 2:20 and too many more to mention!

Reactions: Karl Peters

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if the Bible has absolutely zero validity to you, what do you put your faith in?

If you say God/Jesus, how can you stand upon any concept of them without scripture to teach you?

If you are a believer, you truly must have SOME deep level of faith in scripture or your only option is to trust man to teach you how/what God is.

If that is where you stand, you are doomed.

Sadly, that is where the majority of professed Christians who still attend church regularly stand; they trust their Pastor over God's Word. True faith in God's Word is a rare gift these days.

With
it, we can move mountains. Without it, … we don't stand a chance.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born into religion yet lost in sin
Needing a Savior was told would Win
God was calling while life was so fun
His Love so drawing i began to run
Not away to go further astray
But gathering me near i lost all fear
Tears of Joy ran down my face
Now i was in Him and winning the Race
A stumble hear a stumble there
His Love did not falter it remains here
Now i am old longing for Home
Waiting for His Return coming to the Dome
Do not delay Time is running out
Give God the Glory Before the Angels Shout

This is my story - David in NJ

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Born into religion yet lost in sin
Needing a Savior was told would Win
God was calling while life was so fun
His Love so drawing i began to run
Not away to go further astray
But gathering me near i lost all fear
Tears of Joy ran down my face
Now i was in Him and winning the Race
A stumble hear a stumble there
His Love did not falter it remains here
Now i am old longing for Home
Waiting for His Return coming to the Dome
Do not delay Time is running out
Give God the Glory Before the Angels Shout
Did you write this, @David in NJ ? :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So if the Bible has absolutely zero validity to you, what do you put your faith in?

If you say God/Jesus, how can you stand upon any concept of them without scripture to teach you?

If you are a believer, you truly must have SOME deep level of faith in scripture or your only option is to trust man to teach you how/what God is.

Sadly, that is where the majority of professed Christians who still attend church regularly stand; they trust their Pastor over God's Word. True faith in God's Word is a rare gift these days.

With
Luther said he wouldn't waste a word with someone who didn't believe that the Bible is the Word of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible alone!
OP ^ (yet again)

BIBLE ALONE -
IS...Gods "In-spirited" WORD.

BIBLE ALONE -
IS...Expressly FOR: ALL men.

...A mans ears.
...A beginner to HEAR, READ, STUDY
...A follower to HEAR, READ, STUDY
...A converted to HEAR, READ, STUDY

NOTHING whatsoever Begins, Starts, Moves, A man, TOWARD God...
WITHOUT, A man being introduced,
TO; hearing, learning, reading, following, continuing, committing....
TO: Gods WORD ALONE.

And NOTHING whatsoever ... IN A MAN,
Moves, advances, becomes established;
"WITHOUT GODS WORKS".

YES...MANS Hearing GODS WORD
YES...Gods WORKS

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can easily see why the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” causes so many problems and why we can simply ignor creeds, councils, dogma, and decrees of the holy apostles teaching infallibility with the authority of Christ!

Astounding claims...supposedly "ignored"...
What a load of Nonsense

the Apostles teaching
the Authority of Christ
IS IN the BIBLE!!!

There is a reason, man-made creeds, councils, dogma do not necessarily rank high...Depends on the year, which man is deciding, they change.
Not news, men are NOT ALL Knowing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

With

I never said anything about the Bible
It’s the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” that’s the problem

we are to be taught by Christ!

eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This discussion reminds me of John 6:44 versus 14:6. It is so interesting to note (especially with all the 'Jesus is/isn't God' threads coming about, not to mention the Trinity concepts) that Jesus states in 6:44 that nobody can come to Him unless The Father draws them.

Do a brief word study on the word draw and you will find that it is primarily an action that brings something toward the person doing the drawing.

Draw
: to pull or drag, to make something/someone follow.

In other words, you can't really draw somebody/something toward somebody other than yourself. When we draw water from a well, what direction is the water going relative to us? You hear sales phrases about "drawing you in."

Romans 11:29 " … the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."
John 12:32 (Jesus speaking) " And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me."

So if God/The Father is doing the drawing, He is drawing you to HIM. Thus nobody can come to Jesus unless Jesus draws them to Himself.

Now look at John 14:6. "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." Not only does this reinforce that Jesus is God, but it tells us that The Father begins the sanctification process by calling us TO God's Word (Jesus/The Word/The Bible) which we are then inspired to devour, if you will, on a daily basis.

Now, you can also see what that feeding on God's Word does for the believer by looking closely at these verses in sequence. The end result is the quickening (spiritual life-giving) of your soul.

John 6:27, 35, 51, 53, 63, 68

Now, … tell me that the Bible has no significance. ;)

God bless you all.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said anything about the Bible
It’s the false doctrine of the “Bible alone” that’s the problem

we are to be taught by Christ!

eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Jesus Christ is The Word/God's Word.

The Bible is The Word/God's Word.

Daily reading of The Word is spending time with Christ Jesus. Nothing better prepares you for salvation than ingesting God's Word.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This discussion reminds me of John 6:44 versus 14:6. It is so interesting to note (especially with all the 'Jesus is/isn't God' threads coming about, not to mention the Trinity concepts) that Jesus states in 6:44 that nobody can come to Him unless The Father draws them.

Do a brief word study on the word draw and you will find that it is primarily an action that brings something toward the person doing the drawing.

Draw
: to pull or drag, to make something/someone follow.

In other words, you can't really draw somebody/something toward somebody other than yourself. When we draw water from a well, what direction is the water going relative to us? You hear sales phrases about "drawing you in."

Romans 11:29 " … the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."
John 12:32 (Jesus speaking) " And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me."

So if God/The Father is doing the drawing, He is drawing you to HIM. Thus nobody can come to Jesus unless Jesus draws them to Himself.

Now look at John 14:6. "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." Not only does this reinforce that Jesus is God, but it tells us that The Father begins the sanctification process by calling us TO God's Word (Jesus/The Word/The Bible) with which we are then inspired to devour, if you will, on a daily basis.

Now, you can also see what that feeding on God's Word does for the believer by looking closely at these verses in sequence. The end result is the quickening (spiritual life-giving) of your soul.

John 6:27, 35, 51, 53, 63, 68

Now, … tell me that the Bible has no significance. ;)

God bless you all.

excellent
But I never said anything against scripture
Only the heresy of the “Bible alone”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is The Word/God's Word.

The Bible is The Word/God's Word.

Daily reading of The Word is spending time with Christ Jesus. Nothing better prepares you for salvation than ingesting God's Word.

ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ

The word of God is not limited to the Bible Lk 3:2

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To reject the church or church teaching is to reject Christ!

An attack on the holy church and her divine authority!

Even Christ who is the truth itself is excluded!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sounds pretty clearly like you're putting man and man's teaching OVER God's Word.

How have I misunderstood that?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word of God came unto John...

what book chapter and verse?

You referred to Luke 3:2 and said word of God is not limited to Bible alone.
So i am asking you what you mean by this with its connection to Luke 3:2 - please share
Also please share what Bible Alone Heresy is - thank you

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly is "Bible Alone" heresy?

It depends on who you ask

basically it is the Bible is our only authority that implies a personal interpretation also

God, Christ, the HS, the church, the apostles cannot be any authority at all, only scripture
1st problem is that the church of the apostles says what is and what is not scripture
The Bible comes from the teaching of the apostles

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you don’t agree we will break off and start a new sect or cult
Violating scripture in the process