Bible Codes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There seems to be alot on the internet these days about the bible codes(for anyone that dosent know this using a computer to searth the text of the bible for hidden words that form a type of crossword puzzle called a matrix)God often used hidden words in the bible, for instance there are places where the first letter of each line in a verse spelled his name, this served a purpose, to show that the word is of a divine nature, and also kept the scribes and the text true to what God had intented.Although I beleive God could have very well hidden words in the bible that it took the advent of computers to find them,he tells us knowlege will be increased,my problem with the bible codes is that there are no rules it is just random searching open to the users interpitation,and the search term the user choses to use. example: if you searched the word "MISSILE" you might find other words with in the matrix such as Korea, fire,June,warning, explosion. Then the user translates these at his discretion,using these words we could get: ex. #1. Warning!Korea is going to fire a missile at someone in June that will explode. ex. #2.Koreas warnig that they were going to fire a missile in June ended when it exploded. ex. #3.World governments explode,and warn Korea over its planned June missile firing.So as you can see without rules to fill in missing words,verbs or the subject to complete the context of the words the user decides the outcome of the code.Now that being said, the fact that these words even appeared together in the matrix would be so far beyond chance that it proves the bible had to be divinely inspired by God,and may be comforting to those who have doubt of that, to those of us that know the bible is Gods word it is just another display of Gods amazing blessings he has given us.So my conclusion is that yes the bible code is real. Should it be used to predict the future or to confirm some ones interpitation of scripure,or base a new beleif or religion on------- NO!!! at least not in form it is today Now that I have voiced my opinion. What are youre opinions about the code

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am "on the fence" when it comes to the Bible codes. Bibically speaking, I don't know of any verses right offhand that really hint that there might be something there for us to discover. I'm just not quite convinced that these matrices that these people draw are nothing more than random chance. They may very well be divinely inspired, but it's a hard call for me here.The Bible is full of words, and when you start breaking down matrices odds are that you are going to find words together. I agree that the appearance of related words seems more than chance, but it's a hard call to make. As you pointed out, you also have to be careful with it because it can quickly become something that leads you astray in my view.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It seems that we both agree in the end result, however for some what different reasons the code has of long ago passed the random chance test with odds somtimes as high as 1.followed by 10,000 zeros I can begin to see Gods handyworkhowever it only works after the fact and you know what to look for and what context to put it in.I may have misled you by saying its just a word search its much more mathamatical and detailed than that.Which is why I beleive it is real I just dont think God has given us the key to understanding it yet and untill/if he does as we have both said men should be very careful indeed

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am familiar with both sides of the argument and I've seen the probability but at the same time there are still so many words in the Bible. The matrices that are being used are very random and it just seems to me that there is no real pattern to them.However, God could very easily have put them there knowing in full that one day we'd have the computers available to understand them. It's hard to say. I tend to say stick with the Bible though, as I know you do.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
you are right about that swampfox and I agree. someday in the future when its time we may well find that God has recorded all mankinds history in his book untill that time free will is still in effect so trying to read future events is futile untill God reveals them in his time.It also states in the bible God has foretold us all things.So everything we need to know is there and we dont need computers or codes to read itGod Bless

Zalaki

Jul 10, 2006
Yea the entire Bible has many codes and secrets... but the main thing is that the Bible hold the History and Future.. it tell us our Past and what is to come is in it....

Status
Not open for further replies.