Bible Commentaries

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Bible Commentary have you found to contain the most accurate interpretation of Scripture. I have been studying for years without the help of a commentary after praying that the Holy Spirit teach me God's meaning and there have been astounding revelations. I wanted to see if any of my Bible commentaries in my own extensive library agree with what the Holy Spirit taught me, and none did until I pulled out one of my oldest. It agreed on every single verse, so I can literally box up a ton of books and just use the only one that seems to also have been taught by the Spirit of God.

Mine is:
THE ABINGDON BIBLE COMMENTARY Edited by Eiselen/Lewis/Downey 1929

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello 1stCenturyLady,

Just received in the mail by mistake on Thursday a : HOLMAN : Study Bible NKJV Edition, Hardcover. It has about 2,000 pages which included Genesis through Revelation. Comprehensive study notes, Essays, Articles, and Full- Color Maps.

Very informational, even when going through the scripture it has chain links to what the scripture is talking about in accordance with the comparison with the verse in relation to other letters, or even going back to the Old Testament, which can grow and expand the knowledge extensively if used correctly and a person desires to study over the material of whatever Gospel, or Old Testament scriptures there also contains verse by verse.

With this though may not agree with every thing one may have to say on a verse by verse. It is always good to go and Ask God and look at the context and try to explain it to the best of ones ability to share the wisdom that is gained by and through being saved by faith in Christ where you can have peace with God, through the Lord Jesus Christ being made right with God.

Over all this bible is very interesting and can be found on Christianbook website.

Thank you for sharing and reading,

Matthew G.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Bible Commentary have you found to contain the most accurate interpretation of Scripture. I have been studying for years without the help of a commentary after praying that the Holy Spirit teach me God's meaning and there have been astounding revelations. I wanted to see if any of my Bible commentaries in my own extensive library agree with what the Holy Spirit taught me, and none did until I pulled out one of my oldest. It agreed on every single verse, so I can literally box up a ton of books and just use the only one that seems to also have been taught by the Spirit of God.

Mine is:
Were you formerly charismatic lady ?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you formerly charismatic lady ?

Yes, but before that I was 1stCenturyLady. Had to have my computer cleaned again, and asked admin for help getting back in. Does this mean you are going to be nasty to 1stCenturyLady? At one time you apologized and were going to stop.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Mine is:
The Thompson Chain reference Bible has a lot of useful information in it. (My edition has small print, which progressively gets more difficult to use...)

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Thompson Chain reference Bible has a lot of useful information in it. (My edition has small print, which progressively gets more difficult to use...)
Yes that is a good bible and the chain is a great resource.

Reactions: farouk