Bible Studies, Questions & Answers, Christian Music & more

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Studies, Questions & Answers.

Like to study the Bible? Have Questions? Need Answers? Like Evidence for your Faith?

You might also like:

The Pilgrim's Progress 01 - Christian - Animated (2020)
Matthew_ten_Verseight

Good Listening:

Resources For Bible Study:

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuJIK1Lhu7BgyCuOVjRHg8A

Super Natural Resources - http://supernaturalresources.epizy.com/

Internet Archive Resources (Videos, Powerpoints, Pictures, Magazines, Cookbooks & More) - User Account

Or here - Matthew_ten_Verseight

Or here - https://www.dailymotion.com/library/playlist/x6qij7

Or here - $1's Page!

Or here
(could really use some upvotes and DTC to post more, if you feel generous) - https://d.tube/c/supernaturalresources444

Or here - Character Building

First Study:

What does the Bible say about How to Study itself?

(If you have any questions you would like to honestly know from scripture (and don't already have a set opinion on), feel free to ask here, and then we can study it out together.)

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Studies, Questions & Answers.

Like to study the Bible? Have Questions? Need Answers? Like Evidence for your Faith?

You might also like:

The Pilgrim's Progress 01 - Christian - Animated (2020)
Matthew_ten_Verseight

Good Listening:

Resources For Bible Study:

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuJIK1Lhu7BgyCuOVjRHg8A

Super Natural Resources - http://supernaturalresources.epizy.com/

Internet Archive Resources (Videos, Powerpoints, Pictures, Magazines, Cookbooks & More) - User Account

Or here - Matthew_ten_Verseight

Or here - https://www.dailymotion.com/library/playlist/x6qij7

Or here - $1's Page!

Or here
(could really use some upvotes and DTC to post more, if you feel generous) - https://d.tube/c/supernaturalresources444

Or here - Character Building

First Study:

What does the Bible say about How to Study itself?

(If you have any questions you would like to honestly know from scripture (and don't already have a set opinion on), feel free to ask here, and then we can study it out together.)
Ok, What does the Bible say about How to Study Itself?

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
Isa 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.​

A "precept" is a commandment (Hosea 5:11).

A "line" is a "rule" (by which things are measured against, a pure standard of judgment; Isaiah 44:13).

A "here a little", means that God has placed foundational material in one place (as "milk", Isaiah 28:9).

A "there a little", means that God has placed that same material previously given in another place, and either explains it again, or explains it again with expansional or enlarging material (as "meat" (food, substance), "drawn (removed, taken away) from the breasts", Isaiah 28:9).

The Bible teaches that it is self-contained, or self-defined within, and that it contains the true "light" or wisdom:

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.​

The Bible teaches that the words in itself do not contradict itself in any place, and are perfect and cannot be improved upon (through either adding or taking away):

Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Psa_19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Deu 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Num 22:18 And Balaam answered and said unto the servants of Balak, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more.

Num 24:13 If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the commandment of the LORD, to do either good or bad of mine own mind; but what the LORD saith, that will I speak?​

As "all scripture" is "given by inspiration" of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and God cannot "lie", being "truth" and "light" itself:

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Heb 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Deu_32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

1Jn_1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Some helpful materials:

supernaturalresources.epizy.com/inspired-psalms-126-7-kjb/

http://supernaturalresources.epizy.com/studies-in-the-scriptures-kjb-souls-salvation/

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How shall we approach the study and reading of Scripture? Shall we approach for selfish gain?

The Scriptural Test:

“... not I, but Christ ...” [Galatians 2:20],

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me [Christ Jesus].” [John 5:39],

“If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.” [John 7:17],

“... Every one that is of the truth heareth my [Christ Jesus'] voice.” [John 18:37]

“He [Christ Jesus] must increase, but I must decrease.” [John 3:30],

“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” [1 Thessalonians 5:21],

“... in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.” [Matthew 18:16],

“And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.” [1 Corinthians 14:32],

“... Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.” [2 Chronicles 20:20],

“To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” [Isaiah 8:20],

“It is written...” [Matthew 4:4],

“... thus saith the LORD ...” [Haggai 2:6],

“... the scripture cannot be broken.” [John 10:35],

“...God, that cannot lie...” [Titus 1:2],

“That by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie...” [Hebrews 6:18],

“All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” [2 Timothy 3:16],

“The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.” [Psalms 12:6],

“[As for] God, his way [is] perfect; the word of the LORD [is] tried: he [is] a buckler to all them that trust in him.” [2 Samuel 22:31],

“[As for] God, his way [is] perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he [is] a buckler to all those that trust in him.” [Psalms 18:30],

“LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.” [Psalms 119:89],​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Defining the words according to the scriptural method [Isaiah 28:9-10], even like a Thesaurus:

Isa_43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

[A.] I have created him,

[B.] I have formed him,

[C.] I have made him.​

Isa_45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

[A.] The LORD that created

[B.] God himself that formed

[C.] God himself ... and made

[D.] he hath established

[E.] he created

[F.] he formed

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

[A.] which we have seen with our eyes

[B.] which we have looked upon

Notice that the words which are being defined or given in similitude, have surrounding words which are normally, usually, the same, “I have … him” [Isaiah 43], and “which we have” [1 John 1:1], etc. Again, take notice:

1Jn_1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1Jn_1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jn_1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

1Jn_1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

[A.] bear witness, and shew unto you

[B.] manifested unto us

[C.] seen and heard declare we unto you

[D.] these things write we unto you

[E.] this is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you​

[A.] the life

[B.] that eternal life … with the Father, ...

[C.] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ

[D.] God … in him ...​

Those are the similitudes, samenesses, but notice also, the oppositions, the negatives, which also help in defining:

[A.] God is light

[B.] in him is no darkness at all

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider another example:

1Pe_3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

1Pe_3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

[A.] let him refrain his tongue from evil

[B.] let him eschew evil

[A.] let him seek peace

[B.] ensue it​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another, more complex:

Jdg_9:2 Speak, I pray you, in the ears of all the men of Shechem, Whether is better for you, either that all the sons of Jerubbaal, which are threescore and ten persons, reign over you, or that one reign over you? remember also that I am your bone and your flesh.

Jdg_9:4 And they gave him threescore and ten pieces of silver out of the house of Baalberith, wherewith Abimelech hired vain and light persons, which followed him.

Jdg_9:5 And he went unto his father's house at Ophrah, and slew his brethren the sons of Jerubbaal, being threescore and ten persons, upon one stone: notwithstanding yet Jotham the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left; for he hid himself.

Jdg_9:18 And ye are risen up against my father's house this day, and have slain his sons, threescore and ten persons, upon one stone, and have made Abimelech, the son of his maidservant, king over the men of Shechem, because he is your brother;)

Jdg_9:24 That the cruelty done to the threescore and ten sons of Jerubbaal might come, and their blood be laid upon Abimelech their brother, which slew them; and upon the men of Shechem, which aided him in the killing of his brethren.

Jdg_9:56 Thus God rendered the wickedness of Abimelech, which he did unto his father, in slaying his seventy brethren:

[A.] threescore and ten sons

[B.] his sons, threescore and ten persons

[C.] threescore and ten sons

[D.] seventy brethren​

With this, we can even see how the Bible defines “score”, as twenty. Consider:

threescore and ten = seventy

subtract, “take away” [Proverbs 25:4], “ten” from both sides; for the “ways of the LORD are equal” [Ezekiel 18:25] and “my [the LORD's] ways equal” [Ezekiel 18:29].

threescore and ten “take away” ten = seventy “take away” ten

threescore = sixty

then “rightly divide” [2 Timothy 2:15] both sides by “three”, keeping them in equality.

threescore divided by three = sixty divided by three

score = twenty​

Didn't even need a dictionary, nor Abraham Lincoln [fourscore and seven years ago...]

[A.] slew his brethren

[B.] slain his sons

[C.] the cruelty done to … sons

[D.] slew them … in the killing of his brethren

[E.] the wickedness … in slaying … brethren​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A different example, should God's word retain the so-called 'archaic' words, or do we need to update them? What does God do?

1Sa_9:9 (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to enquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)

2Sa_24:11 For when David was up in the morning, the word of the LORD came unto the prophet Gad, David's seer, saying,

1Ch_29:29 Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,

2Ch_9:29 Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

2Ch_12:15 Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

2Ch_29:25 And he set the Levites in the house of the LORD with cymbals, with psalteries, and with harps, according to the commandment of David, and of Gad the king's seer, and Nathan the prophet: for so was the commandment of the LORD by his prophets.

[A.] Beforetime … a man went to enquire of God … let us go to the seer

[B.] for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.

[A.] beforetime [past]

[B.] now [in contrast, opposite; therefore - present]

[C.] beforetime [past]

The word “seer” is the older, so-called 'archaic' word, because it is said that this word was used “beforetime”, which means in the past before that moment. The current word in use was the word “prophet”. Even though the current word utilized is “prophet”, God did not remove the older word “seer”, but keeps them both, so that when one comes across the older words elsewhere, we know what that word means, and can also understand that the time was before the time that the word prophet was in use. It helps to identify the various epochs in scripture, from one generation to another. If we removed the older word “seer” and just replaced it with the current word “prophet”, then not only would 1 Samuel 9:9 not make any sense, but it would also confuse the previous epochs with the current. See fore yourself. Go ahead and mentally substitute the word “prophet” where the word “seer” is in 1 Samuel 9:9 and see if it makes any sense without changing the actual meaning of the other words present. It cannot be done, unless one would want to re-write that verse in their own manner, a “private interpretation” [2 Peter 1:20], ignoring the underlying Hebrew manuscripts, in what it actually says. If this is done here, how many other places in scripture, in both Hebrew and Greek, would also have to be re-written, just to be rid of the so-called 'archaic' words? God is very serious about the punishments for those who do that [Deuteronomy 4:2, 12:32; Proverbs 30:6; Numbers 22:18, 24:13; Revelation 22:18,19].

Who does “translation” anyway? God [2 Samuel 3:10; Colossians 1:3; Hebrews 11:5]. A “translation” done by God, through the Holy Spirit, is always better. Who does “interpretation” anyway? God, see Genesis 40:8, for there is to be no private interpretations, per 2 Peter 1:20.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's look at someone who did remove God's words, and even cut them up and burned them in the fire.

You see, there is an example of one in the Bible which sought to destroy God's word:

And they went in to the king into the court, but they laid up the roll in the chamber of Elishama the scribe, and told all the words in the ears of the king. - Jeremiah 36:20

So the king sent Jehudi to fetch the roll: and he took it out of Elishama the scribe's chamber. And Jehudi read it in the ears of the king, and in the ears of all the princes which stood beside the king. - Jeremiah 36:21

Now the king sat in the winterhouse in the ninth month: and [there was a fire] on the hearth burning before him. - Jeremiah 36:22

And it came to pass, [that] when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast [it] into the fire that [was] on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that [was] on the hearth. - Jeremiah 36:23

Yet they were not afraid, nor rent their garments, [neither] the king, nor any of his servants that heard all these words. - Jeremiah 36:24

Nevertheless Elnathan and Delaiah and Gemariah had made intercession to the king that he would not burn the roll: but he would not hear them. - Jeremiah 36:25

Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, after that the king had burned the roll, and the words which Baruch wrote at the mouth of Jeremiah, saying, - Jeremiah 36:27

Take thee again another roll, and write in it all the former words that were in the first roll, which Jehoiakim the king of Judah hath burned. - Jeremiah 36:28

And thou shalt say to Jehoiakim king of Judah, Thus saith the LORD; Thou hast burned this roll, saying, Why hast thou written therein, saying, The king of Babylon shall certainly come and destroy this land, and shall cause to cease from thence man and beast? - Jeremiah 36:29​

Notice Matthew 1:11:

And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon: - Matthew 1:11​

Notice who is suddenly 'missing'?

Jehoiakim... (for it was Jehoiakim that begat Jechonias, and Josias the father of Jehoiakim (2 Kings 23:34; Jeremiah 1:3, 22:18, 25:1, 26:1, 27:1, 35:1, 36:1,9, 45:1, 46:2) and was Jechonias' grandfather (1 Chronicles 3:16; Jeremiah 22:24, 24:1, 27:20, 28:4, 37:1; "Coniah" = "Jeconiah/s")), but why?
It was for what he did to the word of God; which was cutting it up into pieces and having it burned.

On another note, some 'skeptics' , or even so-called Bible scholars [like the 'lawyers, scribes, etc of Jesus' day], try to point out in scripture, like this location, and say, “See, your Bible cannot be trusted, as it has gaps in the Genealogies, and therefore who knows how many persons are missing, etc, etc.” Yet, the only reason we know that there are so-called “gaps” in certain places like Matthew or elsewhere in the first place, is because those so-called “gaps” are filled in elsewhere, which means, there are no actual gaps in scripture [KJB].

Also, this particular example is also good, because of what else it shows. Namely, that even though Jeremiah wrote [through Baruch; Jeremiah 36:1-4] the original note/letter and sent it to the King, from God, the King burned the original copy. Therefore, that “original manuscript” is forever lost [except God bring it back through miracle]. This goes to show that those who claim to only believe the “original manuscripts” do not know what they are talking about. Many “original manuscripts” are long gone, destroyed, burned, faded, erased, or re-used [called a 'palimpsest', scrape over a lambskin, etc and rewrite on top], buried at sea and eaten, and so on. God does not care so much about the “originals” as He does about simply “preserving” His word [see Psalms 12:6,7], generally through memory, copying, etc. Well, since the King cut up and burned [Jeremiah 36:23] the “original” manuscript copy of the letter by Jeremiah/Baurch, how then do we have a copy of it in scripture to read [Jeremiah 36]? Did you take notice all of the times that “scribes” are near at hand, making copies of what is said, or written? What was more important, the “original” or preserving what was said by God? Obviously preserving the words, not the “original” manuscript. Yet, this is not all, for we even see that God had Jeremiah/Baruch, write an “original” manuscript number 2, to repeat what was in the first “original” with even more words, see Jeremiah 36:28,32. Thus we now have “original” manuscript number 2. Yet this “original” manuscript is taken and tied to a stone and cast into the Euphrates river [Jeremiah 51:63], thus eliminating “original” manuscript number 2, by decree of God, through an angel. How then do we have those words in Jeremiah since the “original” manuscript 2 was purposefully destroyed at God's own command? Well, someone obviously made a copy of those words, either Jeremiah/Baruch, or a “scribe” in either the Temple or King's court, etc and thus we then have “original” manuscript number 3. Yet, to be sure, “original” manuscript number 3 is more than likely, as the other two, long since been disintegrated. It is not the “originals” that are important, but rather it is the preservation [by God] of those words which were given by God [Acts 1:16; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21].

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A different example, one about “meter”, a musical sound, or cadence, movement, accenting upon certain portions of words, which make for easier memorization:

Psa_73:2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.

[A.] 'Iambic' meter [there are many types of 'meter', this is one example]

But as … … for me, … …

my feet … … were al … … most gone:

my steps … … had well … … nigh slipped.​

The accent is on the second words. In fact, raise your hand in a chopping motion and follow along, raising the hand on the first word, lowering on the second word, and see how it 'bounces' along, making for easy memorization.

This works really well in the psalms, since they are written for music, but it is also found in many other places in scripture. Notice, also the syllable locations and notice their parallels:

[A1] my feet

[A2.] my steps

[B1.] were almost gone

[B2.] had well nigh slipped.​

Try some other ones, like Isaiah 14:12; 1 John 3:24; 1 John 2:22, etc. One will find Rhythm, Cadence, Meter, Parallels, Syllable matching, Repetition, etc.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A different example, one about “meter”, a musical sound, or cadence, movement, accenting upon certain portions of words, which make for easier memorization:

Psa_73:2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.

[A.] 'Iambic' meter [there are many types of 'meter', this is one example]

But as … … for me, … …

my feet … … were al … … most gone:

my steps … … had well … … nigh slipped.​

The accent is on the second words. In fact, raise your hand in a chopping motion and follow along, raising the hand on the first word, lowering on the second word, and see how it 'bounces' along, making for easy memorization.

This works really well in the psalms, since they are written for music, but it is also found in many other places in scripture. Notice, also the syllable locations and notice their parallels:

[A1] my feet

[A2.] my steps
[B1.] were almost gone

[B2.] had well nigh slipped.​

Try some other ones, like Isaiah 14:12; 1 John 3:24; 1 John 2:22, etc. One will find Rhythm, Cadence, Meter, Parallels, Syllable matching, Repetition, etc.
Thank you for your contributions ReChoired