Bible Verse of the Day - April 27, 2021

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please watch and share your own thoughts.

May God Bless You With Joy, Peace, Happiness.

Too many people it seems to me only hear part of the words of the verse or misinterpret what they do hear. It says "humble themselves". It does not say for us to presume that God will be there simply because we have been called by Him. Being called, we must continue to listen to His voice and to call upon His name.

Many really are called, but if we do not answer Him each time He calls and obey Him, should we expect forgiveness for our sins or healing for our land?

Consider what is written a few verses later in the same chapter:

"But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.
And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and unto this house?" II Chron 7:19-21

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Too many people it seems to me only hear part of the words of the verse or misinterpret what they do hear. It says "humble themselves". It does not say for us to presume that God will be there simply because we have been called by Him. Being called, we must continue to listen to His voice and to call upon His name.

Many really are called, but if we do not answer Him each time and calls and obey Him, should we expect forgiveness for our sins or healing for our land?

Consider what is written a few verses later in the same chapter:

"But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.
And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and unto this house?" II Chron 7:19-21

Exactly. "Humble themselves" was a euphemism for fasting and repentance before God in Old Testament times.

The passage reminds me of another that talks about the same thing, and relates directly to what it will take for the end-time church to enter into the promises set aside for her to walk in the gifts again (will post it in response to the OP).
Please watch and share your own thoughts.

May God Bless You With Joy, Peace, Happiness.

Thanks for posting these, DBV. It's fun for the community, and a blessing being able to share thoughts together on the verses.

What comes to mind here for me is a passage in Joel 2 that says essentially the same thing, only the promises are made specifically to the end-time army of God.

15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly: 16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet. 17 Let the priests, the ministers of the Lord, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, "Spare thy people, O Lord, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them, wherefore should they say among the people, 'Where is their God?'" 18 Then will the Lord be jealous for His land, and pity His people. 19 Yea, the Lord will answer and say unto His people, "Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and you shall be satisfied therewith, and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen... 21 Fear not, O land. Be glad and rejoice, for the Lord will do great things. 22 Be not afraid, you beasts of the field, for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree bears her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength. 23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God, for He has given you the former rain moderately, and He will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. 24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil. 25 And I will restore unto you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, My great army which I sent among you. 26 And you shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you, and My people shall never be ashamed. 27 And you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else. And My people shall never be ashamed. 28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my Spirit. 30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come. 32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call. (Joel 2:15-32)