Bible Verse of the Day - February 23, 2021

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm feeling this today. I've been trying to watch daily Mass in an attempt to reduced temptations placed in my way. But these last couple days I just feel exhausted and don't really want to spend the time in Mass.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm feeling this today. I've been trying to watch daily Mass in an attempt to reduced temptations placed in my way. But these last couple days I just feel exhausted and don't really want to spend the time in Mass.

Sort of goes with my devo today. I am not Catholic, but know what you mean. This was part of my devo this morning:

Scripture:

“Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.”
Matthew 6:21 NLT

Reflection:
Can you imagine if we pursued God with the intensity of diving for treasure at the bottom of the ocean, and the response we would get from our heavenly Father? The next time you are in worship, think about the time and energy it takes to pay for your dream car and think about how you can give more energy and time to praise God. Pursue Him and listen for His voice. In times of silence, lean into what He has already spoken in His Word.

---- it can feel like sin management sometimes, but when our focus is on God, I think our temptations automatically start decreasing. It is hard when worship music is on full blast to think bad things. :D

Reactions: dev553344

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im doing lent, which I am really just making a 20 minute intentional prayer time each day...something I want to continue doing and should have been doing. But you might like the devoes. They are on youversion, so I just copy the reflection/prayer on here, but here it is if you like to take a look.

Youversion Bible Studies

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially as a parent, I can relate to being tired. It definitely was a factor in drifting spiritually for awhile. Being a parent is my biggest ministry, but with my kids so young, it may take a long time to see results.

@Hidden In Him
@FluffyYellowDuck

View attachment 13552

Without wanting to turn the discussion too heavy or technical, I think the passage where Galatians 6:9 is found is actually talking about not growing weary in teaching others.

6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teaches in all good things. 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. 11 You see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.

Verse 6 could be interpreted a number of different ways, but I take "Let the one being taught in the word share (i.e. have shared experience) with the one teaching in all good things" to refer to simply not denying others of teachings that we are in a position to give them, even if doing so is a lot of work sometimes. This is why he says in verse 11, "You see what large letters I write to you." Paul was saying here that he was constantly pouring out his life in giving himself to teaching others, and writing large letters to the churches to that end.

It is motivational in a way, regardless of what our calling is, but I do think teaching is especially in view here, and most certainly can wear a believer out when you are at it all the time. It's mentally exhausting.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without wanting to turn the discussion too heavy or technical, I think the passage where Galatians 6:9 is found is actually talking about not growing weary in teaching others.

6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teaches in all good things. 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. 11 You see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.

Verse 6 could be interpreted a number of different ways, but I take "Let the one being taught in the word share (i.e. have shared experience) with the one teaching in all good things" to refer to simply not denying others of teachings that we are in a position to give them, even if doing so is a lot of work sometimes. This is why he says in verse 11, "You see what large letters I write to you." Paul was saying here that he was constantly pouring out his life in giving himself to teaching others, and writing large letters to the churches to that end.

It is motivational in a way, regardless of what our calling is, but I do think teaching is especially in view here, and most certainly can wear a believer out when you are at it all the time. It's mentally exhausting.

Good insight here. Very good to have a message to love people before not growing weary in teaching. Sometimes, especially with kids and Children's ministry, I wonder if they are getting anything. But kids need continual guidance, and adults do also. Repetition causes revelation, what my pastor says a lot.

Reactions: Hidden In Him