Bible Verse of the Day - May 28, 2021

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2556.jpg

Amen!

Let me just give a practical application here. James said:

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (James 1:5-8)

This is how unsearchable things can be searched out and received through the Spirit of God; answers to doctrinal questions, answers about end-times prophecy, answers even to personal dilemmas, and questions about people or situations.

I've operated in this for many years, and I can honestly say there is not a thing I could not find out from God if I wanted to know it bad enough (except maybe the day of the Lord's return). I've been applying this passage for too long, and it is simply a matter of staying in faith that He WILL reveal wisdom to you, even if it may take a while and you must stay in faith and prayer.

In all honestly, you come to the place where you almost don't want to know certain things. I was praying yesterday for God to show me the real identity of certain people who might be concealing themselves and their intentions. Immediately He started moving things around that afternoon, and I almost felt like I should leave it alone and really didn't need to know. I just want to be a friend to everyone I see and everyone I talk to, and bring blessings to their lives, whoever they might be. But that's how much the Lord will reveal things to us if we believe Him for it that He will, and stand in faith for it until He does. He is a Great God, and He knows all things, and "nothing is hidden from Him with which we have to do."

LILAC

May 18, 2021
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen to that! I can't tell you of how many situations God has revealed to me things I need to learn, even if I don't know why I need to learn it at the time. Eventually, it does come to light. Ask the Lord to reveal things to you, and so long as you have His ear, He hears and answers! :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an area of realization and repentance not asking in faith. It is hard to see areas you lack faith in, but I'm realizing this year how "little faith" I really had. God has given us the same measure though. I just want to activate mine by asking in faith. Keep me in prayer that I will continue believing that God will give me wisdom and discernment. He is a good God and will protect and guard His children. Fear holds so many believers back from the greatness He calls us too. I don't want to be one of them.