Bible Verse of the Day - May 9, 2021

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please watch and share your own thoughts.

May God Bless You With Joy, Peace, Happiness.

This verse is so good I'll quote a larger portion of the surrounding context with it.

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, soulish, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. (James 3:13-18)

The "good works" mentioned in v.13 refer specifically to teaching others in a Spirit of meekness, since this is the driving theme of the Chapter from the outset (James 3:1), and of the entire letter, being a treatise on the power of the tongue to minister both blessings and curses upon our brethren in the Lord.

I am coming increasingly to the place of being able to put away offense in teaching others. I still correct, and firmly, but it comes less and less with a spirit of contentiousness behind it. The one thing I will add to this teaching above, however, is that there are indeed occasions where meekness of wisdom is not what is fully called for. When correction absolutely has to come, it must be with a good heart and in good will, but it can no longer be meek. The Apostle Paul talked about bringing the rod of correction, and that is more the form that words of correction have to take.

But the above is a glorious passage, and an invaluable teaching. The "fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace," and as scripture also commands us, "As much as is in you, be at peace with all men."

Last edited: