Biblical Proof Of A Pretribulation Rapture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical Proof Of A Pretribulation Rapture

Matthew 24:42-44, “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” —Hebrews 11:5

Our Lord Jesus Christ taught that He might come back at any time, suddenly, imminently, without any notice or signs. The most important characteristic of Christ's return is that it could happen without warning, suddenly, catching us off guard if we're not faithfully serving our Master...

Mark 13:33-37, "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

The Lord told us TO WATCH, because He might come back at any time, suddenly. For anyone to teach that the Rapture cannot happen until after the 7-year Tribulation period is blatant heresy. There's absolutely no way that the Rapture could happen after the Tribulation. There are numerous reasons. The following passage of Scripture 100% proves the Pretribulation return of Christ...

Matthew 24:42-44, “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”

If Postribulation heresy were true, then we would know absolutely that Christ cannot return until after the Rapture (which would make Matthew 24:42-44 impossible). How can we watch for the Lord's imminent and sudden return if He cannot return until after all the tragic events of the 7-year Tribulation period (as taught in the book of Revelation)? The only logical and workable conclusion is a Pretribulation Rapture, that is, the Rapture will take place BEFORE the Tribulation Period.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Further proof of a pre-trib rapture can be found in 2 Thess. 2. Where it's stated that the Day of the Lord cannot come until the apostasy comes first. We used to read the word apostasy to mean a departure from the faith. In this context it may mean a departure from this world.
The next verses in 2 Thess say that the antichrist can't come until he is taken out of the way, that is the Holy Spirit living in believers.
Friends, we can be more certain of a pre tribulation rapture than ever, both from a wide understanding of context all throughout scripture, to plainly stated specific passages like in 2 Thess.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What Christians should clearly understand is that the Resurrection/Rapture is for the Church -- the Bride of Christ, whereas the Tribulation and the Great Tribulation are for the ungodly and the wicked (and the whore of Babylon).

So the one is for salvation (the perfection and glorification of the saints) whereas the other is for the destruction and damnation of those who "obey not the Gospel".

That there is absolutely no link to any tribulation is clearly seen in this passage (John 14:1-3):

1 Let not your heart be troubled:(DON'T TALK ABOUT TRIBULATION)

...ye believe in God, believe also in me. (CHRIST IS GOD, BELIEVE HIM)

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: (HEAVEN IS OUR ETERNAL HOME)

...if it were not so, I would have told you. (CHRIST DOES NOT MISLEAD)

I go to prepare a place for you. (THE NEW JERUSALEM FOR THE SAINTS)

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again... (A SOLID PROMISE)

...and receive you unto myself (THIS IS THE RAPTURE)

that where I am, there ye may be also.(CHRIST AND THE CHURCH ARE INSEPARABLE)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical Proof Of A Pretribulation Rapture

Matthew 24:42-44, “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” —Hebrews 11:5

Our Lord Jesus Christ taught that He might come back at any time, suddenly, imminently, without any notice or signs. The most important characteristic of Christ's return is that it could happen without warning, suddenly, catching us off guard if we're not faithfully serving our Master...

Mark 13:33-37, "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

The Lord told us TO WATCH, because He might come back at any time, suddenly. For anyone to teach that the Rapture cannot happen until after the 7-year Tribulation period is blatant heresy. There's absolutely no way that the Rapture could happen after the Tribulation. There are numerous reasons. The following passage of Scripture 100% proves the Pretribulation return of Christ...

Matthew 24:42-44, “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”

If Postribulation heresy were true, then we would know absolutely that Christ cannot return until after the Rapture (which would make Matthew 24:42-44 impossible). How can we watch for the Lord's imminent and sudden return if He cannot return until after all the tragic events of the 7-year Tribulation period (as taught in the book of Revelation)? The only logical and workable conclusion is a Pretribulation Rapture, that is, the Rapture will take place BEFORE the Tribulation Period.
I will ask you to consider what I am sharing and to pray and ask for confirmation of it....
The greatest False Teaching ever to come forth and deceive God's people is The Rapture Theory.....which takes place before the tribulation according to this theory.....why is this so dangerous to Christians unskilled in rightly dividing the truth???
Because
1. Satan appears first claiming to be the Messiah with signs and wonders....this happens at the 6th Trumpet
2. Jesus does not return until all prophesies have been fulfilled....The abomination of desolation as spoken of by the prophet Daniel...one of the main ones that Jesus said when you see this happen then look up.
3. Jesus is the only one worthy to open the seals so He is still in Heaven... “And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof” (Revelation 5:4-5).
4. What are the 7 seals that Christ opens? The first seal reveals false prophets; the second, war; the third, famine; the fourth, pestilence; the fifth, tribulation; the sixth, heavenly signs; and the seventh, seven trumpets.
4a. The Fifth Seal is the tribulation?????? How can that be? and it is Jesus opening it....means He hasn't came yet....so why are we still here during the opening of the seals?
This Commentary sums it up best from all I have read....
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(9-11) The fifth seal differs from the four earlier seals. It is not introduced by the voice of the living beings, and the cry "Come." The voice which is now heard is not the cry of the groaning world, but of the oppressed and troubled Church. In the fourth seal the climax of world-sorrow seemed to be reached in the accumulation of war, famine, pestilence, and noisome beasts. It declared to the evangelist that there were evils which would continue and even increase in the world. "Ye shall hear of wars; nation shall rise against nation." Social troubles, war, poverty, and privation would still exist; religious troubles, evil men and seducers would wax worse and worse. Worldly policy, selfishness, and the untamed passions of mankind would still trouble humanity. Then if such troubles and disorders remain, what has the Church been doing? Where is the promise of that early vision of victory? The answer is given in the fifth seal. The Church has been following her Lord. As the vision of Bethlehem and the angel-song of "peace on earth" passed, and made way for the agony of Gethsemane, the cross of Calvary, and the cry "My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" so the glowing dream of a quick conquest over all evil passes away, and the picture of an agonising, persecuted Church takes its place, and the voice of its anguish is heard, "How long, O Lord!" The Church has her Bethlehem, her Nazareth, her Gethsemane, her Calvary, her Easter morn; for Christ said, "Where I am there shall also My servant be" (John 12:26). The seals, then, are not merely visions of war, famine, &c., they are the tokens that the victory of Christ's Church must, like her Lord's, be a victory through apparent failure and certain death. The four seals proclaim her apparent failure; she has not brought peace and social and political harmony to the world. The fifth seal shows her suffering, the witness of the servants of Christ has been rejected; in the world they have tribulation (John 16:33).
5. The Sixth Seal....Christ explains this sixth seal in Matthew 24:29: “Immediately after the tribulation of those days [which was the fifth seal] shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.” Those are the same heavenly signs. You can also read them prophesied in Joel 2:31: “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.” This confirms that these signs mark the end of the Tribulation—the 2½ years of Satan’s wrath—and signal the beginning of the Day of the Lord—the year of God’s wrath.
6. The Seventh Seal.....
Revelation 6:17 introduces the seventh seal: “For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” That seventh seal is spoken of in Revelation 8 and 9. It consists of those seven trumpets.
Here is where Christ explained the seventh seal: “And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other” (Matthew 24:31). That seventh seal includes seven trumpet plagues that God pours out on mankind.
There are only a handful of scriptures about the Great Tribulation in Matthew 24 and Revelation, but there are over 30 about the Day of the Lord, which is the day of God’s wrath on this Earth. Joel says the Day of the Lord is at hand, as destruction from the Almighty. God is sick of mankind’s sin and lawlessness, which plunges us into the greatest crisis ever. The world has never seen anything like the wrath of God that it is about to see!
7. The Last Trumpet.....
At the last trumpet, Jesus Christ Himself is going to return to this Earth! “The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord …” (Revelation 11:15). Jesus Christ is about to take over this world in crisis, rule it with a rod of iron and bring peace, joy, happiness and success to everybody on Earth. That is the kind of prosperity mankind really wants, but has never been able to achieve.

So who is God speaking to in the beginning of Revelation? The 7 Churches.....the ones that He speaks ought against for their faults.

To teach that the church will be raptured before the tribulation is false teaching...and has a lot of religious pride in it thinking it is special and should not have to suffer any persecution.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Heart2Soul you say that the pre-tribulation rapture is a false teaching? Could you provide some scripture for that?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the statements Heart2Soul made are Tribulation with injections of the Church which cannot be found in Revelations in the Trib verses.
Make your case to each statement as to why it is false. Your statement is broad and only presents your opinion.

Reactions: Helen

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
T
All the statements Heart2Soul made are Tribulation with injections of the Church which cannot be found in Revelations in the Trib verses.

Thank You CoreIssue. You saved me from a lot of head ache.
Also, the scripture we provided hasn't been refuted.
It happens like this: someone posts scripture that prooves the pre-trib rapture true, then someone else calls it false teaching or mentions the name Darby. The cycle continues.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T

It happens like this: someone posts scripture that prooves the pre-trib rapture true, then someone else calls it false teaching or mentions the name Darby. The cycle continues.

I shared with you the truth....if you don't believe it then it is your choice. But honestly I don't believe neither you nor myself will be alive physically when it happens. Depends on what happens in Israel over the next several years. Furthermore I ask for your argument against my statements.....this is fair.....instead of opinionated statements.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh well let us see if what is claimed will come true in our near future, i.e. in the next 20-30 or so years.

I think that we all miss the signs of the beginning of the next age because of all of the turmoil going on at that time without a so called rapture event as a sign post of it occurring.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T

Indeed. Heard it over and over 50 plus years.

But don't challenge Mid or Post Trib. Or Amil or historicism.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Further proof of a pre-trib rapture can be found in 2 Thess. 2. Where it's stated that the Day of the Lord cannot come until the apostasy comes first. We used to read the word apostasy to mean a departure from the faith. In this context it may mean a departure from this world.
The next verses in 2 Thess say that the antichrist can't come until he is taken out of the way, that is the Holy Spirit living in believers.
Friends, we can be more certain of a pre tribulation rapture than ever, both from a wide understanding of context all throughout scripture, to plainly stated specific passages like in 2 Thess.... It's tradition of man vs. what scripture originally intended... Also, the scripture we provided hasn't been refuted. It happens like this: someone posts scripture that proves the pre-trib rapture true, then someone else calls it false teaching

Actually no, Teamventure. The reason the word ἀποστασία was interpreted as "desertion from one's faith" is because that is precisely the way it was used in NT Greek. Political deserters were referred to as "apostates." The only other NT use makes mention of "forsaking Moses," or in other words apostasizing from the law of Moses (Acts 21:21). If Paul had meant to communicate a simple "departure," there are several other words he could have used that would have meant this more specifically. And if he was trying to refer specifically to the rapture, he would more likely have used the words he usually used when referring to it (ἁρπάζω, 1 Thessalonians 4:17).

The argument that the word should be translated "departure" and interpreted to mean "the rapture" is a purely modern invention created to explain away the meaning of the original text, and bolster a false interpretation that isn't supported by the Greek.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh well let us see if what is claimed will come true in our near future, i.e. in the next 20-30 or so years.

I think that we all miss the signs of the beginning of the next age because of all of the turmoil going on at that time without a so called rapture event to age as a sign post of it occurring.

You could call the Millennial Kingdom an Age.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Goodness...
If we all "Live ready" and walk as God called us to walk.
WHY on earth does it matter one iota???? Who cares.
What a waste of hot air and energies that could well be placed in the kingdom things which really MATTER!!! :eek: