Billy Connolly

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Billy Connolly, er what is your take on him.

He is a bit of a filth monger he claims is true.
Billy came to Brisbane QLD Australia once and at the WC when one claimed he was a filth monger and billy reply was I and was punched out directly. Billy said Brisbane was the only place that he was punched out in the world.

But what of him, I have a mate that hates Billy, but he is so much alike to him, but refuses to listen to Billy at all.
I know people who say X is just like Y is, but you would think that they would get on, but they don't at all, not to mention they can't stand them.

I find that Billy is the Joke and it works for him, if another tried to impersonate him ? you can't. you can take off him a line in regards to him but that's it, they broke the mould when they made him. only thing is, they are reality story's.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I loved the show that saw him tour Australia. I was not a fan of his humour when I was younger, thought he was too ‘ over the top ‘ but over the years I have warmed to him. His live shows are hit and miss with me, some of it I hate and some of it I find very funny. However I do like him, more so since he travelled round Australia and the USA, it showed ‘ him ‘ as a person. It’s sad that he has declined so much now because of Parkinson’s.
Rita

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I loved the show that saw him tour Australia. I was not a fan of his humour when I was younger, thought he was too ‘ over the top ‘ but over the years I have warmed to him. His live shows are hit and miss with me, some of it I hate and some of it I find very funny. However I do like him, more so since he travelled round Australia and the USA, it showed ‘ him ‘ as a person. It’s sad that he has declined so much now because of Parkinson’s.
Rita
Yes I seen the Australian tour show he put on, haha he knows nothing much at all what he was talking about as to Australia tho. that was a joke in it's self. when tourist come here they are told a lot of half baked rubbish.

One just has to take him as he is like and enjoy the show play Oot. I would say it's the Scottish accent and word play a part in it as well.
I find the English had the funniest comedians of all by far, all them shows that I grew up with are class acts.
The USA comedian is just gags as it's much different and nowadays in the last 10 years or so I despise the Politically Correct trash that is noting but totally deranged filth mongering.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea who he is.... lol

Reactions: Nancy

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have no idea who he is.... lol
Look him up.
He is a bloke that looks like he just swallowed a cat, he claimed once.
He is old now and looks like he had just been washed up on the sea shore.
He still has long hair and a beard.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I seen the Australian tour show he put on, haha he knows nothing much at all what he was talking about as to Australia tho. that was a joke in it's self. when tourist come here they are told a lot of half baked rubbish.

One just has to take him as he is like and enjoy the show play Oot. I would say it's the Scottish accent and word play a part in it as well.
I find the English had the funniest comedians of all by far, all them shows that I grew up with are class acts.
The USA comedian is just gags as it's much different and nowadays in the last 10 years or so I despise the Politically Correct trash that is noting but totally deranged filth mongering.
What shows did you grow up with Reggie?
I think comedy has changed, me and my youngest son ( he is 27 ) have very different ideas about what is funny.
Rita

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What shows did you grow up with Reggie?
I think comedy has changed, me and my youngest son ( he is 27 ) have very different ideas about what is funny.
Rita
Stuff that came out in the 60's era on, all the UK stuff, to much to mention.
My 24yo daughter still at home has the same sort of humour as I have everyone says but my wife is some what different and she is 60yo.

I like Heartbeat and shows like such in the UK, I love that Greengrass bloke but my wife and nipper can not stand him at all or watch the show.
I just seen Greengrass was singing a song and he does it the best of all by far that I have heard, it's called Walking the dog and it's a great clip with his dog a classic in how the dog walks. it's on youtube.
On the Buses is classic.
The Old Dr Who series but my nipper only likes the newer ones, not all tho.
Inspector Morse.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love Morse, and endeavour ( young Morse ) Lewis ect. Heartbeat is still being aired, yes green grass was quite a character. Yes I grew up on the 60’s shows. Loved the two Ronnies and Morecambe and wise ( had the privilege of meeting them when I was 18 ) Dr who, but I can’t watch the older ones now as the shows have just aged, the special affects are awful !!!! Lol
I liked the younger Freddie star, especially when he was onDes O’Connor chat show......
Yes too many to list x

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love Morse, and endeavour ( young Morse ) Lewis ect. Heartbeat is still being aired, yes green grass was quite a character. Yes I grew up on the 60’s shows. Loved the two Ronnies and Morecambe and wise ( had the privilege of meeting them when I was 18 ) Dr who, but I can’t watch the older ones now as the shows have just aged, the special affects are awful !!!! Lol
I liked the younger Freddie star, especially when he was onDes O’Connor chat show......
Yes too many to list x
I have all the Dr Who from the start to the 4th doctor who was the best by far Tom Baker and the next was the 3rd John Pertwe. the 1st Dr was great and the show was educational somewhat with a spin on such things and such things as morals, the 2ed Dr would bark at Jammy for his Scottish bad English. the 4th Dr failed because after such a great actor as Tom Baker no on could live up to such as him and the 5th on was a shocking joke and then it died and then came back as something that Dr Who was not originally about and to me boring and bland in many ways lacking class, bad English trashy girls in how they speak and carry on is degrading. one Dr is ok David Tennant ? I think.

But were is the UK Acting heading nowadays with great people or shows. I think the USA is on the same point is heading the same way. everything is trashy and no storyline worth a cracker but for bombs going off and people being killed, stupid violence and trashy talking idiots. it's a bad influence on a generation that we are heading down wards.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit that a lot of tv I just ignore, although we do have some good detective dramas that air , they are still really good. Unforgotten is one I am watching at the moment. The Bay, is another.
I liked David Tennant, and Matt Smith. I like most of the old ones.
Yes, Tom baker was good but I liked Peter Davidson.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, never been a fan of Poirot , have watch some of them but not my favourite

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, never been a fan of Poirot , have watch some of them but not my favourite
Ha Ha my Dad did not like him at all, not to mention he did not like the French much at all. even tho Poirot was not French but Belgium, but in the shows you do see how the English dismiss such with no regard. they are both Frogs.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ha Ha my Dad did not like him at all, not to mention he did not like the French much at all. even tho Poirot was not French but Belgium, but in the shows you do see how the English dismiss such with no regard. they are both Frogs.
Lol, yes I do hear that many English people dislike the French, even my youngest sons says that. It’s never really something I have understood. I don’t dislike Poirot for any particular reason, I just found it difficult to really get into. It’s like the Miss Marple series, I like some more than others because of how different actresses play her, so some of the films I like some I don’t.
I am not Frenchist !! Lol
Rita

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol, yes I do hear that many English people dislike the French, even my youngest sons says that. It’s never really something I have understood. I don’t dislike Poirot for any particular reason, I just found it difficult to really get into. It’s like the Miss Marple series, I like some more than others because of how different actresses play her, so some of the films I like some I don’t.
I am not Frenchist !! Lol
Rita
I love David Suchet playing Poirot part, but all others are rubbish compared with David.
My dad claimed he is a poof and that most French give him that impression overall and are filthy, he had lived in France and hated it and hated Italy as well because they were always trying to rip him off.
I do not see Poirot as a poof but a type of person who is, how you say Hercule.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know what I mean I'm sure.
That's his signature.
I think he exaggerates his accent for effect.
No, can’t say I have ever noticed. Guess we all home in on different things when we listen to someone.
At least I can understand what he says, many many years ago when I went up to Scotland the language was so broad I couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying !! Lol
Rita

Reactions: saintiaint

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, can’t say I have ever noticed. Guess we all home in on different things when we listen to someone.
At least I can understand what he says, many many years ago when I went up to Scotland the language was so broad I couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying !! Lol
Rita
That's true. Scoots ah viry ahd to undastund

Reactions: Rita