Binding of Satan - Explanation from Full Preterist Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe the diagram in the video. The proper interpretation of scripture suggests that Satan was cast out of heaven with the risen Lord Jesus the Christ. What happened was that heaven overcame Satan with the blood of the lamb. The bible describes Satan coming down from heaven like lightning at the time of the ascension of Jesus. This means Satan came down to earth after the Lord ascended to heaven with great wrath.

He will be bound at some point but I doubt that is now or previously. Many of us have experienced Satan. He is here on earth.

Luke 10:18 King James Version (KJV)
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Revelation 12:10-11

King James Version

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is @MatthewG that Satan is the tempter. And now is the time of the trials of the temptations of mankind. He will be done away with and bound when there is no more trial for mankind to be tempted.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are free to believe how you are going to my brother @devin553344. I don’t love you any less or respect you any less just because of what you believe. May you continue you strong in faith, hope and love, in the name of our Lord and King Yeshua brother. (Even if I may disagree), hope you can love me unconditionally as well!

May God be praised, for all the things he has done, in and through the Son.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't believe the diagram in the video. The proper interpretation of scripture suggests that Satan was cast out of heaven with the risen Lord Jesus the Christ. What happened was that heaven overcame Satan with the blood of the lamb.

Thats total Fantasy Theology, you just posted.

For example..... there was no war in heaven, prior to Satan and the deceived angles being cast out.

Also, Jesus said, from Heaven, that He saw Satan fall as Lightning. He didnt go with Him. He watched Satan Go.

Also, there is no "blood of the Lamb", until Jesus is Crucified and shed this blood, from a HUMAN BODY on earth on the CROSS....and that didnt happen in Heaven., as Jesus was not virgin born as a HUMAN BEING in HEAVEN.

So, your wild theology is pure SCI-Fi, and unrelated to the word of God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG of course I was just stating what I believe is correct. It is that it is how God works. I thought it a good idea that people don't underestimate Satan and believe he is bound away.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People may post whatever they want to.

For me, I personally believe Satan has been done away with.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Satan's most favorite thing to do is pretending to be God and misguiding people into false beliefs. He does that well which is something I have experienced him attempting to do in my own life. And I have heard many others that he misleads also in posts on forums.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize not everyone believes the same things though right?

Perhaps you are just trying to let others know your view that Satan is still here now, and you have done so by sharing your subjective beliefs, just as I myself believe he has been done away with.

You have made your beliefs known, @devin553344 it’s okay.

People are allow to have freedom to think for themselves and check the Bible and test all things by the Holy Spirit.

Continue to post if you so choose so. It doesn’t bother me personally, just remember not everyone is going to see things the same way and the main thing is that because of these differences we are called to love one another.

May God get the glory.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following scripture illustrates that Satan was cast out of heaven at the time of Christ's ascension, he has come 'down' unto you. Something spelled out in the book of Revelation and testified of by the Apostles of Christ, seeing him cast out of heaven and come down like lightning.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there would be no evil or sin .
Some one or some thing is filling this role:

Ephesians 2:2-3 KJV
2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

To be sure, I think that so long as we have corrupt flesh that we live in, sin remains something we must fight. I feel pretty sure just my own flesh is enough to get me into trouble!

But still, there's a "power of the air", described as "the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience", and that power has a prince, archon.

Manipulating the unbelievers.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about James?

When he said people are lead away by their own desires and when it done it gives birth to sin?

People really do give way to much power to the devil, who becomes defeated in Revelation it is really sad to actually see people believe that Jesus has not even defeated him.

But hey people can believe what they want to right?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

James doesn’t say anything about being tempted by Satan here…

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen I don’t mind how anyone believes and I try my best to allow people to believe what they want to because they are going to anyway.

However with Marks use of now in Ephesians that Paul wrote to Ephesians, your right, he was the prince of the power of the air until he was defeated.

Ephesians was written around 60-62 Ad which some people may not really care or find that type of information useful (so that now was a while ago), also to include Revelation which many people “say” was written in 90ads which really could be seen as written before the coming destruction of Jerusalem perhaps 68-69 Ad, you have all of revelation wrapped up and the devil defeated, along the false prophet, and the beast.

Does this mean there is nothing more to fight against? According to James we as human beings by our own desires cause us to fall short, and there is darkness in this world we have to fight (such as spirit of hatred, spirit of unbelief, spirit of murderous thoughts, spirit of lust, spirit of greed, spirit of lasciviousness, spirit of maliciousness, spirit of being judgmental towards others, spirit of not forgiving our enemies) it’s just like when people are young in school saying “teen spirit”, and the school I went to was called Fyffe “Red Devils”.

So as mentioned before what you believe is what you believe I respect people and your beliefs and whatever it is you will decide for yourself to believe I love you regardless, even you have multiple groups of people that agree with you.

I believe Satan has been done away with, and what is the harm in believing that Jesus Christ has overcome all things? Is it really harmful to others?

Probably the aspect of him having already returned does because it takes rid of the whole “grand scheme of one’s own subjective belief” to see Jesus return and set the world right and get rid of all the evil.

The truth is as human beings we are sinful and can cause evil, Jesus returned and got his bride in the same amount of evil that is now here, then but was x100 worse for the first century Christian’s but no one ever mentions them.

So do we still wrestle with darkness? Yes.
Do we still wrestle with our souls (mind/will/emotions)? Absolutely.
Is Satan having any effect since being defeated in Revelation? No.
Will you have your “return experience”? Sure when one dies.
Will the the kingdom of God ever stop increasing? No
Will people always live on earth and be able to make the decision to believe on the Lord Yeshua who died, was buried and raised again? Always.
Does these beliefs conflict with others beliefs? Yes that is why the faith is subjective and between you and God.

You wanna still believe Jesus is coming to rectify the world? Go ahead.
You wanna still believe The devil is in control of everything go ahead.

I love you the same, as Jesus would, and go eat some food with you and listen to you about whatever it is you got going in and even pray with you. Because God is good, we are to live by the spirit in faith and live and love God first and love others.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

James doesn’t say anything about being tempted by Satan here…
He didn't say anything at all about the source of the temptation, whether this or that. So we shouldn't make an argument from that silence.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Satan has been done away with, and what is the harm in believing that Jesus Christ has overcome all things? Is it really harmful to others?

1 Peter 5:8 KJV
8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Are you being vigilant? Or has the time of vigilance passed? We live in a certain reality, and if we recognize our real state of being, isn't that a benefit than if we are mistaken?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do we still wrestle with darkness? Yes.
Do we still wrestle with our souls (mind/will/emotions)? Absolutely.
Is Satan having any effect since being defeated in Revelation? No.

Ephesians 6:11-13 KJV
11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh like I said you can use scripture for your defensive that you believe Satan is still in this world. From Revelation it seems to me that Jesus has conquered over Him.

You believe what you want, okay @marks?

I love you too either way it goes. People can believe how they choose to live, however in my opinion of course it’s just an opinion living a life with the full view of Yeshua Christ having the victory is much more peaceful.

Many just dont believe because Human beings create so much evil in the world and fighting and everything they believe Satan is behind it…

They even believe people are demons.

It’s very sad but whatever they wanna do it between them and God.

May God get the glory… not me, for all he had done in and through his son reconciling the world back to himself and getting rid of Satan, the beast and the false prophet in that day in age.