Bishop Fulton Sheen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would any one want to talk about Bishop Fulton Sheen.
It's good to see him on u tube.
He points out about the Devil and the works of Satan well, not to mention how and why the world is turning it's back on God and the lukewarm Christians.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am sure Bishop Sheen would go to town on Pope Frances.

I just watch Sheen talk about the workings of the Devil.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What's to talk about? He was a committed Roman Catholic and held to all their beliefs. Unless one is an apologist for the RCC, there is nothing to be gained.

Wow, just wow...

Have ever listened to him before you made such an ignorant statement?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have ever listened to him before you made such an ignorant statement?
Why would I waste time listening to a Catholic bishop, or even the Pope? They are the ones responsible for perpetrating and perpetuating false doctrines and false practices.

In his Mystical Body of Christ, he said this: "For the Church, her head is visibly present on earth as the Pope. Her soul is the Holy Spirit, the vivifying, energizing principle of life. And the source of her unity is the Eucharist...Another implication concerns Mary. If Mary is the Mother of Christ’s human body, then she must naturally be the Mother of the Church, his Mystical Body. And since all Christians are incorporated into that Mystical Body, then the Mother of the Redeemer is also the Mother of the Redeemed. Her role in the Church today, [Sheen writes], is just as active as her role in the Incarnation. Mary continues channeling her Son’s grace to us, and for that reason, all Christians should draw close to her aid."

Evangelical Christians would almost totally reject this concept (the exception being the Holy Spirit).

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And that would be their loss...
Actually it is your loss if you still adhere to this system of False Christianity, which elevates Mary to the level of God, calling her Queen of Heaven (and giving her many other false attributes and positions).

Those who truly believe the Bible, and truly believe God and Christ, come out of this system, which Mary herself would reject.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually it is your loss if you still adhere to this system of False Christianity, which elevates Mary to the level of God, calling her Queen of Heaven (and giving her many other false attributes and positions).

Those who truly believe the Bible, and truly believe God and Christ, come out of this system, which Mary herself would reject.

We do not elevate Mary to the level of God. God and God alone is given latria..

That other Christians do not avail themselves of the prayers of holy men and women that have gone before them is indeed their loss...

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful.

Peace!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT? A thread on Bishop Sheen?!
I will never forget the feel of his hands....I still joke they felt like a banker's hands...;)
Never did a day of hard labor in his life! Like butter. Lol!
I say with deep affection'. xoxo

Brilliant, brilliant, clever man...a wordsmith....his insights were either given or
just came to him from his God given mind, period...either way...

I have some anecdote's of this bright, shining man...I will keep to myself, tho.
They would seem trite to others..but him looking into my eyes and joking from 2 ft away...his
light was like a twinkle.
~~~~~~
I know people feel close to Mary like an intercessor...ha, as sometimes a mom can be,
'Mom, could you ask dad if I could take the care tonight?"
You, don't have to go thru your mom...but, you can, never-the-less.

I know no one that places her as equal to God...but...I DO know it
could look like that 'looking thru the window'.
And yet, no matter how often I explain that...it does not seem to change that concept a person may have.

Tell me, anyone here...did it change your idea?
Thanks

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 of lives greatest joys is loving someone that no one loves---Bishop Sheen....paraphrase, sorry

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something to this day, inspired by Bishop Sheen's understanding....if someone tries to explain something to me...and I can not understand one lick of their explanation ...I secretly say to myself...'They really don't understand it well themselves if they can't explain it easily."

He said something about if you can't make a child understand it...you don't understand it...
cuz, I am told a bunch of cubbledeegook or psycho-spiritual babble across a lunch table so many times...and I go, huh?
Sure, maybe they had some experience....but they didn't understand the experience.
It happens often if someone got inspired by a pastor's sermon and they want me to go to their church ...
but they didn't digest the deep meaning of it...so they parrot it...so, when I ask more about it ...they stutter and sputter...and lose their high....thinking I am the cause....um, no, I wasn't...
I just asked a ques you could not answer, my friend.

Inspiration over words is wonderful...now own the words, make them your own.
(Don't just spout something you heard you thought was cool beans.)

I went on and on...I do that...