Bitcoin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With all the madness going around Bitcoin at the moment, I thought i would share this, I came across it on Facebook.

Jeramiah Johnson

"Bitcoin... The emails are flooding in asking me if I have a “prophetic word” concerning it.

No prophetic word. I just have a really bad feeling about it in my spirit and keep hearing the word “crash”. No prophetic word though.

Although for many people, everything I say and do is taken as prophetic. Bitcoin... Meh... I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole..."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
couldn't possibly do any worse than the $, which has already crashed over 99%
but at least they're anonymous, unlike BTC

he keeps hearing the word "crash" from ppl invested in dollars, lol. ironic

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, nothing is touchable anymore except by God. who is in control of all currency be it actual or digital, it makes no difference. I guess many have read the Nostradamus predictions for 2018 about a crash. I guess that's what the markets go around, predictions. common sense tells us, nothing stays the same, change is coming. but how and to what degree is that change, no one know but God. he use to send prophets to warn "HIS PEOPLE" before a change or a disaster come. just as in the OP, Jeramiah Johnson, "No prophetic word. I just have a really bad feeling about it in my spirit and keep hearing the word “crash”. No prophetic word though". well let's see how many prophets come out of the wood work on this one. I'll be watching this thread also. not for any world changes in the markets, but the many so-called prophets who will make predictions in the name of the Lord Jesus. this concerns me more that the market itself.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

P.S. but all have a 50-50 chance of being right, or utterly wrong.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all the madness going around Bitcoin at the moment, I thought i would share this, I came across it on Facebook.

Jeramiah Johnson

"Bitcoin... The emails are flooding in asking me if I have a “prophetic word” concerning it.

No prophetic word. I just have a really bad feeling about it in my spirit and keep hearing the word “crash”. No prophetic word though.

Although for many people, everything I say and do is taken as prophetic. Bitcoin... Meh... I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole..."

Bitcoin has been on my suspect list considering I expect the economy to eventually go fully digital or cashless. Its been on many Christians radar for a while in relation to the mark of the beast. If the beast is to coerce the world into taking his mark by economic means, then I really don't see how this could ever be possible unless the medium of exchange is put in a global database and made entirely cashless. It will be easier to prohibit anyone from buying or selling if you can deny them access to their own account. Will such a system end up being bitcoin? Perhaps, but I still think we are a ways away from seeing a totally cashless economic system.

GINOLJC, nothing is touchable anymore except by God. who is in control of all currency be it actual or digital, it makes no difference. I guess many have read the Nostradamus predictions for 2018 about a crash. I guess that's what the markets go around, predictions. common sense tells us, nothing stays the same, change is coming. but how and to what degree is that change, no one know but God. he use to send prophets to warn "HIS PEOPLE" before a change or a disaster come. just as in the OP, Jeramiah Johnson, "No prophetic word. I just have a really bad feeling about it in my spirit and keep hearing the word “crash”. No prophetic word though". well let's see how many prophets come out of the wood work on this one. I'll be watching this thread also. not for any world changes in the markets, but the many so-called prophets who will make predictions in the name of the Lord Jesus. this concerns me more that the market itself.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

P.S. but all have a 50-50 chance of being right, or utterly wrong.

I was surprised you didn't use the verse below to back your statement on God's sovereignty over the worlds economic affairs.

(Revelation 6:5-6) "And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. {6} And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine."

So here it is prophesied that an eventual global crash is to come as apart of Gods judgement, showing that its ultimately God that is in control. I am fully expecting such a crash, such an economic downturn to be used as their excuse to base the entire economic system on a digital currency. Satan's motto is order out of chaos after all. Out of the chaos will come more control, more centralization.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Cryptocurrencies are just alternative digital currencies, they are based and backed by nothing. The best thing about bitcoin is that governments can't tax or regulate those who buy and sale using bitcoin instead of government backed currencies.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bitcoin has been on my suspect list considering I expect the economy to eventually go fully digital or cashless. Its been on many Christians radar for a while in relation to the mark of the beast. If the beast is to coerce the world into taking his mark by economic means, then I really don't see how this could ever be possible unless the medium of exchange is put in a global database and made entirely cashless. It will be easier to prohibit anyone from buying or selling if you can deny them access to their own account. Will such a system end up being bitcoin? Perhaps, but I still think we are a ways away from seeing a totally cashless economic system.

Well this may be the start of something, but at the moment, Bitcoin..... it's too expensive, it's not ideal, not many people will accept bitcoin at the shops, if bitcoin crashes, will it pick itself back up? We don't know, because a lot of people will see it as a massive failure if bitcoin crashes, and a quite a number of investors could lose thousands and thousands, so then bitcoin loses it's trust from many people. And I'm someone who doesn't wish for the economy to go cashless, I'm a good saver, I don't have a credit card, but you see how much people have trouble with credit cards already, could you imagine how much more problems other people can have if the economy goes cashless?

But if the world wants a cashless economy then that's sad, because there's no real value in a number on a computer screen, at the moment it sounds crazy, it's just a number, there would probably a big increase in frauds, because the value of digital currency basically is what number is typed there, it's just a number on a screen, and if you got quite a bit of know how around the net, once you get past all security, making a buck would be as easier than ever, say Jack has 100 bitcoin, he just needs to add in a 0 to make it 1000 bitcoin, of course they would be toughening up the security all the time though, to avoid cases like that, but..........., you never know, coding is becoming a big thing at schools, kids are learning a lot more than ever on how to make stuff digitally from scratch, and not everyone of them is going to use their skills for the right thing, maybe 1 out of 1000 may end using their coding skills doing the wrong thing, maybe less, maybe more.

But that's just a guess on what a cashless world could look like, wait 10 - 30 years down the track and see what happens.

If some anti-christ beast rises up in any of our lifetimes haha, will we see Christians go back to barter system? Horses and buggys? Camel trains & donkeys? Yee yee, well it could be some fun, I would quite like that actually, haha. Or maybe there will be a heap of Christian car, bike, atv, boat manufacturers and we can have a transportable factory, that can be moved around like the tabernacle. Or who knows what God will do, maybe in those days, God will say, oi you pick up that rock and throw it in the water, and it turns into a boat, or pick up that stick and strike the ground with it and it will turn into a horse or an ATV or bike. Ah well there's the fun side of things. :D

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was surprised you didn't use the verse below to back your statement on God's sovereignty over the worlds economic affairs.

So here it is prophesied that an eventual global crash is to come as apart of Gods judgement, showing that its ultimately God that is in control. I am fully expecting such a crash, such an economic downturn to be used as their excuse to base the entire economic system on a digital currency. Satan's motto is order out of chaos after all. Out of the chaos will come more control, more centralization.
GINOLJC, to all. I know that God is in control, and more rights of people are been taken away. centralization has been here, and controlling the masses right now. there is nothing new about the penny on the dollar, nor a pending doom or crash. even if a Global market crashes, all currency whether physical or digital must be backed by actual worth, either gold, sliver or sothing other of value ... which bitcoin have none, hence the more controls as you said. having said that, I'm more reminded of these Revelation scriptures. Revelation 13:11-18 "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six".

BUY or SELL, this is what Bitcoin can do digitally. I have a belief on what and who this is, but I'll hold it for now.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Satan's motto is order out of chaos after all.
really? i did not know this, thought it was like...freemasonry or something? so, pretty close anyway i guess, but that is really just judging, right, i mean is there any Scriptural support for that? It's def a description of "Hegelian Dialectic," i notice. i'd love to locate the supporting vv though, will be something like his dialecticism @ Eve or something, maybe? ("you will not die; your eyes will be opened") hmm, close, but not quite, i guess.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So here it is prophesied that an eventual global crash is to come as apart of Gods judgement
So here it is prophesied that an eventual global crash is to come as a part of our actions

of course i'm sure you prolly would agree, i'm just posting that bc it is good to manipulate one's perceptions @ these

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cryptocurrencies are just alternative digital currencies, they are based and backed by nothing. The best thing about bitcoin is that governments can't tax or regulate those who buy and sale using bitcoin instead of government backed currencies.
well, for now, right; a law is all it would take for that, seems to me. I see nothing preventing a Gov from doing either by...fiat, lol, whenever they wanted to; and not entirely sure what def of "regulate" you are using there, but it should be reiterated that BTC is inherently more "regulatable" in a certain sense than even cash is, right now, cash being the more anonymous. Of course not in another.

Satoshi's BTC has never been touched; not sure what to make of that. Of course spending any of it would provide a path right to his door though

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Bitcoin..... it's too expensive
ok, this is a really poor characterization imo, a single BTC started out at zero worth, and then went to a penny, etc, so if it is going up, and the $ is going down (whenever the price of things increases iow, generally speaking; no other index is...unmanipulated), then "price" is not a factor at all, even though i get why it seems to be. But fwiw i tell you that BTC @ $16.5k is as cheap as it is going to be for the foreseeable future, and it is not a stock so a "crash" just has different metrics, being it's used as a store of value, and consider how ironic it is to discuss a "crash" of a fiat that cannot be manipulated, when you are in a manipulated fiat that has already crashed over 99%.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
coding is becoming a big thing at schools, kids are learning a lot more than ever on how to make stuff digitally from scratch, and not everyone of them is going to use their skills for the right thing, maybe 1 out of 1000 may end using their coding skills doing the wrong thing, maybe less, maybe more.
you cannot code into a blockchain, to put your mind at ease there; a 51% attack is the only way

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
every day that you even hold a dollar, you are getting robbed, Josho. You need what prolly 10% apr to stay even lol
Well why don't we look at it another way, we could call it donating money to the government, councils, vicroads, banks, insurance companies, etc. hahaha

It's only money, well at least that's what they all say hahaha, but yes it's only money. It's not pieces of silver or gold like the old days, and even then that's just pieces of silver and gold.

Bitcoin though we will just have to wait and see. With what happens.

51% attacks well I'm gonna go give that a try, and see if the cops come after me.. Maybe not, maybe you can go try it. haha. I had never even heard of the term "51% attack" til you said it. o_O

But see there are people out there who have a great computer knowledge that's growing rapidly, their knowledge expands to more in the cyber word than just coding,they might know a lot on hacking, they might know quite a lot on fighting viruses, spyware, ransomwares, etc, and people are learning more and more about skills deep in the deep web, deep in the hard drive, deep into software, the quantity of cyber criminals might not be increasing, but the knowledge is growing faster than most people can keep up.

If kids can make pretty detailed mods for video games, and can set up a server from a vps from scratch, navigate their way through the complicated Linux language, I'm sure they know how to do other things. I have modified an already made mod for Call of Duty 1 in the past, but it was only a minor change, the compass and the cross hairs i modified, and that's nothing compared to what others know how to do on the computer. Have I ever managed to set up a website from scratch no way...... Did i learn how to use Linux well? Well i had too google how to install programs on Linux hahha, it was a very hard OS to use, did i ever successfully make a cod server from typing in console on a vps(virtual private server)? no...... it was so complicated. Did i manage to make my own security software program successfully, when i had no security? Not even that, that again was too complicated. But people know these things and heaps more and they are growing in cyber knowledge very rapidly.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But people know these things and heaps more and they are growing in cyber knowledge very rapidly.
true. a big vulnerability with BTC has been that while ledger hanky panky won't work, you gotta store your wallet key somewhere, and if that can be found, your BTC is gone. Of course it can be traced, but that is rather tedious i guess, and not in anyone else's interest to do, unless another crime was committed using it; but they'll get a handle on that too imo.

BTC Futures open today i guess? At the "real" Stock Exchange? should be interesting

Reactions: Josho

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bitcoin sounds like a working model that could prove cashless can be trusted. if the super rich use it and trust it and it has proved worthy then the next step can take place. the free worlder's will jump right in. they basically have already. if you pay any attention you might notice that people use their cards for the smallest of transactions. they are of the mindset of not using cash already. Christians screaming devils doing on the mark is probably the only thing that would keep it in check.

the mark on the hand or forehead is excellent because all transaction would have to be made by the owner of the account, and would have to be alive in the case of the forehead but anything could happen in the case of automated transactions. all transactions can be fast and easy. security, as in ID theft would be eliminated, and who is where. airport passenger traffic would move smoothly again. no one gets into your abode but you, or your children. everything children do can be tracked by the parent. its warm and fuzzy already isn't it. it would have many personal benefits and governmental benefits such as taxing transactions, and tracking transactions. simple things like car theft would drop. crime in general.

if you ask me its a matter of when it will be doable socially, considering these idiots stand in line for days just to get the first I-phone. what would they do for a chip implant that actually functions in ever day life. I mean your credit cards have chips in them, the magnetic strip is so yesterday, old school, obsolete. considering the Christian influence which is by the way eroding exponentially, it won't be long at all. if the Jews in Israel scream about it, the secular gentile world won't care. the demonization of Israel is also in progress.

no matter what you think of trump, he wants the US to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel by moving the US embassy there, and the world and the US politician is in a tizzy over it. why?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is true, right now, until.... because there are plans in the making now to attache ID to those Private Cryptocurrencies keys. and two I'm now wondering how net neutrality rules will affect the Cryptocurrencies market on the individual, or as said, the small person.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.