Blended Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious Christian Church is (and has been since the RCC came into existence) teaching a blended, harmonized gospel that takes what Jesus and His Apostles preached to the Jews which included the Law and what Paul preached for the grace Church that excluded the Law and mixes them together. These teachings were never meant to be blended, harmonized together. When you do it you destroy both messages. The scriptures teach we are to “rightly divide the word of truth,” not blend it together.

Galatians 2:3-5
3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.
4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),
5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
NKJV note: “bring us into bondage.”

Let me make it clear that all the scriptures are written FOR US, but not all are written TO US. --- Jesus’ message was to the Jews and under the law, not under grace. Paul’s message was to the grace Church.

I get depressed when I hear the blended gospel being taught. It is a gospel fostered by the devil. I have opposed it on forums for years and have been asked to leave because of my objections to it. Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles because the Gentiles were never promised a kingdom on this earth. The following scriptures support my view.

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5-7 and Matt 15:23-24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all that was written of Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8.

HOWEVER; This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross.

But that purpose was “hidden in God” and not revealed until it was revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. The grace gospel was not in existence until Paul taught it. See Eph. 3:9 and Col. 1:26.

The Parable of the Wedding Feast; (Matt. 22: 1-10)

1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said:
2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son,
3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."'
5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business.
6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them.
7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
NKJV

We, today, are only invited because the Jews rejected Jesus as their king. God will not let what His Son did on the cross go without results.

This is what I believe.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Paul said...

1 Tim 1:8-11
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
KJV

Don't you realize that by that Paul made teaching against many of the sins outlayed in the OT a part of NT doctrine, to know the difference between walking by The Spirit vs. walking by our flesh?

Paul did the same thing again in Galatians 5, recalling sins first mentioned in God's laws in the OT as a way to know when we are walking by our flesh.

Is that some "blended" gospel? God forbid, no.

I think I recognize you. You have been caught on other forums preaching the false Ultra-Dispensationalist doctrine of men that preaches there are TWO GOSPELS, one for Israel and another for Gentiles. That's why you were booted off other forums.

You said:
"Let me make it clear that all the scriptures are written FOR US, but not all are written TO US. --- Jesus’ message was to the Jews and under the law, not under grace. Paul’s message was to the grace Church."

Our Lord Jesus' Message of The Gospel He preached to Israel is the SAME Gospel His Apostles preached and that Apostle Paul preached. It's because there is ONLY ONE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

You said:
"Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles because the Gentiles were never promised a kingdom on this earth."

Yes, Apostle Paul did... preach the kingdom to Gentiles, and yes they are included in Christ's future earthly Kingdom, because His future Kingdom is part of The ONE Gospel:

Eph 5:5
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
KJV

Dispensationalism is about men's doctrine of a pre-trib rapture of the Church prior to the tribulation, and that the Church is in heaven with Jesus during the tribulation, and that the Church stays in heaven during Christ's thousand years reign while flesh Israel is on earth with an earthly kingdom. THAT... is NOT... what The Word of God teaches at all!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Paul said...

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
KJV

Don't you realize that by that Paul made teaching against many of the sins outlayed in the OT a part of NT doctrine, to know the difference between walking by The Spirit vs. walking by our flesh?

Paul did the same thing again in Galatians 5, recalling sins first mentioned in God's laws in the OT as a way to know when we are walking by our flesh.

Is that some "blended" gospel? God forbid, no.

I think I recognize you. You have been caught on other forums preaching the false Ultra-Dispensationalist doctrine of men that preaches there are TWO GOSPELS, one for Israel and another for Gentiles. That's why you were booted off other forums.

You said:
"Let me make it clear that all the scriptures are written FOR US, but not all are written TO US. --- Jesus’ message was to the Jews and under the law, not under grace. Paul’s message was to the grace Church."

Our Lord Jesus' Message of The Gospel He preached to Israel is the SAME Gospel His Apostles preached and that Apostle Paul preached. It's because there is ONLY ONE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

You said:
"Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles because the Gentiles were never promised a kingdom on this earth."

Yes, Apostle Paul did... preach the kingdom to Gentiles, and yes they are included in Christ's future earthly Kingdom, because His future Kingdom is part of The ONE Gospel:

Eph 5:5
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
KJV

Dispensationalism is about men's doctrine of a pre-trib rapture of the Church prior to the tribulation, and that the Church is in heaven with Jesus during the tribulation, and that the Church stays in heaven during Christ's thousand years reign while flesh Israel is on earth with an earthly kingdom. THAT... is NOT... what The Word of God teaches at all!

Really? Explain the difference in walking in the flesh and walking in the spirit. Also explain Gal.3:3-6

Gal 3:3-6
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
NKJV

Rom 8:1-14
Free from Indwelling Sin 8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Sonship Through the Spirit 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors — not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
NKJV

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Everything after Pentecost us supposed to be by the Spirit, and the law is not our judge, not unless "you" choose to remain under it, since it was never given to you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

and that is why so many christians have trouble with sin, because they dont believe in Him and His works,

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Explain the difference in walking in the flesh and walking in the spirit. Also explain Gal.3:3-6

Paul explained it perfectly:

Gal 5:16
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulful the lust of the flesh.
KJV

Gal 5:18
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

KJV

IF... is the condition Paul made, not I.

IF... we be led of The Holy Spirit, we will do the good things of The Spirit, of which there is no law against.

But... IF... we do NOT walk in The Spirit, then what? It means we will be doing the works of the flesh, of which God's laws are against. And Paul outlayed some of them...

Gal 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
KJV

Those sins are against Christ Jesus, and they are still against God's laws.

In early Christian civilization, most all of those works of the flesh included penalties executed by the authorities in power, some often jailed for it. Murder is still a jailable offence, so is drunkenness, revellings, seditions, etc. If by strife Paul means riot, like inciting a riot, that's an offence that can get you arrested. Perjury, which Paul mentioned in 1 Timothy 1 is a jailable offence.

IF... we walk by The Spirit, then we are not under the law, because to do the good things of The Spirit there is no law against. It's that simple.

Thus nowhere... did Apostle Paul teach that all of God's laws are dead. He taught we become dead to the law if we be in Christ Jesus and walk by The Spirit.

The reason why Paul said the law is good...

1 Tim 1:8
KJV

... is because that is what is used to keep peace for God's people so that we might have joy among ourselves. Those who hate righteousness, the law is upon them.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything after Pentecost us supposed to be by the Spirit, and the law is not our judge, not unless "you" choose to remain under it, since it was never given to you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

and that is why so many christians have trouble with sin, because they dont believe in Him and His works,

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Paul explained the purpose for God's laws in 1 Timothy 1. And he also explained that if... we walk by The Spirit, then we are not under the law. Walk by the flesh instead, and we place ourselves back under it.

Ex: A Christian man goes out on his wife with another woman and she with witnesses catches him in the act.
By the law, which our Lord Jesus agreed, the wife can put away her husband for fornication if she so chooses, both legally in the court and in the eyes of God (Matt.5:32). Thus the penalty for adultery per God's law is still on the legal system books, just as many others of God's laws still are.

That's an example a Christian marriage with the possibility of being broken up because of the husband not walking by The Spirit, but walking by his flesh, doing the works of the flesh. Can he still be saved, will Jesus forgive him if he asks? Jesus said He forgives all manner of sin, except blasphemy against The Holy Spirit.

So who is it that would want to try and destroy God's laws which are actually a protection upon His people? Those who want to do that are not of God.

Like Paul said, the law is good, and we aren't under it IF we walk by The Spirit.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like Paul said, the law is good, and we aren't under it IF we walk by The Spirit.
The only "law" we are under is Love. love covers it all, those who walk not in Love need teh law, you know, those bad people. The"Law" was given to the Israelites by Moses, and yet here we see '"christians" trying to steal something that is no theres,

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
Act 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

The devil loves laying burdens on men as do men who refuse than to carry the same.

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

such is the curse of teh religious upon Gods people.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul explained it perfectly:

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulful the lust of the flesh.
KJV

KJV

IF... is the condition Paul made, not I.

IF... we be led of The Holy Spirit, we will do the good things of The Spirit, of which there is no law against.

But... IF... we do NOT walk in The Spirit, then what? It means we will be doing the works of the flesh, of which God's laws are against. And Paul outlayed some of them...

Gal 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, C
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
KJV

Those sins are against Christ Jesus, and they are still against God's laws.

In early Christian civilization, most all of those works of the flesh included penalties executed by the authorities in power, some often jailed for it. Murder is still a jailable offence, so is drunkenness, revellings, seditions, etc. If by strife Paul means riot, like inciting a riot, that's an offence that can get you arrested. Perjury, which Paul mentioned in 1 Timothy 1 is a jailable offence.

IF... we walk by The Spirit, then we are not under the law, because to do the good things of The Spirit there is no law against. It's that simple.

Thus nowhere... did Apostle Paul teach that all of God's laws are dead. He taught we become dead to the law if we be in Christ Jesus and walk by The Spirit.

The reason why Paul said the law is good...

1 Tim 1:8
KJV

... is because that is what is used to keep peace for God's people so that we might have joy among ourselves. Those who hate righteousness, the law is upon them.

I think you had better focus on the part where it lists hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions,

You do not have a clue as what it means to walk in the spirit. To you it means walking under the law.

Spirit has no physical, material substance. Faith, belief, trust, confidence have no physical material substance. Those of faith are walking in the spirit. You are walking in the flesh since you feel you have to do flesh activities to be saved.

By the way, do you realize that it has always been those of religion that have persecuted the children of God? It was the religious that killed and imprisoned the profits of the OT. It was the religious that had Jesus killed. It was the religious that stoned Stephens to death. It was the religious that persecuted Paul with imprisonment, the whip, stoning and trying to get those under grace to go back under the law.

You have shown by your reply to me that you would do those same things to me if you could. IMO you do not display any concern for others much less any love for others and those on this forum will soon see you for who you are.

Reactions: FHII

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only "law" we are under is Love. love covers it all, those who walk not in Love need teh law, you know, those bad people. The"Law" was given to the Israelites by Moses, and yet here we see '"christians" trying to steal something that is no theres,....

IF we walk by The Spirit, doing the works of The Spirit, of which love is one of those works, then yes, then we are not under the law, for the law is for the unrighteous, for the ungodly, like Apostle Paul said (Gal.5; 1 Timothy 1).

Apostle Paul IN NO WAY did away with God's laws. Nor did our Lord Jesus nail all of God's laws to His cross, but only the ordinances in the law dealing with religious ritual, blood ordinances like sacrifices, basically the old ceremonial worship and strict observances...

Col 2:13-14
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;

KJV

Eph 2:15
15 Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

KJV

Even in the following verse, Paul is not doing away with God's laws:

Rom 13:9-10
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
KJV

"briefly comprehended" does not mean 'done away with'. Loving thy neighbor as thyself is actually a commandment in God's laws, so how is it that even Apostle Paul taught that from God's laws to Christians???

It's because God's laws are not done away with, and they have a place among God's people, not just for Israelites, but for all of Christian society. Paul showed the law is for the sinner, the unrighteous (1 Timothy 1), and that is Christian doctrine. That is why even today in the Christian nations many of God's laws are still upheld in their courts of law.

So who would hate this doctrine that God's laws still exist among Christian society, since it is Christian doctrine from the Apostle Paul? - simple, those who want to tear down western society, the Christian Church and thus Christian society - anarchists, radical Islam, communist-socialists, Luciferians, the synagogue of Satan.

Those are the ones who keep trying to preach that God's laws are dead since Jesus died on the cross. It's the other way around per New Testament Scripture; WE are dead to the law IF we walk by The Spirit. Do the works of the flesh and you put yourself back under God's laws, even in a Christian society.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
IF we walk by The Spirit, doing the works of The Spirit, of which love is one of those works, then yes, then we are not under the law, for the law is for the unrighteous, for the ungodly, like Apostle Paul said (Gal.5; 1 Timothy 1).

Apostle Paul IN NO WAY did away with God's laws. Nor did our Lord Jesus nail all of God's laws to His cross, but only the ordinances in the law dealing with religious ritual, blood ordinances like sacrifices, basically the old ceremonial worship and strict observances...

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;

KJV

15 Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

KJV

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
KJV

"briefly comprehended" does not mean 'done away with'. Loving thy neighbor as thyself is actually a commandment in God's laws, so how is it that even Apostle Paul taught that from God's laws to Christians???

It's because God's laws are not done away with, and they have a place among God's people, not just for Israelites, but for all of Christian society. Paul showed the law is for the sinner, the unrighteous (1 Timothy 1), and that is Christian doctrine. That is why even today in the Christian nations many of God's laws are still upheld in their courts of law.

So who would hate this doctrine that God's laws still exist among Christian society, since it is Christian doctrine from the Apostle Paul? - simple, those who want to tear down western society, the Christian Church and thus Christian society - anarchists, radical Islam, communist-socialists, Luciferians, the synagogue of Satan.

Those are the ones who keep trying to preach that God's laws are dead since Jesus died on the cross. It's the other way around per New Testament Scripture; WE are dead to the law IF we walk by The Spirit. Do the works of the flesh and you put yourself back under God's laws, even in a Christian society.
You're right Davy.
There were three types of law observed in the OT...
Civil
Ceremonial
Moral

The moral law will always be in effect.
Mathew 5:17

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you had better focus on the part where it lists hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions,

You do not have a clue as what it means to walk in the spirit. To you it means walking under the law.

Well, by saying that it makes you a deceiver then, because Apostle Paul clearly taught that IF we walk by The Spirit, then we are not under the law (Gal.5).

The Spirit Apostle Paul was talking about is The Holy Spirit. Walking by The Holy Spirit means to heed God's laws being led of The Holy Spirit. It establishes God's laws within us, which is one of the things God promised in The New Covenant:

Heb 8:10
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people:

KJV

How is that NOT... about walking according to God's laws that He said He would put in our minds and hearts per that New Covenant? That is exactly... what The Holy Spirit shows us to do when we walk by The Spirit. Is there ANY OTHER SET OF LAWS The Holy Spirit would teach us??? NO! of course not.

Spirit has no physical, material substance. Faith, belief, trust, confidence have no physical material substance. Those of faith are walking in the spirit. You are walking in the flesh since you feel you have to do flesh activities to be saved.

You say those of Faith are walking "in the spirit" (lower case). I say false! Those in Christ walk "in the Spirit" (upper case, meaning The Holy Spirit), for there is a difference:

KJV

KJV

An idea like yours, walking "in the spirit" and even with your mentioning with it "no physical, material substance", reveals you have yet to properly understand Jesus sending us The Holy Spirit Comforter, you not realizing how He works in helping us to stay away from the sins of the flesh. We can choose to listen to The Holy Spirit warning us when faced with a sin set before us, or not to listen and do the sin. The difference with those not of Faith is The Holy Spirit Comforter is not with them.

And The Holy Spirit's warnings will always... align with God's laws.

By the way, do you realize that it has always been those of religion that have persecuted the children of God? It was the religious that killed and imprisoned the profits of the OT. It was the religious that had Jesus killed. It was the religious that stoned Stephens to death. It was the religious that persecuted Paul with imprisonment, the whip, stoning and trying to get those under grace to go back under the law.

You don't understand what God's laws are for, even though Apostle Paul explained it, yet you REFUSE to listen to him! Read and heed 1 Timothy 1 again by Apostle Paul, especially where he said the law is good, if a man use it lawfully. Do you even know what Paul meant by that idea of using the law "lawfully"? Obviously not!

KJV

You have shown by your reply to me that you would do those same things to me if you could. IMO you do not display any concern for others much less any love for others and those on this forum will soon see you for who you are.

I'm not a Jew, if that's what you're trying to say. I'm heeding Christian Doctrine from Apostle Paul about this subject of walking by The Holy Spirit. You are not. It's because you believe in walking by another "spirit" (lower case), and that is why you hate the idea of God's laws which are to protect God's people, even those of Faith, from the unrighteous and ungodly.

You simply show falseness, and hatred of God's laws... even His laws which are STILL established among His people of Faith in Christian society and that are also shown us by The Holy Spirit. You have shown by your reply that you align with ANARCHISTS against Christ Jesus, for the Anarchist hates the idea of God's laws and any idea of government.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

KJV

KJV

Still trying to get God's children under the law aren't you. You don't keep the law and yet you want others to feel guilty when they can't keep them. You don't keep the law although you think you do. You came on my thread spouting your hate for me and then say you keep the commandment to love others. You're only deceiving yourself.

You refuse to accept that Jesus paid (atoned) for ALL the sins of the world. God has created a salvation that puts everyone on a level field. All a person has to do is have faith, trust, belief, and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross. He paid the price for mankind's sins on the cross but you and many others will not give Him the credit for doing so. You are doing what the Jews were doing to those under Paul's gospel of grace.

No one will say that trying to live at peace with others is not a good way to go but when some, like you, insist that a person has to keep laws in order to have salvation you refuse the work of the cross. Jesus shed His righteous blood and paid for mankind's sins and you, and others, just can't stand it. Salvation is the work of God.

KJV

But you don't believe it do you? But there are many on this forum that do.

KJV

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, by saying that it makes you a deceiver then, because Apostle Paul clearly taught that IF we walk by The Spirit, then we are not under the law (Gal.5).

The Spirit Apostle Paul was talking about is The Holy Spirit. Walking by The Holy Spirit means to heed God's laws being led of The Holy Spirit. It establishes God's laws within us, which is one of the things God promised in The New Covenant:

Heb 8:10
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people:

KJV

How is that NOT... about walking according to God's laws that He said He would put in our minds and hearts per that New Covenant? That is exactly... what The Holy Spirit shows us to do when we walk by The Spirit. Is there ANY OTHER SET OF LAWS The Holy Spirit would teach us??? NO! of course not.

You say those of Faith are walking "in the spirit" (lower case). I say false! Those in Christ walk "in the Spirit" (upper case, meaning The Holy Spirit), for there is a difference:

KJV

KJV

An idea like yours, walking "in the spirit" and even with your mentioning with it "no physical, material substance", reveals you have yet to properly understand Jesus sending us The Holy Spirit Comforter, you not realizing how He works in helping us to stay away from the sins of the flesh. We can choose to listen to The Holy Spirit warning us when faced with a sin set before us, or not to listen and do the sin. The difference with those not of Faith is The Holy Spirit Comforter is not with them.

And The Holy Spirit's warnings will always... align with God's laws.

You don't understand what God's laws are for, even though Apostle Paul explained it, yet you REFUSE to listen to him! Read and heed 1 Timothy 1 again by Apostle Paul, especially where he said the law is good, if a man use it lawfully. Do you even know what Paul meant by that idea of using the law "lawfully"? Obviously not!

KJV

I'm not a Jew, if that's what you're trying to say. I'm heeding Christian Doctrine from Apostle Paul about this subject of walking by The Holy Spirit. You are not. It's because you believe in walking by another "spirit" (lower case), and that is why you hate the idea of God's laws which are to protect God's people, even those of Faith, from the unrighteous and ungodly.

You simply show falseness, and hatred of God's laws... even His laws which are STILL established among His people of Faith in Christian society and that are also shown us by The Holy Spirit. You have shown by your reply that you align with ANARCHISTS against Christ Jesus, for the Anarchist hates the idea of God's laws and any idea of government.

So because I used a lower case letter I did not mean the Holy Spirit. Man do you have a problem!!

And you will not give Jesus the credit for paying for your sins.

A person walking in the SPIRIT is walking in faith that Jesus has already paid for their sins on the cross. Like I said a SPIRIT has no physical, material substance just as faith has no physical substance. A person trying to keep the law with physical works are walking in the flesh.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A warning brethren about some who have crept into Christ's Church to subvert and tear down Apostle Paul's teaching of what God's laws are for in a Christian society:

Those who hate Christ and His Church especially target the unlearned in God's Word with using the cross to preach lawlessness. Yes, that's what I said, lawlessness.

This is why today there are so many so-called Christian Churches preaching the lie that once we have believed on Jesus and been baptized that we can sin no more.

Many of those type Church congregations thus are not checking themselves, in so many words of their preachers they are told they don't have to check themselves for later sin, since they preach they can't sin anymore. Such a false teaching is a direct leading to destruction, and the crept in unawares who sneak into those kinds of Churches love it.

Communism especially loves it, because sneaking into the Christian Church in the western nations was a strategic point in their long-range 1958 plan for takeover of the West:

"27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with 'social religion'. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a 'religious crutch'." (The Naked Communist, by Cleon Skousen, 45 Communist goals)

In 1 Timothy 1, Apostle Paul explained, per Christian Doctrine, what God's laws were for, and that the law is good if used lawfully (i.e., without bias). Paul was clear that the law is not meant for the righteous, but for the sinner and ungodly, and he then named specific sins that first given in God's laws in the Old Testament Books. The Communist infiltraters into the Church of course hates what Paul taught there in 1 Timothy 1 about God's laws, because it goes against any idea of destroying God's laws among Christian society.

In other words, Paul even covered the sin of sodomy in that 1 Timothy 1 list.

Are there Christian Churches today that are allowing that sin? YES! Some Churches today have gay pastors.

1 Tim 1:9-10

KJV

Where did Apostle Paul get all that information about that law and those sins the lawless do? He got it from God's laws. Those are things he was warning us about, and some in the Church want to act like that part of Paul's Epistles don't even exist?!?

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
A warning brethren about some who have crept into Christ's Church to subvert and tear down Apostle Paul's teaching of what God's laws are for in a Christian society:

Those who hate Christ and His Church especially target the unlearned in God's Word with using the cross to preach lawlessness. Yes, that's what I said, lawlessness.

This is why today there are so many so-called Christian Churches preaching the lie that once we have believed on Jesus and been baptized that we can sin no more.

Many of those type Church congregations thus are not checking themselves, in so many words of their preachers they are told they don't have to check themselves for later sin, since they preach they can't sin anymore. Such a false teaching is a direct leading to destruction, and the crept in unawares who sneak into those kinds of Churches love it.

Communism especially loves it, because sneaking into the Christian Church in the western nations was a strategic point in their long-range 1958 plan for takeover of the West:

"27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with 'social religion'. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a 'religious crutch'." (The Naked Communist, by Cleon Skousen, 45 Communist goals)

In 1 Timothy 1, Apostle Paul explained, per Christian Doctrine, what God's laws were for, and that the law is good if used lawfully (i.e., without bias). Paul was clear that the law is not meant for the righteous, but for the sinner and ungodly, and he then named specific sins that first given in God's laws in the Old Testament Books. The Communist infiltraters into the Church of course hates what Paul taught there in 1 Timothy 1 about God's laws, because it goes against any idea of destroying God's laws among Christian society.

In other words, Paul even covered the sin of sodomy in that 1 Timothy 1 list.

Are there Christian Churches today that are allowing that sin? YES! Some Churches today have gay pastors.

1 Tim 1:9-10

KJV

Where did Apostle Paul get all that information about that law and those sins the lawless do? He got it from God's laws. Those are things he was warning us about, and some in the Church want to act like that part of Paul's Epistles don't even exist?!?
I have heard it plainly stated that anything a believer does after salvation does not matter.
Another person stated that even habitual sin is ignored since sins have been nailed to the cross.
This has come to be known as cheap grace or easy believism.
Some churches make it easy to believe in order to fill their church.
Just believe, and one will be saved,,,is what they teach.
Faith alone with no commandments.
It sounds good, problem is that they don't bother to explain that believe is an action word in Greek,,,if one believes, one obeys.
What do they obey?
God's commandments.
John 14:15

Reactions: Davy

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 6:9-12
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you. """But""" you were washed, ""but"" you were sanctified, ""but"" you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

not of man's works.

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
NKJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still trying to get God's children under the law aren't you. You don't keep the law and yet you want others to feel guilty when they can't keep them. You don't keep the law although you think you do. You came on my thread spouting your hate for me and then say you keep the commandment to love others. You're only deceiving yourself.

Don't be ignorant. I don't hate you. I hate the false doctrine you come here espousing, that of the false Dispensationalist dual gospel untruth. There is only ONE Gospel of Jesus Christ, and Jesus and His Apostles, including Paul, all taught that same Gospel!

You refuse to accept that Jesus paid (atoned) for ALL the sins of the world. God has created a salvation that puts everyone on a level field. All a person has to do is have faith, trust, belief, and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross. He paid the price for mankind's sins on the cross but you and many others will not give Him the credit for doing so. You are doing what the Jews were doing to those under Paul's gospel of grace.

There's that false, "we can never sin anymore" lie taught by the crept in unawares lawless that infiltrate Christ's Church. Here's another Scripture from Apostle Paul that you refuse:

Rom 3:24-25
24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

KJV

Did you forget to read that little phrase, "that are past" about which sins are remitted by our Lord Jesus' death on the cross? Apparently you did. That's Apostle Paul who said that too, not me.

That is why Apostle John in 1 John 1 reveals that we have the need to repent to Jesus when we slip up and sin after having believed on Jesus Christ. And John said to deny that we have sin is to make Jesus a liar.

1 John 1:6-10
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
KJV

Confessing our sins to Jesus after we have become a Christian is especially what Communion is about. I hear some Churches today don't even offer their congregations Communion with Christ! No wonder, because it conflicts with their falseness that we cannot sin anymore.

No one will say that trying to live at peace with others is not a good way to go but when some, like you, insist that a person has to keep laws in order to have salvation you refuse the work of the cross.

Of course that is a false made-up statement you made. No truth in it at all. It's exactly a type statement a lawless crept in unaware into Christ's Church would say, because of being revealed for what you really follow, i.e., men's doctrines, and not The Word of God. By the law is knowledge of sin, Apostle Paul said.

I will explain the Scripture verses by Paul that you willingly skip over when you preach your 'can't sin no more' doctrine:

Rom 3:20-24
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The law could never save anyone, period. No need for you telling lies about that then directed at me just to try and prove your false doctrines of Dispensationalism regurgitated from men and not God.

But knowledge of sin is by the law, meaning knowing what God approves of and what He don't, per His Word. At other times when we are out and about in the world, The Holy Spirit will show us when we begin to go against God's laws, for like I've shown from Hebrews 8, the New Covenant is also about God writing His laws in our minds and hearts. In 2 Timothy 2:15, Paul told Timothy to study to show himself approved of God, a workman who needeth not be ashamed. The New Testament Books had not been written down yet, so what did Timothy study? And if The Holy Spirit connection within us is all we need, then why did Paul tell Timothy to study at all???

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
KJV

That is about God's Salvation through His Son Jesus Christ by Faith, not the law. God's Promise by Faith was first offered to Abraham 430 years before the law was given (Gal.3). It was always first, and that's why Paul said those of Faith have become the children of Abraham.

Thus nowhere, have I ever... made a statement, or alluded to, an idea that the law can save anyone! And for you to insinuate that I pushed such a falsehood anywhere in my writings, means you are a LIAR.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 6:9-12
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you. """But""" you were washed, ""but"" you were sanctified, ""but"" you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

not of man's works.

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
NKJV

Don't be silly and ignorant. When Paul said all things were lawful to him, he of course did not mean it's OK to go out and do murder, thefts, rape, perjury, sodomy, basically the two lists he gave in 1 Timothy 1 and Galatians 5 about the works of the flesh.

Even 1 Cor.5 with the believer that was having sexual intercourse with his own mother that Paul cast out of that Church at Corinth is an example of Paul's knowledge of sin per God's laws. Maybe you should brush up on it sometime; might keep yourself out of danger with the law.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Davy
Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat_11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

But it is not enough for teh religious and teh lawers who love to do just teh opposite

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

because men love to boast

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Men who claim to keep the law, yet do not and cannot but lay that very same burden upon Christs people. Men who desire to prove them selves to God by there works who have declared that the works of Christ are not enough for teh salvation of men and that they must pay teh price by there sacrifice, men who desire to keep the law yet not be judged by the very same law they break. and that is why it is written

Gal_2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

There is only one law we live by, and that is love.

1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co_13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co_13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co_13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co_13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co_13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
1Co_14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
1Co_16:14 Let all your things be done with charity.
Col_3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

No one will be justified by teh law, no one will be able to boast.

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious Christian Church is (and has been since the RCC came into existence) teaching a blended, harmonized gospel that takes what Jesus and His Apostles preached to the Jews which included the Law and what Paul preached for the grace Church that excluded the Law and mixes them together. These teachings were never meant to be blended, harmonized together. When you do it you destroy both messages. The scriptures teach we are to “rightly divide the word of truth,” not blend it together.

Galatians 2:3-5
3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.
4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),
5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
NKJV note: “bring us into bondage.”

Let me make it clear that all the scriptures are written FOR US, but not all are written TO US. --- Jesus’ message was to the Jews and under the law, not under grace. Paul’s message was to the grace Church.

I get depressed when I hear the blended gospel being taught. It is a gospel fostered by the devil. I have opposed it on forums for years and have been asked to leave because of my objections to it. Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles because the Gentiles were never promised a kingdom on this earth. The following scriptures support my view.

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5-7 and Matt 15:23-24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all that was written of Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8.

HOWEVER; This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross.

But that purpose was “hidden in God” and not revealed until it was revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. The grace gospel was not in existence until Paul taught it. See Eph. 3:9 and Col. 1:26.

The Parable of the Wedding Feast; (Matt. 22: 1-10)

1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said:
2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son,
3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."'
5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business.
6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them.
7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
NKJV

We, today, are only invited because the Jews rejected Jesus as their king. God will not let what His Son did on the cross go without results.

This is what I believe.

So, was Paul (being a Jew) saved by the gospel Jesus preached?
Or, was Paul saved by the gospel he, himself, preached?

Reactions: Davy