Blessings Of True Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 8-12-22 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Av 13 5782 53rd. Summer Day

Isaiah Fifty Eight

1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.

4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord?

6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward.

9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:

11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 8-12-22 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Av 13 5782 53rd. Summer Day

Isaiah Fifty Eight

1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.

4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord?

6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward.

9 Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:

11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Love, Walter and Debbie
I have struggled all my life with completing a fast. I finally prayed and asked God to give me instructions on a fast that I can do and that is acceptable to Him.
So it started with 1 week no caffeine, the second week no breads, the third weak no meats and the fourth week a fast of all 4.
I actually was able to complete this fast.
The hardest week for me was no breads...I love to eat sandwiches for lunch and have a bowl of cereal every night before bed. I didn't sleep well that week...lol. The other weeks were fairly easy for me....the last week was actually easy. In any case, putting the flesh under submission to the spirit is quite a task...if it wasn't for my prayers at which time He would strengthen me I wouldn't have made it.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have struggled all my life with completing a fast. I finally prayed and asked God to give me instructions on a fast that I can do and that is acceptable to Him.
So it started with 1 week no caffeine, the second week no breads, the third weak no meats and the fourth week a fast of all 4.
I actually was able to complete this fast.
The hardest week for me was no breads...I love to eat sandwiches for lunch and have a bowl of cereal every night before bed. I didn't sleep well that week...lol. The other weeks were fairly easy for me....the last week was actually easy. In any case, putting the flesh under submission to the spirit is quite a task...if it wasn't for my prayers at which time He would strengthen me I wouldn't have made it.
Hello Heart2Soul, I think I wrote your name somewhere but I have forgotten where, but I was in prayer for how to start this kind of Fast/True Worship as a start, as you have pointed out a person must start somewhere with the LORD.

But the main reason that I think as to why this chapter is in what I noticed in the beginning of verses 1-9, then I was kind of struggling with verses 10-14, which is why I brought emphasized/bold, could you or anyone share your thoughts about this chapter or any other chapter, because I was just in prayer about those verses, thank you. :My2c:

Love always, Walter

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Heart2Soul, I think I wrote your name somewhere but I have forgotten where, but I was in prayer for how to start this kind of Fast/True Worship as a start, as you have pointed out a person must start somewhere with the LORD.

But the main reason that I think as to why this chapter is in what I noticed in the beginning of verses 1-9, then I was kind of struggling with verses 10-14, which is why I brought emphasized/bold, could you or anyone share your thoughts about this chapter or any other chapter, because I was just in prayer about those verses, thank you. :My2c:

Love always, Walter
I read verse 10 as an instruction to feed those who hunger both physically and spiritually....and while you are fasting to minister to the needs of those around you.
I love how the Lord says he will be known as the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the paths to dwell in.
Ministering to others while you are in a fast makes us very vulnerable to temptation.
Can you imagine feeding the hungry all this wonderful food and you flesh starts warring against you because it wants food.....that is like dangling a live prey in front of a lion who hasn't eaten in 3 or 4 weeks....lol....that is a true worshipper. One who sacrifices his own needs to minister to the needs of others has learned how to put the flesh under submission to the spirit....and worships Him in spirit and in truth.
I see these verses as God rewarding true worshippers.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read verse 10 as an instruction to feed those who hunger both physically and spiritually....and while you are fasting to minister to the needs of those around you.
I love how the Lord says he will be known as the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the paths to dwell in.
Ministering to others while you are in a fast makes us very vulnerable to temptation.
Can you imagine feeding the hungry all this wonderful food and you flesh starts warring against you because it wants food.....that is like dangling a live prey in front of a lion who hasn't eaten in 3 or 4 weeks....lol....that is a true worshipper. One who sacrifices his own needs to minister to the needs of others has learned how to put the flesh under submission to the spirit....and worships Him in spirit and in truth.
I see these verses as God rewarding true worshippers.
Well! as I can see we can share some similar thoughts, I'll continue to be prayerful with this chapter, but if I come up with anything about what the Lord has revealed to me I will let you all know.

Love always, Walter

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
?
Love, Walter and Debbie

The scripture you quoted from Isaiah as well as most of the word has a clause .....if..... we do then God will do.
I agree totally that true worship requires true obedience. We cannot receive blessings if our spirit has rejected the commands or we walk in our own selfishness.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture you quoted from Isaiah as well as most of the word has a clause .....if..... we do then God will do.
I agree totally that true worship requires true obedience. We cannot receive blessings if our spirit has rejected the commands or we walk in our own selfishness.
Yes you are correct, I remember this quote, Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind stayed on Him, but I must ask, who are you? if you don't mind answering because of your profile info.

I just noticed on your profile that info. I'm sorry.

Love, Walter

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well! as I can see we can share some similar thoughts, I'll continue to be prayerful with this chapter, but if I come up with anything about what the Lord has revealed to me I will let you all know.

Love always, Walter
8-13-22 Sometime after I said the above, what came to my mind was this title: Sabbath Issues, I posted here Jun 11, 2019.

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Sabbaths , Judging one another about the Sabbath .

I have reason to believe of the above study, that The Sabbaths and the Feast Days/Holy Convocations goes together for his/Jesus customs as him and The Apostles, went in the synagogues. Luke 4:16 , Acts 17:2

Acts 17:2

Righteousness is a position. When you become saved you are considered in right standing with God. ... Holiness is the quality of being holy,a life that is full of godly character.Righteousness is to be upright in God, to be blamless. A righteousness man is also a holy man,both of them works together.

Ephesians 4 KJV

That was all I thought about.

Love, Walter

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8-13-22 Sometime after I said the above, what came to my mind was this title: Sabbath Issues, I posted here Jun 11, 2019.

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Sabbaths , Judging one another about the Sabbath .

I have reason to believe of the above study, that The Sabbaths and the Feast Days/Holy Convocations goes together for his/Jesus customs as him and The Apostles, went in the synagogues. Luke 4:16 , Acts 17:2

Acts 17:2

Righteousness is a position. When you become saved you are considered in right standing with God. ... Holiness is the quality of being holy,a life that is full of godly character.Righteousness is to be upright in God, to be blamless. A righteousness man is also a holy man,both of them works together.

Ephesians 4 KJV

That was all I thought about.

Love, Walter
I do not observe the Sabbath as it was done in the Jewish culture.
To be honest I believe that my rest is in Jesus and He is Lord of the Sabbath and He told me to just rest in Him and wait until He sends me out.
So I am resting in Him daily, my righteousness is of Him, and I am made Holy as He is holy....

That's how I interpret the Sabbath.
God Bless

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not observe the Sabbath as it was done in the Jewish culture.
To be honest I believe that my rest is in Jesus and He is Lord of the Sabbath and He told me to just rest in Him and wait until He sends me out.
So I am resting in Him daily, my righteousness is of Him, and I am made Holy as He is holy....

That's how I interpret the Sabbath.
God Bless
Hello Heart2Soul, and thank you for your belief.

Love always, Walter

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Heart2Soul, and thank you for your belief.

Love always, Walter
I am not sure what my belief is about the Sabbath...I just don't know enough about it to be certain of my belief as to which day/s is the true Sabbath Day....was raised all my life attending church on Sunday and Wednesday night....I have a cousin who is SDA and he has tried to persuade me, no rather insisted that I look into it because he didn't want me to be judged by God.
I am a humble person in many ways, but fierce in other ways....there is never a middle or in-between with me. It's one way or the other and I follow truth and I believe that the Holy Spirit is continually guiding me to His Truth. So concerning the Sabbath I am in study mode right now. I want to weigh all scripture about the Sabbath and let scripture interpret scripture and eventually I will find what I seek....

Hope that makes sense....
Anyway, I respect everyone on both sides of topic and love them without judgment. We all see in part, and prophesy in part but soon we will know what has been kept secret until the appointed time.....and then we can all rejoice as our eyes are opened so that we can see fully the Truth in all things.
Amen!!!!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure what my belief is about the Sabbath...I just don't know enough about it to be certain of my belief as to which day/s is the true Sabbath Day....was raised all my life attending church on Sunday and Wednesday night....I have a cousin who is SDA and he has tried to persuade me, no rather insisted that I look into it because he didn't want me to be judged by God.
I am a humble person in many ways, but fierce in other ways....there is never a middle or in-between with me. It's one way or the other and I follow truth and I believe that the Holy Spirit is continually guiding me to His Truth. So concerning the Sabbath I am in study mode right now. I want to weigh all scripture about the Sabbath and let scripture interpret scripture and eventually I will find what I seek....

Hope that makes sense....
Anyway, I respect everyone on both sides of topic and love them without judgment. We all see in part, and prophesy in part but soon we will know what has been kept secret until the appointed time.....and then we can all rejoice as our eyes are opened so that we can see fully the Truth in all things.
Amen!!!!
Hi Heart2Soul, I wasn't sure about my belief in the true Sabbath because of the way we were brought up as Baptist faith on Sunday
until after I personally saw for myself why Jesus had His custom. Then I begin to see things more clearly as to His words of life to follow His steps.

But as I journey on making sense is the way for me to explain the way that I feel about who I believe in and that my faith is not in any other source of getting information from the scriptures.

I would say I do now have a personal relationship with my maker. :Amen:

Love always, Walter

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you are correct, I remember this quote, Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind stayed on Him, but I must ask, who are you? if you don't mind answering because of your profile

I just noticed on your profile that info. I'm sorry.

Love, Walter

Hmmmm, who am I ?
I have been asking myself that lately.

Ist, I am a daughter of the blessed creator, the Great I am, a child of God.

65 y.o. blessed woman whom loves the Lord, his word & goodness to us. On site Christian chat I was known as Least.

My name is LaWhana, a daughter, a mom, a sister and a friend. I have been here I think several months. I have seen your tag on other sites.

As Casting Crowns sings, Im just nobody looking to tell somebody about my Jesus and his great love !

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm, who am I ?
I have been asking myself that lately.

Ist, I am a daughter of the blessed creator, the Great I am, a child of God.

65 y.o. blessed woman whom loves the Lord, his word & goodness to us. On site Christian chat I was known as Least.

My name is LaWhana, a daughter, a mom, a sister and a friend. I have been here I think several months. I have seen your tag on other sites.

As Casting Crowns sings, Im just nobody looking to tell somebody about my Jesus and his great love !
Well, Hello LaWhana, glad to know of you as a friend hopefully we can get to know one another better in Christ.

I have been here in the U.S. all of my life, it is good to know that we have a Saviour that we can trust, I'm 75 thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ, and happy to be blessed by Him.

I was trying to find out the meaning of your user name: "L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d" is it possible to let me know what is it saying?

Love, Walter

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Hello LaWhana, glad to know of you as a friend hopefully we can get to know one another better in Christ.

I have been here in the U.S. all of my life, it is good to know that we have a Saviour that we can trust, I'm 75 thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ, and happy to be blessed by Him.

I was trying to find out the meaning of your user name: "L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d" is it possible to let me know what is it saying?

Love, Walter

Glad to meet you. It stands for in caps L.A.M.B. or LAMB stands for it ( smiles )
I would like to know all Gods ppl better. I read many of your post which are uplifting. They often need no comment to help expound them.
Thank you for your positive input always!
Blessings.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad to meet you. It stands for in caps L.A.M.B. or LAMB stands fir it ( smiles )
I would like to know all Gods ppl better. I read many of your post which are uplifting. They often need no comment to help expound them.
Thank you for your positive input always!
Blessings.
Thank you for that information and for your encouragement, have a wonderful day :)

Blessings, Walter