Blood and Water

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was pierced out came blood and water. My question is this, why water, what's this mean? John 19:34 I noticed in my Mass they add water to the wine.

And does that relate to sweat as great drops of blood, Luke 22:44?

Or does it relate to turning water into wine? John 2:1-11

Thanks, kinda bizarre questions, I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Base12

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was pierced out came blood and water. My question is this, why water, what's this mean? John 19:34 I noticed in my Mass they add water to the wine.

I do not know, but perhaps it was the living water that was part of Him.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting observation OP. It reminded me of this verse...

John 7:38
"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water"

However, you seemed to have found something that isn't just water coming out of the belly.

Scripture is definitely teaching us that there is a connection between water and blood. But are they connected to wine?

Let's try this verse...

1 John 5:8
"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one"

Looks like Spirit may be the wine. Now we can add this...

Ephesians 5:18
"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit"

Yes. There is definitely a relation. But why sweat? Let's look at that verse again...

Luke 22:44
"And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground"

There seems to be a link between prayer and blood.

I found this...

Philippians 1:19
"For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ"

So the more Jesus prayed, the more wine he produced?

Hmmm...

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting observation OP. It reminded me of this verse...

John 7:38
"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water"

However, you seemed to have found something that isn't just water coming out of the belly.

Scripture is definitely teaching us that there is a connection between water and blood. But are they connected to wine?

Let's try this verse...

1 John 5:8
"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one"

Looks like Spirit may be the wine. Now we can add this...

Ephesians 5:18
"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit"

Yes. There is definitely a relation. But why sweat? Let's look at that verse again...

"And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground"

There seems to be a link between prayer and blood.

I found this...

Philippians 1:19
"For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ"

So the more Jesus prayed, the more wine he produced?

Hmmm...

Thanks, that helps, 1 John 5:8 if I could wrap my head around that, I'm confused, unless water relates to baptism and going into and out of spiritual death via the blood of Christ. Does that make any sense?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Jesus was pierced out came blood and water. My question is this, why water, what's this mean?

Hello Devin,
Welcome to the forum.

The blood and water are the Church being taken from Jesus side, just as Eve was taken from Adam's side.

They are the two great sacraments of the Church, Baptism and Eucharist, which indeed along with the Spirit bear witness to the Truth.

Peace be with you!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The 'm*ss' has nothing at all, ever, similar to Jesus, to Scripture, to holiness, nor to doing what is right and true.
It is something pernicious, deadly to faith, leading to destruction, a false practice by apostates or worse.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'm*ss' has nothing at all, ever, similar to Jesus, to Scripture, to holiness, nor to doing what is right and true.
It is something pernicious, deadly to faith, leading to destruction, a false practice by apostates or worse.

Are you talking about reading scripture from the Bible and giving out bread and wine for sacrament in Mass? I'm confused, these are all things Jesus taught. Or are you meaning something else?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Do you not think that a much worse punishment is due the one who has contempt for the Son of God, considers unclean the covenant-blood by which he was consecrated, and insults the spirit of grace

Reactions: Giuliano

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you talking about reading scripture from the Bible and giving out bread and wine for sacrament in Mass? I'm confused, these are all things Jesus taught. Or are you meaning something else?
Do you want to learn what is in the Bible, what Jesus taught/ teachers, in line with all the Creator's Plan and Purpose?
OR
do you want to continue in man's false teachings from rome and other places, contrary to God's Word, opposed to Jesus and opposed to God's people always ?
Confusion is the norm, btw, in the world, and in the religions opposed to Jesus.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

I understand the water flowing from Jesus wound as sign that the Holy Spirit would be permitted or able to enter the world due to Jesus' ascension, which at that point was inevitable. There are a few scriptures where the Holy Spirit is represented as water, as some pointed out.

"But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed in my Mass they add water to the wine.
You got me thinking about that comment.

I found this...

"This means that the more alcoholic a drink is, the more it cloisters its aroma molecules, and the less aroma it releases into the air. Add water and there’s less alcohol to irritate and burn, and more aroma release"

Adding Water to Wine - The Aspiring Gentleman

So adding water to wine makes it more aromatic.

Check this out...

Revelation 8:4
"And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand"

Thus, adding water to wine creates aroma, which creates prayers!

Hence...

:cool:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the water flowing from Jesus wound as sign that the Holy Spirit would be permitted or able to enter the world due to Jesus' ascension, which at that point was inevitable. There are a few scriptures where the Holy Spirit is represented as water, as some pointed out.

"But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."
Revelation 22:1 was brought to mind. Thanks this was helpful :)

Reactions: lforrest

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
www dot fmh-child.org/KeithGreen.html
(bringing light to those trapped in darkness, or to those already delivered out of darkness into the marvelous light of Jesus)
"Only those who cannot handle the uncompromising pursuit of truth will have a problem with "The Catholic Chronicles". They are factual, balanced and worthy of consideration as the Protestant/Catholic difference perseveres. However, as directed by Melody Green, the Last Days Ministries publication of "The Catholic Chronicles" was discontinued in the early 1980's. So in an effort to confront error and uphold the truth without compromise, the following are "The Catholic Chronicles" as first published by Keith Green at his Last Days Ministries."

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, that helps, 1 John 5:8 if I could wrap my head around that, I'm confused, unless water relates to baptism and going into and out of spiritual death via the blood of Christ. Does that make any sense?
If we use the KJV version of the verse prior to 1 John 5:8 we have...

1 John 5:7
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one"

I've tried to link the two before. Maybe something like this?

Heaven - Earth
Father = Water
Word = Blood
Holy Ghost = Spirit

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
www dot fmh-child.org/KeithGreen.html
(bringing light to those trapped in darkness, or to those already delivered out of darkness into the marvelous light of Jesus)
"Only those who cannot handle the uncompromising pursuit of truth will have a problem with "The Catholic Chronicles". They are factual, balanced and worthy of consideration as the Protestant/Catholic difference perseveres. However, as directed by Melody Green, the Last Days Ministries publication of "The Catholic Chronicles" was discontinued in the early 1980's. So in an effort to confront error and uphold the truth without compromise, the following are "The Catholic Chronicles" as first published by Keith Green at his Last Days Ministries."
I find myself re-creating the wheel. When others have already figured out stuff and I can just learn from them. So I study orthodox. I do ask questions though.

Reactions: Philip James

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find myself re-creating the wheel. When others have already figured out stuff and I can just learn from them. So I study orthodox. I do ask questions though.
Ask questions.
Seek the truth, always, never give up. (keep seeking the truth).

Almost no one says they grew and learned though, after joining,
except those who saw the discord and infighting among the so-called Christians (the ones in name only, not true),
and went elsewhere to see if the exposure of them as false Christians (apostates or false teachers or simply false teachings) was and is truth.
Those who searched for the truth , thus, after seeing the much fighting and discord,
they left to other places (not forums, not chat rooms), to
find the truth,
and if they did, as at least one years ago posted saying they were surprised - they never expected to find that so much of christendom on earch is fale, - they were surprised,
but they searched and found the truth, and
thus were and remained (if they stayed faithful and true in Jesus)
saved from the multitudes of false teachings that engulf the world and the carnal...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Jesus was pierced out came blood and water. My question is this, why water, what's this mean? John 19:34
"Water" relates to what Christ said in John 3:5: Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Since both "water" and "Spirit" are mentioned at the same time, here water is a metaphor for the Gospel -- "the water of the Word of God" (Eph 5:26; 1 Pet 1:23-25).

Salvation is by water and by blood. It is through the preaching of the Gospel -- which is the power of God unto salvation -- that men are saved by grace. And it is by the blood of Christ that souls are cleansed and made fit for Heaven.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Rom 1:16)

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. (Rev 1:5,6)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That both blood and water came out was evidence that He truly died, through a rupture of the heart.

Medically this is viable.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I was once told that red and white blood cells seperate when somebody dies, so the water was plasma. That this was the proof that Jesus was already dead when He was pierced by the soldier.
I used to be catholic...but left after 20 yrs. I believed in a ‘good person-Jesus’ but not Jesus ‘The Christ’. I Found Him while reading John’s Gospel. :)

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was once told that red and white blood cells seperate when somebody dies, so the water was plasma. That this was the proof that Jesus was already dead when He was pierced by the soldier.
I used to be catholic...but left after 20 yrs. I believed in a ‘good person-Jesus’ but not Jesus ‘The Christ’. I Found Him while reading John’s Gospel. :)
Who told you the 'water' was plasma ? Was that before or after you got saved out of catholicism ?