Bluestone Church Bells

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday 4-2-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Nisan 10, 5783 14th. Spring Day

Today's Devotional

Read: Luke 19:37–42 | Bible in a Year: Judges 16–18; Luke 7:1–30

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

I tell you, . . . if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out. Luke 19:40

Bluestone is a fascinating variety of rock. When struck, certain bluestones will ring with a musical tone. Maenclochog, a Welsh village whose name means “bell” or “ringing stones,” used bluestones as church bells until the eighteenth century. Interestingly, the ruins of Stonehenge, in England, are built of bluestone, causing some to wonder if that landmark’s original purpose was musical. Some researchers claim that the bluestone at Stonehenge was brought from near Maenclochog, nearly two hundred miles away, because of their unique acoustic properties.

Musical ringing stones are yet another of the wonders of God’s great creation, and they remind us of something Jesus said during His Palm Sunday entry into Jerusalem. As the people praised Jesus, the religious leaders demanded Him to rebuke them. “ ‘I tell you,’ he replied, ‘if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out’ ” (Luke 19:40).

If bluestone can make music, and if Jesus made mention of even the stones bearing witness to their Creator, how might we express our own praise to the One who made us, loves us, and rescued us? He is worthy of all worship. May the Holy Spirit stir us to give Him the honor He deserves. All of creation praises Him.

How many ways can you think of in which creation praises God? How can you join in daily worship of our Creator?
Creator God, You are deserving of all worship, praise, and gratitude. When my heart grows hard and I lose sight of Your worthiness, remind me that all creation sings Your praise.
For further study, read All Creation Sings.

INSIGHT​

When we think of Palm Sunday, we think of Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem to the joyful, loud shouts of the crowd who rejoiced for “all the miracles they had seen” (Luke 19:37). In their celebration, they sang Psalm 118:26, “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.” However, in Luke 19:41–42, we see different emotions expressed, ones we don’t normally associate with this day of celebration and welcome of Jesus. In verse 41, we have the image of Jesus lamenting: “As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it” (see also 13:31–35).

Celebration and lamentation, praising and weeping meet in Luke 19:37–42. While the crowds had seen the miracles and celebrated, what they hadn’t seen was the judgment that was to come because of the rejection of Jesus. Because of that, Jesus wept.
Learn more about our God who allows us to lament

By Bill Crowder|April 2nd, 2023

Worship Luke Nineteen:37-42

37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;

38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.

40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,

42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie