Body of Christ never mentioned in Revelation, but The Bride is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find there is no reference to "The Bride Of Christ" anywhere in the bible.
Fourteen times, is the word, "bride," mentioned in the New Testament, only oonce in the Gospel of John, and then 4 more times in Rev. In John, the "bridegroom" is said to be Jesus Christ.
Revelation 21: "And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband." <---Is this to mean that the Jews are the "bride"? And, Christians will be the "guests" at the wedding supper of the Lamb? After all, the Jew's ARE the chosen of God...and I believe it is a Hebrew custom for the Father to choose the wife of their sons...not sure but, it's what I have heard said.
Any thoughts?

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fourteen times, is the word, "bride," mentioned in the New Testament, only oonce in the Gospel of John, and then 4 more times in Rev. In John, the "bridegroom" is said to be Jesus Christ.
Revelation 21: "And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband." <---Is this to mean that the Jews are the "bride"? And, Christians will be the "guests" at the wedding supper of the Lamb? After all, the Jew's ARE the chosen of God...and I believe it is a Hebrew custom for the Father to choose the wife of their sons...not sure but, it's what I have heard said.
Any thoughts?
Interesting thoughts Nancy.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thoughts Nancy.

They come when they come but...can be so hard to understanding what with everyone's differing dispensations and such.
I NEVER get Alerts from you and many others on here so, I know I am missing many of your posts :(

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They come when they come but...can be so hard to understanding what with everyone's differing dispensations and such.
I NEVER get Alerts from you and many others on here so, I know I am missing many of your posts :(
Likewise Nancy.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any thoughts?

@Nancy. ( is it better now I add a tag too?)

Rev 19:7 "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb."

If there is a wife..she must first be a Bride eh to make her so? ;)

Rev.
"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. "

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."
No, I cannot believe that the "Holy City" is the Jews.
Everything in scripture is much like Jesus used to say over and over -

"...is liked unto.." Everything is likened unto.. it is not "a city". Any more than Jesus is a door. Or a loaf of bread, or "a lamb" on four feet and a tail. They are all to paint pictures for us so we understand the spiritual meaning behind it. He is The door, The bread, The Lamb.....

This is just my two cents Nancy
But I'm looking forward to other people's take on this. :)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Any thoughts?
Hi Nancy. I wonder if you are familiar with the term and principle of "the harmony of Scripture"? Sometimes we use theological terms as a handle, making a number of harmonious biblical references easier to discuss under the same heading as it were.

The Bride of Christ is one such term as befits these references below which point to the Body of Christ being the Bride:

2Co 11:2

(2) For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Rom 7:4
(4) Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

Eph 5:25-30

(25) Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
(26) that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
(27) that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
(28) So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
(29) For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.
(30) For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.

Rev 19:7-9
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb (Christ) has come, and His wife has made herself ready."
(8) And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
(9) Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!' " And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God."

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy. I wonder if you are familiar with the term and principle of "the harmony of Scripture"? Sometimes we use theological terms as a handle, making a number of harmonious biblical references easier to discuss under the same heading as it were.

The Bride of Christ is one such term as befits these references below:

2Co 11:2

(2) For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Rom 7:4
(4) Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

Eph 5:25-30

(25) Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
(26) that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
(27) that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
(28) So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
(29) For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.
(30) For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.

Rev 19:7-9
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb (Christ) has come, and His wife has made herself ready."
(8) And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
(9) Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!' " And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God."

All good stuff @Stumpmaster ! Yet, why do we not ever see the "Church" or the "Body of Christ mentioned in Revelation? Not even one time? It seems as though the Jewish people are who are spoken of in Rev. Maybe it is because The Church is already gone?
Ty :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy. ( is it better now I add a tag too?)

Rev 19:7 "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb."

If there is a wife..she must first be a Bride eh to make her so? ;)

Rev.
"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. "

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."
No, I cannot believe that the "Holy City" is the Jews.
Everything in scripture is much like Jesus used to say over and over -

"...is liked unto.." Everything is likened unto.. it is not "a city". Any more than Jesus is a door. Or a loaf of bread, or "a lamb" on four feet and a tail. They are all to paint pictures for us so we understand the spiritual meaning behind it. He is The door, The bread, The Lamb.....

This is just my two cents Nancy
But I'm looking forward to other people's take on this. :)

Thank you @Helen ! The words, phrases; The Body of Christ, the "guests" and "The Bride" are what has me thinking- what's the diff?
Yes, He is the door, the Bread and the Lamb, for sure but...how to distinguish the other terms? And, who are they to be likened to?
Your 2 cents haha...you are worth more than your weight in gold my friend

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy. You may have seen my opinions already, but I will share some of them here since they are relevant to the OP.

They are extremely radical and I've actually been banned from Christian Forums for presenting this information. Thankfully this forum allows free discussion.

Anyhow...

I believe New Jerusalem represents Sarah, Abraham's Wife. In addition, I see New Jerusalem as Sarah's Temple Body... a Heavenly/Glorified version of it.

More specifically, New Jerusalem represents Sarah's Womb. Sound radical? Let's let Scripture Enlighten us...

Galatians 4:26
"But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all"

I read the above verse in the most literal way possible. That is to say... the Saved will literally be Born Again via her Womb in order to receive the Glorified Body...

Galatians 4:27
"For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband"

Now I shouldn't have to tell you folks that in order for a Woman to get pregnant, the Male Seed must enter her 'Gates'. The Pearly Gates in this case.

The Male Seed in this context is the Lamb...

Revelation 21:9
"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife"

The 'Wedding' is a reference to the Moment of Conception when the Heavenly Seed of Abraham and the Heavenly Seed of Sarah combine to create the New Man...

Ephesians 2:15
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace"

Thus, the Seed of Abraham is represented by the Lamb. More specifically, it is the Blood of the Lamb...

Revelation 5:6
"And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth"

For a more advanced understanding of the above verse, think of the Lamb as the Word of God, which in Human Anatomy is represented by DNA...

Luke 8:11
"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God"

Sarah's Seed (Ovum) are the Fruits on the Tree of Life. How do we know this? Simple...

Revelation 22:2
"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations"

Inside the Heart of Sarah's Womb is the 'Seed of the Woman' that bears a different 'Fruit' each month. In other words, Sarah has a 'Monthly Cycle'.

As a side note, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is Hagar...

Galatians 4:24
"Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar"

Thus, One should now know what the Forbidden Fruit was. ;)

Long story short, the Blood of the Lamb (Abraham's Seed) and the Tree of Life (Sarah's Seed) are combined to form each and every one that are Born Again.

But wait... somethings missing here...

Revelation 22:14
"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city"

A Seed can have no life without a Spirit to enter it.

Thus, the Saved are the Spirits that combine with the Seed of Abraham (Blood of the Lamb) and the Seed of Sarah (Tree of Life) to become Born Again.
^^^
That is what the Marriage is all about. A Heavenly version of Conception.

Thus, the True Church that everyone is looking for is the Seed of Abraham consisting of both Jew and Gentile...

Galatians 3:29
"And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise"

One could say that the Saved are the Nucleobases (A, C, G, T) that form the DNA (Church) that form the Members (Body Parts) of the Body of Christ.

So now the question is... where are all of the Saved at before the Wedding?

In Paradise... aka... Abraham's Bosom...

The Twenty Four Elders are Abraham's Ribs.
The Throne is Abraham's Heart.
The Lamb is the Blood that pumps through Abraham's Heart.
The Seven Spirits breathe through Abraham's Lungs.

The entire thing is a picture of a Bosom. Who's Bosom? Abraham's...

full

Here are the Saved inside Abraham's Bosom waiting for the Marriage to take place so they can become Born Again and receive their Glorified Bodies...

Revelation 7:9
"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands"

BTW... the Greek for Palm is Phoenix... yeah that Phoenix. As in ready to be Born Again...

Strong's 5404: Phoinix

Strong's Greek: 5404. φοῖνιξ (phoinix) -- the date palm, a palm

The Lamb will lead them to the Tree of Life which is watered by God...

Revelation 7:17
"For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes"

Look at the word 'rest'...

Revelation 6:11
"And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled"

They are 'resting' in Abraham's Bosom until all of the Saved are present and accounted for.

There is much more of course.

The Woman on the Moon is Sarah.
The Dragon is the Seed of the Serpent.
Etc. etc.

:cool:

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy. You may have seen my opinions already, but I will share some of them here since they are relevant to the OP.

They are extremely radical and I've actually been banned from Christian Forums for presenting this information. Thankfully this forum allows free discussion.

Anyhow...

I believe New Jerusalem represents Sarah, Abraham's Wife. In addition, I see New Jerusalem as Sarah's Temple Body... a Heavenly/Glorified version of it.

More specifically, New Jerusalem represents Sarah's Womb. Sound radical? Let's let Scripture Enlighten us...

Galatians 4:26
"But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all"

I read the above verse in the most literal way possible. That is to say... the Saved will literally be Born Again via her Womb in order to receive the Glorified Body...

Galatians 4:27
"For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband"

Now I shouldn't have to tell you folks that in order for a Woman to get pregnant, the Male Seed must enter her 'Gates'. The Pearly Gates in this case.

The Male Seed in this context is the Lamb...

Revelation 21:9
"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife"

The 'Wedding' is a reference to the Moment of Conception when the Heavenly Seed of Abraham and the Heavenly Seed of Sarah combine to create the New Man...

Ephesians 2:15
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace"

Thus, the Seed of Abraham is represented by the Lamb. More specifically, it is the Blood of the Lamb...

Revelation 5:6
"And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth"

For a more advanced understanding of the above verse, think of the Lamb as the Word of God, which in Human Anatomy is represented by DNA...

Luke 8:11
"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God"

Sarah's Seed (Ovum) are the Fruits on the Tree of Life. How do we know this? Simple...

Revelation 22:2
"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations"

Inside the Heart of Sarah's Womb is the 'Seed of the Woman' that bears a different 'Fruit' each month. In other words, Sarah has a 'Monthly Cycle'.

As a side note, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is Hagar...

Galatians 4:24
"Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar"

Thus, One should now know what the Forbidden Fruit was. ;)

Long story short, the Blood of the Lamb (Abraham's Seed) and the Tree of Life (Sarah's Seed) are combined to form each and every one that are Born Again.

But wait... somethings missing here...

Revelation 22:14
"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city"

A Seed can have no life without a Spirit to enter it.

Thus, the Saved are the Spirits that combine with the Seed of Abraham (Blood of the Lamb) and the Seed of Sarah (Tree of Life) to become Born Again.
^^^
That is what the Marriage is all about. A Heavenly version of Conception.

Thus, the True Church that everyone is looking for is the Seed of Abraham consisting of both Jew and Gentile...

Galatians 3:29
"And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise"

One could say that the Saved are the Nucleobases (A, C, G, T) that form the DNA (Church) that form the Members (Body Parts) of the Body of Christ.

So now the question is... where are all of the Saved at before the Wedding?

In Paradise... aka... Abraham's Bosom...

The Twenty Four Elders are Abraham's Ribs.
The Throne is Abraham's Heart.
The Lamb is the Blood that pumps through Abraham's Heart.
The Seven Spirits breathe through Abraham's Lungs.

The entire thing is a picture of a Bosom. Who's Bosom? Abraham's...

full

Here are the Saved inside Abraham's Bosom waiting for the Marriage to take place so they can become Born Again and receive their Glorified Bodies...

Revelation 7:9
"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands"

BTW... the Greek for Palm is Phoenix... yeah that Phoenix. As in ready to be Born Again...

Strong's 5404: Phoinix

Strong's Greek: 5404. φοῖνιξ (phoinix) -- the date palm, a palm

The Lamb will lead them to the Tree of Life which is watered by God...

Revelation 7:17
"For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes"

Look at the word 'rest'...

Revelation 6:11
"And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled"

They are 'resting' in Abraham's Bosom until all of the Saved are present and accounted for.

There is much more of course.

The Woman on the Moon is Sarah.
The Dragon is the Seed of the Serpent.
Etc. etc.

:cool:

Well Base,
That's allot to chew on there! Funny thing, back in the early 90's, I used to think that the forbidden fruit was sexual relations, nobody took me seriously, many do not today no matter what I say, lol. That's okay because sometimes I don't understand myself. I still wonder why God would have put such temptation in that perfect garden, weather it be sex or anything else...yes, I know...His plan :)
Thank you for all of the input and it is interesting, to be sure.
God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you have a scripture reference to "The Bride Of Christ" being the Church?
I could give you a dozen Scriptures, but where's the fun in that? It would be far better for you to personally set aide your incorrect conclusion, and go back through the New Testament for yourself. It would also help to invest in Nave's Topical Bible and use it for this study.

As to "guests", that term is not found in Revelation 19. We have the marriage and the marriage supper mentioned, as well as the saints of God. However, in the parables we do find guests, so that must be properly interpreted.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Body of Christ never mentioned in Revelation, but The Bride is.
the bride is maybe what comes out of the church? you, "post church" even maybe?
Do you have a scripture reference to "The Bride Of Christ" being the Church? Who are the "guests"?
ha indeed
who they are maybe becomes a little clearer in that context too?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could give you a dozen Scriptures, but where's the fun in that? It would be far better for you to personally set aide your incorrect conclusion, and go back through the New Testament for yourself. It would also help to invest in Nave's Topical Bible and use it for this study.

As to "guests", that term is not found in Revelation 19. We have the marriage and the marriage supper mentioned, as well as the saints of God. However, in the parables we do find guests, so that must be properly interpreted.

"I could give you a dozen Scriptures, but where's the fun in that? "
COP OUT Enoch! You won't find even one!
"It would be far better for you to personally set aide your incorrect conclusion"
I haven't "concluded" anything yet, that is why I posted this thread :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the bride is maybe what comes out of the church? you, "post church" even maybe?

ha indeed
who they are maybe becomes a little clearer in that context too?

Agree with you.
Not everyone is in the Bride ...and the bride comes out of the Church .

I believe the bride is of the overcomes ( found in Revelation )
As it says “ Many are called , but few are chosen”

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, well you do still have to goto their following button and manually retrieve their stream? from your home page

What then would be the point in "following" them? I thought when you click on "follow" on in their profile would "Alert" us to what they post?