Body of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Body of Christ

• spiritual after his Ascension

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • physical at resurrection

• physical at Ascension

• Spirital at both

• physical at both

• physical at resurrection spiritual after his Ascension

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Body of Christ

I know Jesus's Resurrected body on earth was physical.

Did his body after his Ascension become a spiritual body?

Thank You,

Daniel

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Body of Christ

Thank You,

Daniel
I was really shocked when I looked at the poll and 100% was spiritual at resurrection, but then I seen there was only 2 votes. Interested in how this turns out. 1 Pet 3:18

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word translated "spiritual" is ambiguous. It doesn't necessarily
refer to the characteristics of thin air. Below is a list of spiritual things that
bear absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to the bodily chemistry of an
angel or a demon.

Spiritual gifts (Rom 1:11)
Spiritual law (Rom 7:14)
Spiritual things (Rom 15:27)
Spiritual people (1Cor 2:15)
Spiritual nourishment (1Cor 10:3)
Spiritual water (1Cor 10:4).
Spiritual rock (1Cor 10:4)
Spiritual counselors (Gal 6:1)
Spiritual blessings (Eph 1:3)
Spiritual music (Eph 5:19)
Spiritual understanding (Col 1:9)
Spiritual housing (1Pet 2:5)
Spiritual sacrifices (1Pet 2:5)
_

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word translated "spiritual" is ambiguous. (...)
Well, Paul wrote a whole passage dedicated to the matter of what is a sipiritual body because of that. shouldn't we all study it?

The truth is that to understand what Paul explains, one must be "reasonable", because as Paul says in that same passage, unreasonable persons cannot realize what is "evident".

1 Cor. 15:35 Nevertheless, someone will say: “How are the dead to be raised up? Yes, with what sort of body are they coming?” 36 You unreasonable person! What you sow is not made alive unless first it dies. 37 And as for what you sow, you sow, not the body that will develop, but just a bare grain, whether of wheat or of some other kind of seed; 38 but God gives it a body just as it has pleased him, and gives to each of the seeds its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same flesh, but there is one of mankind, there is another flesh of cattle, another flesh of birds, and another of fish. 40 And there are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies; but the glory of the heavenly bodies is one sort, and that of the earthly bodies is a different sort. 41 The glory of the sun is one sort, and the glory of the moon is another, and the glory of the stars is another; in fact, one star differs from another star in glory.
42 So it is with the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised up in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised up in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised up in power. 44 It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, what is spiritual is not first. What is physical is first, and afterward what is spiritual. 47 The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48 Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we will bear also the image of the heavenly one.
50 But I tell you this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom, nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Look! I tell you a sacred secret: We will not all fall asleep in death, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the blink of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we will be changed. 53 For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this which is corruptible puts on incorruption and this which is mortal puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will take place: “Death is swallowed up forever.” 55 “Death, where is your victory? Death, where is your sting?” 56 The sting producing death is sin, and the power for sin is the Law. 57 But thanks to God, for he gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

I do not think that the concept of "spiritual body" is an enigma for those who have meditated on Paul's explanation under inspiration, just to answer the issue that the Corinthians were questioning themselves, as some believers do today. Actually, angels have spiritual bodies, and the ones who will be accepted to live there from earth, will be living among spirits, and will be like them.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse below is deliberately misquoted in order to emphasize a point.
Watch for the revision.

"It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spirit body. If there is a natural
body, there is also a spirit body." (1 Cor 15:44)

There are of course spirit bodies, e.g. angels and demons. However, the
actual word in the verse above is supposed to be spiritual rather than spirit,
which in some places relates to natural vs supernatural.

"The words that I have spoken to you are spirit" (John 6:63)

In that instance, the Greek word for spirit relates to that which is
intangible; whereas the word translated spiritual in 1Cor 15:44 is a broad
category consisting of both tangible and intangible. So then the properties of
a spiritual body aren't necessarily those of a ghostly being, rather; quite
possibly those of a superhuman being.

1Cor 15:53 . . For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this
mortal must put on immortality.

NOTE: Superhuman people are able to dine upon ordinary foods and beverages.

Matthew 26:29 . . I tell you: I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from
now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom.

Luke 22:15-16 . . I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you
before I suffer. For I tell you: I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in
the kingdom of God.

Luke 22:28-30 . .You are the ones that have stuck with me in
my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a
covenant with me, for a kingdom, that you may eat and drink at my table in
my kingdom,
_

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul contrasts "physical bodies" and "spiritual bodies." He says that Adam and his descendants are made of a different material than "the last Adam" and those who will be "heavenly" like him.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Cor 15:35 . . How are the dead raised? and with what manner of body do
they come?

All that we know of in the cosmos-- all life, matter, and energy --is
constructed with elements listed on the so-called periodic table. (There was
a time when every one of those elements were indigenous, but now several
of them are invasive, viz: man-made.)

Well; it seems reasonable to me that if God was intelligent enough,
resourceful enough, and capable enough, to create the elements we know
of, then it shouldn't be too difficult for Him to create any number of
elements heretofore unknown.

1Cor 15:50 . . However, this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot
inherit God’s kingdom, neither does corruption inherit incorruption.

(According to John 3:3-12, a portion of God's kingdom will be established on
Earth.)

Now; if I am reading the 15th chapter of 1st Corinthians correctly, then
verse 50 refers to Adam, i.e. to the original chemistry of the human body.
Supposing Jesus' spiritual body is composed of elements nobody has ever
heard of; so that instead of it transparent as thin air, it exists as heretofore
unknown material easily seen by the naked eye?

Acts 1:11 . . Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This
Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the
same way as you have watched him go into heaven.

1 John 3:2 . .We shall see him just as he is.

Rev 1:7 . . Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see
him, even those who pierced him
_

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:1 See what sort of love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are. That is why the world does not know us, because it has not come to know him. 2 Beloved ones, we are now children of God, but it has not yet been made manifest what we will be. We do know that when he is made manifest we will be like him, because we will see him just as he is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as that one is pure.

2 Pet. 1:4 Through these things he has freely given us the precious and very grand promises, that through these YOU may become sharers in divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Phil. 3:20 But our citizenship exists in the heavens, and we are eagerly waiting for a savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our humble body to be like his glorious body by his great power that enables him to subject all things to himself.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Body of Christ

Thank You,

Daniel
It is the glorified human body that was Gods intention from the beginning! It is incorruptible, immortal, Spiritual and physical. Just in ways we cannot define accurately yet.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flesh of the human body cannot be incorruptible, and that is precisely why Paul says: corruption DOES NOT INHERIT incorruption.

There are no "glorified bodies (of flesh)," but "bodies that are like the glorious body of Jesus" (Phil. 3:20) not made of flesh.

If the perfect body of Jesus had been kept in the grave longer, even if it was the body of a perfect man, it would have rotted like any other lifeless body of flesh. The meat needs "maintenance" to continue living: food, oxygen, water, correct temperature, an environment that ensures its physical integrity, etc. That is possible only on our planet, where the bodies of flesh belong and where they were created. Jesus lives in another world, a different region, or if you want to call it that: "another dimension" that is not for bodies like ours.

If Jesus has now a body of flesh, could not the Devil in a battle cut off his head? Ridiculous, right?

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am convinced it is crucially important that Jesus' crucified dead body
returned to life in its natural condition for two reasons.

1» That's the norm in the Bible.

2» The prediction at John 2:19-22 requires that his body be restored to life
in its natural condition.

* It's remarkable to me the number of Christians I encounter on the internet
who refuse to believe Jesus' crucified dead body was restored to life in its
natural condition; and yet 1Cor 15:2-4 suggests that they cannot be saved
otherwise.

FAQ: Is Jesus' body natural now, or has it undergone glorification?

REPLY: It has undergone glorification.

FAQ: When?

REPLY: That took place during his ascent to Heaven; just as his followers'
bodies will be glorified during their ascent to meet him in the air.

The thing is: the bodies of Jesus' followers won't come out of their graves
glorified. Instead; their dead bodies will be restored to life in their natural
condition first, and then everyone's body will undergo glorification all at
once.
_

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no "glorified bodies (of flesh)," but "bodies that are like the glorious
body of Jesus" (Phil. 3:20) not made of flesh.

The chemistry of Jesus' glorified body is thus far unknown. However, it is
thus far known that his body is capable of dining upon ordinary foods and
beverages.

Matt 26:29 . . I tell you: I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from
now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom.

Luke 22:15-16 . . I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you
before I suffer. For I tell you: I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in
the kingdom of God.

Luke 22:28-30 . .You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials;
and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant
with me, for a kingdom, that you may eat and drink at my table in my
kingdom
_

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Body of Christ

Thank You,

Daniel
:)

All things are spiritual, for all is in God; and all that is made manifest He spoke into existence as images for revelation by energy and light, not matter, nor even flesh.

It is written that "When He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." At which time we shall also see what we have not been.

• Sad

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 20:26, can a flesh body suddenly appear in a closed off room like Jesus did there among His disciples? Can a flesh body do that? Yes or No?

• Sad

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 20:26, can a flesh body suddenly appear in a closed off room like Jesus did there among His disciples? Can a flesh body do that? Yes or No?
Yes, he can choose to move between atoms. Also, their windows are not like ours today. Even human saints were able to appear two places at the same time and we know they were physical.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

All things are spiritual, for all is in God; and all that is made manifest He spoke into existence as images for revelation by energy and light, not matter, nor even flesh.

It is written that "When He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." At which time we shall also see what we have not been.
I like this thought.
Man was given dominion over the land and creatures that God SPOKE into existence, not over other men.

The "us " part we have received and do not understand is possibly going to blow our weak minds when we do see the " real from the imagined".

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no "glorified bodies (of flesh)," but "bodies that are like the glorious body of Jesus" (Phil. 3:20) not made of flesh.
?Jesus' Body "not made of flesh"??? What Saith The SCRIPTURE????:

Eph_5:30 "For we are members of HIS Body, of HIS Flesh, And of HIS Bones."

???

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flesh of the human body cannot be incorruptible, and that is precisely why Paul says: corruption DOES NOT INHERIT incorruption.

If the perfect body of Jesus had been kept in the grave longer, even if it was the body of a perfect man, it would have rotted like any other lifeless body of flesh. The meat needs "maintenance" to continue living: food, oxygen, water, correct temperature, an environment that ensures its physical integrity, etc. That is possible only on our planet, where the bodies of flesh belong and where they were created. Jesus lives in another world, a different region, or if you want to call it that: "another dimension" that is not for bodies like ours.

If Jesus has now a body of flesh, could not the Devil in a battle cut off his head? Ridiculous, right?
That is why the corruptible is put on with the incorruptible, and th mortal is clothed with immortality. Please do not tell God what He can or cannot do.

He changes these bodies by making the corruptible incorruptible and this mortal into immortal as Paul declared in 1 Cor. 15

Reactions: Keturah

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul only uses the idea of transformation for those who are still alive at the time of being gathered. What do you think happens to those who have died hundreds of years before Christ arrives? Do you think there will be something of them that is "transformed"?

1 Thes. 4:15 For this is what we tell YOU by Jehovah’s word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord shall in no way precede those who have fallen asleep [in death]; 16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. 17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we shall always be with [the] Lord. 18 Consequently keep comforting one another with these words.

In addition to that, as Paul well explains in the passage of 1 Cor. 15, no seed makes a tree; the seed dies and the tree is something entirely different from what the seed was. The spiritual bodies that those who are going to reign with Jesus receive, do not preserve absolutely anything of what was in the dead fleshly body that had to be discarded. It dies and the new body made of diferent material will rise. That is the first resurrection, and includes all those who belong to Christ and were dead hundreds of years before, and those who belong to Christ and are alive at the time of collection, this being what some call "rapture" or similar (in the case of the transformed, BUT NOT, in the case of the dead in Christ whose corpses already decomposed many years ago).

Last edited: