Boycott the NFL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of these overly paid football players are using their popularity, due to sport, to further a political advantage. Then when Trump voices his opinion that they should be fired for doing so, then everyone is whining about Trump bringing politics into football. Trump didn't bring politics into football. The disrespectful players did.

I am an avid football fan. But the NFL has literally squashed any desire on my part to watch them even on TV. Much less pay money to go to the games. And I don't think I am alone in this.

If these 'stupid', and yes I emphasize 'stupid', football players think they own the people, then they need a rude awakening. My advice, boycott all NFL football games . Not only do not buy tickets, but do not even watch it on TV.

I'm from Texas. As far as I care now, the Dallas Cowboys can finish last. It doesn't matter to me. I don't care to watch any game of theirs, or any others.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of these overly paid football players are using their popularity, due to sport, to further a political advantage. Then when Trump voices his opinion that they should be fired for doing so, then everyone is whining about Trump bringing politics into football. Trump didn't bring politics into football. The disrespectful players did.

I am an avid football fan. But the NFL has literally squashed any desire on my part to watch them even on TV. Much less pay money to go to the games. And I don't think I am alone in this.

If these 'stupid', and yes I emphasize 'stupid', football players think they own the people, then they need a rude awakening. My advice, boycott all NFL football games . Not only do not buy tickets, but do not even watch it on TV.

I'm from Texas. As far as I care now, the Dallas Cowboys can finish last. It doesn't matter to me. I don't care to watch any game of theirs, or any others.

Stranger
Good point, and in an ideal world, everyone would boycott.
But I think you are over reacting.
I remember back in the 70's, the big thing was to boycott grapes because all the grape growers in California were using illegal immigrants.
So I boycotted and I told others, and after a very long time I realized that my boycott was meaningless.
I was missing out on grapes for nothing was going to change.
Then there were other boycotts, most notable was walmart, which got no where because America lives at walmart.
Hollywood stars have been expressing their political views for decades and now millionaire athletes do the same.
So what?
Give up watching a good game of football because of ideals?
You'll find you are all alone in life with no entertainment.

Reactions: Josho and Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen a game since Super Bowl XX. (1986)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Good point, and in an ideal world, everyone would boycott.
But I think you are over reacting.
I remember back in the 70's, the big thing was to boycott grapes because all the grape growers in California were using illegal immigrants.
So I boycotted and I told others, and after a very long time I realized that my boycott was meaningless.
I was missing out on grapes for nothing was going to change.
Then there were other boycotts, most notable was walmart, which got no where because America lives at walmart.
Hollywood stars have been expressing their political views for decades and now millionaire athletes do the same.
So what?
Give up watching a good game of football because of ideals?
You'll find you are all alone in life with no entertainment.
I was a die hard liberal back then.

Did we ever stop to think that the illegal immigrants depended on this work?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow
You and @Job boycotted before it was fashionable !!
(I'll be out of your way as soon as I find out what cte means )
I never really liked to watch football. I was not a player and I had trouble following what was happening, so I finally stopped trying. It was so much easier to understand what was happening in a baseball game. [However, I stopped watching baseball as well before I was married [1972], except for watching my wife play softball... but that was a bit different.]

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never really liked to watch football. I was not a player and I had trouble following what was happening, so I finally stopped trying. It was so much easier to understand what was happening in a baseball game. [However, I stopped watching baseball as well before I was married [1972], except for watching my wife play softball... but that was a bit different.]
Where are you from?
Iceland?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Lol
Yeah.
I could see that!!