Brainwashing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God commands parents to teach their children the Bible.

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
Deuteronomy 6:6-7 ESV

There are people who don’t believe the Bible and don’t think it should be taught to children. Some claim that parents who teach their children the Bible are brainwashing them. Those who make this claim are right; teaching children the Bible is brainwashing them.

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word.
Ephesians 5:25-26 ESV

One effect of the word of God is to wash things.

We live in a world that is filled with physical dirt of many kinds and children can’t help being exposed to it. Parents need to make sure their children’s bodies are cleaned with water when they become dirty.

The world is also filled with moral and spiritual dirt and children’s brains become filled with temptations and false beliefs. Good parents not only make sure their children’s bodies are kept clean but also teach them the Bible so that their minds and brains will be clean.

Children aren’t the only ones who need to be brainwashed. Adults are also affected by the moral climate in which we live. I have found that to counteract the effects of this environment I need to spend time every day brainwashing myself by studying the Bible.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word.

Her, the pronoun, refers to a female, wives or church.
Which of these things are you, O Theophilus?
If you be none of these things, why do you apply it to yourself?

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
ajdiamond said:

Her, the pronoun, refers to a female, wives or church.
Which of these things are you, O Theophilus?
If you be none of these things, why do you apply it to yourself?
Do you not know that we are the Church?

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Ah, I see, We are the church....so, it's a corporate cleansing of the "We?" I wonder how that works? Because, when I read the OP, it seems as if Theophilus is saying that 'I am cleansed by the washing of the water of the word'. Is he saying, I am the church? I am the wife of the Bridegroom?

Christ and the church: a profound mystery. (Eph 5:32)

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
ajdiamond said:
Ah, I see, We are the church....so, it's a corporate cleansing of the "We?" I wonder how that works? Because, when I read the OP, it seems as if Theophilus is saying that 'I am cleansed by the washing of the water of the word'. Is he saying, I am the church? I am the wife of the Bridegroom?

Christ and the church: a profound mystery. (Eph 5:32)
Let a man so account of us, as the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 1 Corinthians 4:1

"Is he saying, I am the church? I am the wife of the Bridegroom?"

I am, hence my name and avatar. Blessings :)

Reactions: ajdiamond