Breast Cancer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone know about this stuff? How do you know if you're more at risk? How do you prevent it?

I'm so tempted to throw out all of the bleach and processed food right now. Had stage 1 cervical cancer at 17 but it was quickly fixed with cryotherapy and didn't come back, but having issues basically that are sketching me out a little bit. Doctor a few years ago said it could just be fibrosis but never had a full test.

I am feeling a little paranoid

Edit: Should have done a better title but didn't know what to call it. Sorry and didn't mean to scare anyone.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are fortunate over here in the U.K. that they do routine breast screening. Also if it runs in your family or had issues in the past. We do not have to consider how much money we have as it’s part of the NHS. If they find anything they follow it up.
Are you saying that you have found a lump, or had one some years ago but it wasn't tested?
If it’s the latter then surely two years down the line would have seen further symptoms and major issues?
Can you talk to a GP about your concerns ?
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone know about this stuff? How do you know if you're more at risk? How do you prevent it?

I'm so tempted to throw out all of the bleach and processed food right now. Had stage 1 cervical cancer at 17 but it was quickly fixed with cryotherapy and didn't come back, but having issues basically that are sketching me out a little bit. Doctor a few years ago said it could just be fibrosis but never had a full test.

Edit: Should have done a better title but didn't know what to call it. Sorry and didn't mean to scare anyone.
Your best line of defense is a good offense...In other words...have a yearly mammogram done. Any form of cancer is scary. Family history of breast cancer puts you at a higher risk.
Most cancer can be put in remission or removed if caught early. It's the cancer that isn't discovered until it has reached stage 4 that is difficult to cure because it has begun to spread to other parts of the body.
My mom died of cancer in 2016. They discovered it when they did a biopsy of her lung tissue...it was actually breast cancer. She had a mammogram done every year and they noticed a small tumor 3 years before but wasn't concerned because it wasn't growing....or so they thought...it actually was growing except it was spreading to other parts of her body and she never had xrays on her lungs until it was too late. She was in stage 4 when they tested her lungs and it came back positive.
They soon discovered it was also in her spleen, liver, pancreas and stomach.
But the tiny little tumor in her breast never increased in size. It fooled everyone.
So it's wise to have a mammogram done yearly.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I had a scare a year ago. I’ve never shook so bad in my life. I’d had a mammogram and then they put me in another room and did an ultrasound. From the concern on the woman’s face and then no waiting period for a doctor to be called in ...I knew they had found something. The doctor came in and said he felt sure it was cancer and I had did the right thing and they had caught it early. I had to come back for a sample to be taken. Then the woman taking it told me it would have to be removed after sample and she felt certain it also was something very concerning. but they would know more when the sample came back. I cried and cried and cried ...so scared. It came back as scar tissue from fibrosis. They released me to come back in a year. Mammograms is something now I’ll never put off again. I get your concerns. Please just have it looked at. I have a lot of “fibrosis” also and it does freak you out. If they burst then they can make scar tissue which is a distortion which shows up. Bbyrd...not sure if you were here when he was here. He recommended tossing a whole lemon in the blender and drinking one daily. To keep my system from becoming an environment where cancer thrives. Do not know if it helps, but I greatly appreciated the advice and help.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your best line of defense is a good offense...In other words...have a yearly mammogram done. Any form of cancer is scary. Family history of breast cancer puts you at a higher risk.
Most cancer can be put in remission or removed if caught early. It's the cancer that isn't discovered until it has reached stage 4 that is difficult to cure because it has begun to spread to other parts of the body.
My mom died of cancer in 2016. They discovered it when they did a biopsy of her lung tissue...it was actually breast cancer. She had a mammogram done every year and they noticed a small tumor 3 years before but wasn't concerned because it wasn't growing....or so they thought...it actually was growing except it was spreading to other parts of her body and she never had xrays on her lungs until it was too late. She was in stage 4 when they tested her lungs and it came back positive.
But the tiny little tumor in her breast never increased in size. It fooled everyone.
Cancer of any kind can be a scary thing. I remember in the early 1990's when they found a cancerous growth on my father's eye. At the time Oklahoma City had no facility for that kind of surgery so he went to Dallas. They removed it successfully without damaging his vision, but shortly thereafter they found a skin cancer elsewhere on his body. Within 6 months it had spread to his internal organs and he was gone.

It is nothing to fool with... My wife has had a mammogram regularly for many years now. Trust God, but make use of all that He has provided for us here via modern medical practices...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So sorry about your mom Patty. I once had a friend who started getting daily headaches, she was always asking me or someone else for aspirin. We were all concerned. The nurses and docs there talked her into getting a scan. So she did. They found a secondary tumor in her brain but could not find the primary tumor. She had so many tests, pet scans, gamma knife, radiation to her brain!
Shortly after all that, she ended up in hospice. She was such a tiny person, probably weighed like, 100 lbs so, always confused me why it was so hard to find the primary tumor...wasn't much of her to be looking at...ah, what do I know...I'm just a lab gal.

@FluffyYellowDuck , try to relax an lean on Him...fear nothing...yeah, I know...easier said than done but either way, I pray for a very good outcome with you.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry about your mom Patty. I once had a friend who started getting daily headaches, she was always asking me or someone else for aspirin. We were all concerned. The nurses and docs there talked her into getting a scan. So she did. They found a secondary tumor in her brain but could not find the primary tumor. She had so many tests, pet scans, gamma knife, radiation to her brain!
Shortly after all that, she ended up in hospice. She was such a tiny person, probably weighed like, 100 lbs so, always confused me why it was so hard to find the primary tumor...wasn't much of her to be looking at...ah, what do I know...I'm just a lab gal.

@FluffyYellowDuck , try to relax an lean on Him...fear nothing...yeah, I know...easier said than done but either way, I pray for a very good outcome with you.
Thank you Nancy, it was one of the reasons I joined CF in the beginning...to find comfort and fellowship. And that led me to CB...
It was hard to say goodbye and I do miss her.
But she is with our Father and I hope we all will be there as well very soon.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Nancy, it was one of the reasons I joined CF in the beginning...to find comfort and fellowship. And that led me to CB...
It was hard to say goodbye and I do miss her.
But she is with our Father and I hope we all will be there as well very soon.

Amen, me too. VERY soon!
Yes, I still miss my parents terribly and they've been gone since Aug. of 1990. I'll never forget their voices, their sayings, their ways. And, as much as I would LOVE to say or ask things I never did when they were alive, I'd never, ever wish them back to this wicked world. They are more alive now then they ever were, amen.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

None of us is qualified to give medical advice, but I can advise you about natural preventive medicine.
You are correct in wanting to discard many toxic substances that we are in contact with everyday -there is a long list.
Eat organic as much as possible. Avoid processes foods, fried foods in just about any oil. examine the ingredients, if the list is a long paragraph of stuff you can't pronounce, stay away. Shop in the perimeter of the store, most of the stuff in the ailes are processed. Most bread is made with HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, Hydrogenated oils, preservatives and manufacturers don't have to put it there. Just think about this, a McDonalds hamburger can last years without rotting. Why? Preservatives. The argument goes like this: If we didn't put preservatives in foods, people would get sick from the bacteria. True, so don't eat foods that aren't fresh. Think about this, If preservatives prevent bacteria from spoiling the food, how is the good bacteria in your gut (probiotics) going to digest it? Not too easily!
Daves organic bread is good. We make our own bread, it tastes better and we know what's in it. Just about every oil except olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil is bad - especially for cooking. Most oils burn at high heat above 175 - even olive oil and so the best for cooking is Organic cold pressed coconut oil. Stay away from sugar - it's hard to - at least limit it. 40% of Americans are obese because they are consuming 10- 20 times more sugar than we did 70 years ago. Every illness feeds off sugar - so if you are sick - avoid sugar intake. Cancer feeds on sugar! Do doctors tell you to avoid sugar when you are sick - I wonder why they don't?
Also, use natural soaps and cleansers like castille soap and Next Generation Detergent. Buy non-toxic shampoos. Coconut oil is good for the body too.
-------
Now __ this specifically pertains to Breast Cancer. Angelina Jolie cut her breasts off because the doctor told her it was genetic and she had an 80% chance of getting it. I guess her mom died of it and so she was freaked out. DON'T DO THAT!!!
A study was done about the frequency of breast cancer in countries around the world. Guess what country has one of the lowest incidence of Breast Cancer? Japan.
Why? Doctors have known for a long time that we need iodine in our diets - which is why a long time ago they iodized salt. Americans are deficient in iodine. Going back 50 years or so, we weren't freaked out about salt intake. Now people are avoiding salt in fear of high blood pressure and so are not getting the iodine. Japanese are not. They consume 4x as much. How? Seaweed -they like seaweed.
So this doctor that did the study discovered that iodine deficiency may lead to breast cancer. Actually salt was very valuable, used as money for trade. We need salt. Salt is a cleanser, it also heals. If you had a rash or poison ivy, take a dip in the ocean and lay out in the sun for a couple days - it will dry up.
To add to that, people avoid the sun and so half of Americans are vitamin D deficient as well (which will aid in battling bacteria or viral infections).
You look like an Amish girl - now all you have to do is eat like one and you'll be fine.
------------
***Disclaimer: This is not medical advice, just a wholesome natural way to eat and be healthy.

Sometimes we need a doctor. My mother just had a heart attack. She is 88 and needed to go to the hospital. If she didn't take aspirin right away, she would not have made it there. And at this point, they can't do anything else for her, she is dying. But let me tell you, she lived healthy and didn't see a doctor for 40 years, was never on prescription drugs until recently - had to, half her heart was not functioning and so had endema in her feet. I am praying - but prepared waiting for that call.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us is qualified to give medical advice, but I can advice you about natural preventive medicine.
You are correct in wanting to discard many toxic substances that we are in contact with everyday -there is a long list.
Eat organic as much as possible. Avoid processes foods, fried foods in just about any oil. examine the ingredients, if the list is a long paragraph of stuff you can't pronounce, stay away. Shop in the perimeter of the store, most of the stuff in the ailes are processed. Most bread is made with HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, Hydrogenated oils, preservatives and manufacturers don't have to out it there. Just think anout this, a McDonalds hamburger can last years without rotting. Why? Preservatives. The argument gies like this: If we didnt out oreservatives in foods, people would get sick from the bacteria. True, so don't eat foods that aren't fresh. Think about this, If preservatives prevent bacteria from spoiling the food, how is the good bacteria in your gut (probiotics) going to digest it? Not too easily!
Daves organic bread is good. We make our own bread, it tastes better and we know what's in it. Just about every oil except olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil is bad - especially for cooking. Most oils burn at high heat above 175 - even olive oil and so the best for cooking is Organic cold pressed coconut oil. Stay away from sugar - it's hard to - at least limit it. 40% of Americans are obese because they are consuming 10- 20 times more sugar than we did 70 years ago. Every illness feeds off sugar - so if you are sick - avoid sugar intake. Cancer feeds on sugar! Do doctors tell you to avoid sugar when you are sick - I wonder why they don't?
Also, use natural soaps and cleansers like castille soap and Next Generation Detergent. Buy non-toxic shampoos. Coconut oil is good for the body too.
-------
Now __ this specifically pertains to Breast Cancer. Angelina Jolie cut her breasts off because the doctor told her it was genetic and she had an 80% chance of getting it. I guess her mom died of it and so she was freaked out. DON'T DO THAT!!!
A study was done about the frequency of breast cancer in countries around the world. Guess what country has one of the lowest incidence of Breast Cancer? Japan.
Why? Doctors have known for a long time that we need iodine in our diets - which is why a long time ago they oxidized salt. Americans are deficient in iodine. Going back 50 years or so, we weren't freaked out about salt intake. Now people are avoiding salt in fear of high blood pressure and so are not getting the iodine. Japanese are not. They consume 4x as much. How? Seaweed -they like seaweed.
So this doctor that did the study discovered that iodine deficiency may lead to breast cancer. Actually salt was very valuable, used as money for trade. We need salt. Salt is a cleanser, it also heals. If you had a rash or poison ivy, take a dip in the ocean and lay out in the sun for a couple days - it will dry up.
To add to that, people avoid the sun and so half of Americans are vitamin D deficient as well (which will aid in battling bacteria or viral infections).
You look like an Amish girl - now all you have to do is eat like one and you'll be fine.
------------
***Disclaimer: This is not medical advice, just a wholesome natural way to eat and be healthy.

Sometimes we need a doctor. My mother just had a heart attack. She is 88 and needed to go to the hospital. If she didn't take aspirin right away, she would not have made it there. And at this point, they can't do anything else for her, she is dying. But let me tell you, she lived healthy and didn't see a doctor for 40 years, was never on prescription drugs until recently - had to, half her heart was not functioning and so had endema in her feet. I am praying - but prepared waiting for that call.
Actually, I am an RN and part of my job description is to teach patients about their illness, medications, nutrition, physical therapy, port care (for chemo)....provide resources for them to utilize if necessary such as group therapy....
I don't diagnose the problem just treat it and the patient.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I am an RN and part of my job description is to teach patients about their illness, medications, nutrition, physical therapy, port care (for chemo)....provide resources for them to utilize if necessary such as group therapy....
God bless you, you need a big heart to do what you do, with a warm smile, positive and encouraging manor. I am sure people appreciate your efforts - thousands. They will come up to you in heaven and say, "Hey, remember me, I was in the hospital and you helped me get through a tough time, thanks again." I think one of the rewards in heaven (which is based on our works) will be to share in God's glory from all those acts of love we contributed, returned to us in gratitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are fortunate over here in the U.K. that they do routine breast screening. Also if it runs in your family or had issues in the past. We do not have to consider how much money we have as it’s part of the NHS. If they find anything they follow it up.
Are you saying that you have found a lump, or had one some years ago but it wasn't tested?
If it’s the latter then surely two years down the line would have seen further symptoms and major issues?
Can you talk to a GP about your concerns ?
Rita
She did the hand test thing, but this was many years ago. Probably in 2013? I didn't get the test with the machine. She said more than likely it was fibrosis and kind of made it sound like it wasn't anything to worry about. I think you're right since it's been so long there hasn't been anything too bad.

I was worrying yesterday because I was having pain on one side and a weird symptom that I won't describe here, but looking over it now it sounds more like perimenopause than anything. I know they said I had low FSH at that time and I don't know if that's related but it sounds like it would be. I take progesterone and evening primrose oil for half of the month. Otherwise I get awful hot flashes and horrible depression. Other symptoms, too. (I am almost 34)

They give you lots of information about first puberty but not "getting older" puberty. LOL There's been all sorts of things in my 30s that I wasn't used to.

I'm sorry for those of you who lost someone because of this. My grandmother had it and an aunt (who I was not close with... I have a large family) died I believe at the age of 38 from breast cancer. I know it runs in my family, so I more so want to take precautions. I hadn't been and now I scared myself into taking steps. It wasn't anything I had ever really thought about too much before.

Think about this, If preservatives prevent bacteria from spoiling the food, how is the good bacteria in your gut (probiotics) going to digest it? Not too easily!

I've never considered that but I think you're right. Fortunately, I don't eat a lot of it but I *used* to! Most things I make myself. I'm going to do it more though. I also need to get a lot better at cleaning the rice. You're supposed to soak rice overnight to remove 80% of the arsenic and I never do it. I'll start now. I also never wash vegetables with soap/brush. Ever. I rinse it off even though I know I basically didn't do anything about it.

Women are so pressured to put things on their face and cover from head to toe. I looked up a lot of the products on EWG's Cosmetic Database and it scared me. People would be amazed by how many products have chemicals that cause cancer.

LOL at Amish girl. I eat mostly Indian food. :D Which fortunately, since a lot of them are vegetarian, also means I don't meat more than twice a week usually. I love a good steak but we overdo it in the US and it's the only thing I'd be willing to pay extra for the organic.

God bless you. Not an easy job. <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless you, you need a big heart to do what you, with a warm smile, positive and encouraging. I am sure people appreciate your efforts - thousands. They will come up to you in heaven and say, "Hey, remember me, I was in the hospital and you helped me get through a tough time, thanks again." I think one of the rewards in heaven (which is based on our works) will be to share in God's glory from all those acts of love we contributed, returned to us in gratitude.
Thank you, I love caring for others and being a part of their healing.❤

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My mum had a lump but kept putting off going to the doctor until it was too large so it's important to see the GP if you have any concerns and get regular mammograms if they are available.

I found a lump in my breast in the late 70s and about that time my CoE church had started the practice of calling people out to the front for prayer during the Sunday evening service. My mother had died of breast cancer so I was worried but at each opportunity I went forward for prayer as well as seeing the consultant at the hospital who I discovered was also a Christian. And I knew the peace that transcends understanding throughout this time.

In due course I went into hospital to have my surgery to either remove the lump or for a mastectomy whichever was deemed the most appropriate treatment once I was in the operating theatre. My husband took me in and waited till I was in bed and then for one last time prayed for me to receive healing. During all this time I felt complete peace and knew I was in God’s hands.

Shortly after my husband left me on the ward a doctor and the anaesthetist came to check me out before my pre-med injections. I was examined thoroughly but the doctor could find no lump so I was discharged. I KNEW God had healed me and there was great rejoicing both at home and at church.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In our modern civilisation ingesting all sorts of toxins that previous generations weren't subject to, is accelerating.
The onslaught is multi pronged and everywhere people suffer. The attacks, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual are not always seen as such and even defended by well meaning folk. Delusion is pretty much becoming the norm.

Without God's guidance and protection folk are sitting ducks. Wisdom, discernment and choices where the rubber hits the road towards simple living is mandatory to mitigate the onslaught.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are loved my dear sister . You will be prayed for as well .

Reactions: DuckieLady

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let all our hope , trust and faith be in the Glorious Lord . He is with us through it all .
Let us be praying for our dear sister as well .

Reactions: DuckieLady

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

okay, I’ve read this thread .

all posts have good things to say.

But what I found missing was what you need more than anything else -A WORD FROM THE LORD.

just get quiet , ask the Lord to give you a word. It may take a few days ...He’s your Father , ask Him for a dream , vision, or for a scripture to jump out to you from the page.

Once when I needed a directive word to stand upon. All I ever got , day after day was , rest, trust , don’t be anxious. Etc etc...

Finally I told Him that I would roll it upon Him.
I asked Him for His supernatural peace to do the trusting.

I walk with Him in peace , whenever the devil whispered in my ear and gave me panic attacks ...Id re -read the scriptures that I felt that The Lord gave me. Always write down what
He speaks....and use it as a weapon against the Enemy.
I’ve had my fair share of panic attacks and the dark cloud that descends ...

In my many years I’ve had directives to stand ,pray and believe for healing. :)

I’ve also had peace from Him to have two surgeries .

All I am saying in all this rambling is ...once you hear from Him, you will have peace , then in peace He will show you what to do , or not do.

know for sure that Jesus is in this storm, and He is saying -“ Behold , it is I, be not afraid. “
He’s always with us in trouble ...and in the storms ...
Once you get peace you can then be lead by Him.

my friend @ Pearl can give you her personal testimony ...I hope she sees this thread.
Like I say , I have had many healings , some quickly, some I’ve had to stand and believe for months before healing came......and like I say , I’ve also had surgeries ...:)

my dear sister ...”Go with God “ its His advice you need , not ours. :)
Edit.

haha I notice that @Pearl has already given the testimony that I was thinking of....praise God.
God bless you x

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okay, I’ve read this thread .

all posts have good things to say.

But what I found missing was what you need more than anything else -A WORD FROM THE LORD.

just get quiet , ask the Lord to give you a word. It may take a few days ...He’s your Father , ask Him for a dream , vision, or for a scripture to jump out to you from the page.

Once when I needed a directive word to stand upon. All I ever got , day after day was , rest, trust , don’t be anxious. Etc etc...

Finally I told Him that I would roll it upon Him.
I asked Him for His supernatural peace to do the trusting.

I walk with Him in peace , whenever the devil whispered in my ear and gave me panic attacks ...Id re -read the scriptures that I felt that The Lord gave me. Always write down what
He speaks....and use it as a weapon against the Enemy.
I’ve had my fair share of panic attacks and the dark cloud that descends ...

In my many years I’ve had directives to stand ,pray and believe for healing. :)

I’ve also had peace from Him to have two surgeries .

All I am saying in all this rambling is ...once you hear from Him, you will have peace , then in peace He will show you what to do , or not do.

know for sure that Jesus is in this storm, and He is saying -“ Behold , it is I, be not afraid. “
He’s always with us in trouble ...and in the storms ...
Once you get peace you can then be lead by Him.

my friend @ Pearl can give you her personal testimony ...I hope she sees this thread.
Like I say , I have had many healings , some quickly, some I’ve had to stand and believe for months before healing came......and like I say , I’ve also had surgeries ...:)

my dear sister ...”Go with God “ its His advice you need , not ours. :)
Edit.

haha I notice that @Pearl has already given the testimony that I was thinking of....praise God.
God bless you x

Thank you Helen. :) I can't seem to get a direct answer but I think either the lump reduced in size yesterday morning or I can't find it, I can't tell which one. I'm not in pain, at least, I can say that.

I do think that it was God's way of getting through to my head that I needed to make serious lifestyle changes and give me a little "nudge" to do so. As a result, I officially have not smoked at all since yesterday evening, which is the one thing I've had a hard time giving up for years because I didn't actually want to quit. Which might be why he didn't respond to me and just let me go through the motions. :D

I do not want one at all now because it scares me.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you Helen. :) I can't seem to get a direct answer but I think either the lump reduced in size yesterday morning or I can't find it, I can't tell which one. I'm not in pain, at least, I can say that.

I do think that it was God's way of getting through to my head that I needed to make serious lifestyle changes and give me a little "nudge" to do so. As a result, I officially have not smoked at all since yesterday evening, which is the one thing I've had a hard time giving up for years because I didn't actually want to quit. Which might be why he didn't respond to me and just let me go through the motions. :D

I do not want one at all now because it scares me.
good on you Fluffy....I'm gunning for you.....and God will give you the strength! Overcoming is the objective.