Building The Bridge!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enough with everybody still talking about the racial divide between whites and blacks. The Spirit of God is saying it's time to start building the bridge. Creating a thread for anyone who wants to share something about how they're drawing closer to people on the other side of tracks. I have a dear brother - a black cashier that I see nearly every morning while at work - and such an encouragement to me. We encourage each other about everything, and so I decided to open up to him about something personal I was going through. I was afraid he might judge me on it, but as usual, not only did he understand but he said he was going to present it to his prayer group as an anonymous request. And things have definitely been better since, so apparently somebody out here knows how to reach God.

Seems I can always relate to my colored friends well, more than I realize. I had another friend - a boxer - and whenever we took time to stop and talk about things (especially women), we were on the same page, and it felt good having someone who fully understood me. I have sisters I talk to at night as well, and it's amazing how much we have in common and see things the same way.

So here's to building the bridge instead of concentrating on how it's all bad, and the divide is too wide. That's nonsense. The bridge is right there. All we have to do is cross it.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden

An old song I used to love. The bass player for this group was black, and one of my earliest musical influences. Tiran Porter was incredibly melodic and creative. Amazing how the races can get together and make great music together if they set aside their differences and just walk in harmony.

From a member of the band: “‘Taking It To The Streets’ is about the day-to-day situations we all find ourselves in. It’s about the fact that all of us are all in the same bowl of soup. We’re all much in the same situations so let’s get it together and do something constructive." - Jeff Baxter

The-Doobie-brothers-928440.jpg

Reactions: Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The colour of a person's skin has never been an issue with me. From a very young age I was taught by my mum that skin colour doesn't matter. I do not understand racism but understand why certain sections of society get angry and feel they are targeted by the police. There was an item on the news yesterday about a couple of Olympians stopped by the police because they were in a fancy car. The woman had a child in her lap but the police woman raised her baton and tried to drag the victim out of the car. The guy said he has been stopped on numerous occasions just for the fact he is a black guy in a fancy car. It's utterly disgraceful. But in fact it isn't only black skinned people who get discriminated against. Discrimination can be because of your gender, your age, your body shape, your accent etc.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enough with everybody still talking about the racial divide between whites and blacks. The Spirit of God is saying it's time to start building the bridge.
Thanks for starting this thread. Jesus commands us to love one another!

Sometimes, when I'm out shopping, the Holy Spirit will direct me to tell a specific person that Jesus loves them. One day in Walmart He directed me to say this to an older black man as I passed him on one of the aisles. I never know what to expect when I tell people this. I haven't always gotten a positive response.... But this man threw his arms up in the air and loudly exclaimed, "Praise the Lord!" He went on and on about how much he needed to hear that Jesus loves him!

My daughter has also been led to do this. I have to say that this is the response my daughter and I get from blacks. Such joy and exuberance about the Lord! It blesses me more than I can say!

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enough with everybody still talking about the racial divide between whites and blacks. The Spirit of God is saying it's time to start building the bridge.
Jesus , according to God's Word (Scripture, Torah, The Bible) brought down the dividing barrier long ago, and this is accomplished all along by the Father in Heaven as we trust Him.

There is still a gulf between us and unbelievers, but no such gulf between believers, in Christ Jesus.

The "racial divide" is a social, worldly thing. We do not get entangled in such things. (a good soldier does not get entangled in the affairs of this world, as written in Scripture for out instruction)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Enough with everybody still talking about the racial divide between whites and blacks. The Spirit of God is saying it's time to start building the bridge. Creating a thread for anyone who wants to share something about how they're drawing closer to people on the other side of tracks.

Maybe we should be more concerned with leading someone to Christ then worrying about about what the News Media has trained a lot of easily deceived people to believe is all that matters, currently.
But if that is not right, then just only worry about what the New Media decides you should be thinking about and worry about, next.
Listen, if you love your neighbor as yourself, you are always a bridge builder.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The colour of a person's skin has never been an issue with me. From a very young age I was taught by my mum that skin colour doesn't matter.

My dad raised me the same way. I remember he was very into racial equality. I remember him even liking Sly and the Family Stone, who were a cool band back in his day who deliberately tried to bridge the racial divide. My dad wasn't much of a music guy, so it was kinda funny thinking of him being into Sly and the Family Stone. (Dad was as white as a piece of Evangeline bread, LoL). But he did everything he could to raise me right.

Reactions: Pearl

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for starting this thread. Jesus commands us to love one another!

Sometimes, when I'm out shopping, the Holy Spirit will direct me to tell a specific person that Jesus loves them. One day in Walmart He directed me to say this to an older black man as I passed him on one of the aisles. I never know what to expect when I tell people this. I've haven't always gotten a positive response.... But this man through his arms up in the air and loudly exclaimed, "Praise the Lord!" He went on and on about how much he needed to hear that Jesus loves him!

My daughter has also been led to do this. I have to say that this is the response my daughter and I get from blacks. Such joy and exuberance about the Lord! It blesses me more than I can say!

I love this! And that's precisely what the Spirit is calling us to do. My cashier friend jokes a lot. Makes me laugh. He was talking the other day about somebody treating him wrong, and then said he felt like he as being treated like the Butler from The Jefferson's, LoL. Not sure if you remember the show, but he was using racial humor in reverse. It was refreshing. I laughed out loud while walking out the door : )

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus , according to God's Word (Scripture, Torah, The Bible) brought down the dividing barrier long ago, and this is accomplished all along by the Father in Heaven as we trust Him.

There is still a gulf between us and unbelievers, but no such gulf between believers, in Christ Jesus.

The "racial divide" is a social, worldly thing. We do not get entangled in such things. (a good soldier does not get entangled in the affairs of this world, as written in Scripture for out instruction)

Amen. Wonderful post!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this! And that's precisely what the Spirit is calling us to do. My cashier friend jokes a lot. Makes me laugh. He was talking the other day about somebody treating him wrong, and then said he felt like he as being treated like the Butler from The Jefferson's, LoL. Not sure if you remember the show, but he was using racial humor in reverse. It was refreshing. I laughed out loud while walking out the door : )
Yup, I remember the show. “We’re moving on up to the Eastside....”

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likewise,
as written, (and follow up with HOW DID JESUS LIVE? Did Jesus react at all to being despised, rejected, spit upon ? )
(Jesus said we should expect no better treatment than He , as our teacher, received - and we should live as He Lived)

Isaiah 53:3 NLT - He was despised and… | Biblia
isaiah/53/3
"3 He was despised and rejected— a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care."

What Does the Bible Say About He Was Despised And Rejected ...

"68 Bible Verses about He Was Despised And Rejected By Men. Isaiah 53:3 ESV / 16 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.