Bummer Lambs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found this on my Facebook page.... Every once in a while, a ewe will give birth to a lamb and reject it. If the lamb is returned to the ewe, the mother may even kick the poor animal away. Once a ewe rejects one of her lambs, she will never change her mind.

These little lambs will hang their heads so low that it looks like something is wrong with its neck. Their spirit is broken. These lambs are called “bummer lambs.”

Unless the shepherd intervenes, that lamb will die, rejected and alone. So, do you know what the shepherd does? He takes that rejected little one into his home, hand-feeds it and keep it warm by the fire. He will wrap it up with blankets and hold it to his chest so the bummer can hear his heartbeat.

Once the lamb is strong enough, the shepherd will place it back in the field with the rest of the flock. But that sheep never forgets how the shepherd cared for him when his mother rejected him.

When the shepherd calls for the flock, guess who runs to him first? That is right, the bummer sheep. He knows his voice intimately. It is not that the bummer lamb is loved more, it just knows intimately the one who loves it.

So many of us are bummer lambs, rejected and broken. But He is the good Shepherd. He cares for our every need and holds us close to His heart so we can hear His heart beat. We may be broken but we are deeply loved by the Shepherd.

From one bummer sheep to another… I love you!

122337514_10220395260805687_4975688740339590707_n.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found this on my Facebook page.... Every once in a while, a ewe will give birth to a lamb and reject it. If the lamb is returned to the ewe, the mother may even kick the poor animal away. Once a ewe rejects one of her lambs, she will never change her mind.

These little lambs will hang their heads so low that it looks like something is wrong with its neck. Their spirit is broken. These lambs are called “bummer lambs.”

Unless the shepherd intervenes, that lamb will die, rejected and alone. So, do you know what the shepherd does? He takes that rejected little one into his home, hand-feeds it and keep it warm by the fire. He will wrap it up with blankets and hold it to his chest so the bummer can hear his heartbeat.

Once the lamb is strong enough, the shepherd will place it back in the field with the rest of the flock. But that sheep never forgets how the shepherd cared for him when his mother rejected him.

When the shepherd calls for the flock, guess who runs to him first? That is right, the bummer sheep. He knows his voice intimately. It is not that the bummer lamb is loved more, it just knows intimately the one who loves it.

So many of us are bummer lambs, rejected and broken. But He is the good Shepherd. He cares for our every need and holds us close to His heart so we can hear His heart beat. We may be broken but we are deeply loved by the Shepherd.

How wonderful!

I'm guessing there are a few out there as well; ones that the church rejected but Jesus did not, and who abide closer to Him than the rest until they are mature enough to take their place in the body without needing to be dependent upon anyone anymore. As the scripture says, "owing no man but to love him."

Nice thread. It's always good to know things like this. One never knows when the body of Christ might reject you for something, or maybe someone we hold in honor or of special value to us. I think of spouses who suddenly divorce, for instance. But the Lord notices. And he cares for those others won't, until they emerge stronger than anyone, because they have come through to a place of knowing where to place their trust first and foremost.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Awww...I want one!

Great analogy! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this! Thank you for sharing :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"When I don't belong, You say I am yours" <---Lauren Daigle lyrics from "You Say"
Very close to my heart this particular lyric is.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's beautiful! Thanks for that. Glad to read something uplifting and inspiring.
Bible Quotes 06-12-16.jpg

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How wonderful!

Much love!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rockytopva
Bummer lambs? Something like lepers?

"Command the children of Israel, that they put out of the camp every leper, and every one that hath an issue, and whosoever is defiled by the dead:
Both male and female shall ye put out, without the camp shall ye put them; that they defile not their camps, in the midst whereof I dwell." Numbers 5:2-3

And then consider the Shepherd:

"And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed." Mark 1:40-42

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Excellent way of putting it! Sometimes I wish there was a love button. Ba-a-ack at you, bummer sheep. BLM - bummer lambs matter! lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Thank you for your service, rockytopva!. Shalom.

Last edited by a moderator: