By Strength or by the Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DanielGarneau

Apr 19, 2014
Quebec City, Province of Quebec, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
«Then he [the angel, Zechariah 4:1] said to me [the prophet Zechariah], "This is what the Lord says to Zerubbabel: It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of Heaven's Armies. Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel's way; it will become a level plain before him! And when Zerubbabel sets the final stone of the Temple in place, the people will shout: 'May God bless it! May God bless it' "» (Zechariah 4:6-7, New Living Translation).

What circumstances of your life require trusting in the Lord, as the prophet Zechariah invited Zorobabel to do in his day?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um, what circumstances require trust in the Lord?

Praying for someone in person the moment I'm asked to ''do a healing*''... getting a
cold call from the bedside of a Wiccan /pagan or immediatly to a dying person in a coma
being kept alive by machines breathing her, pumping her heart, in the ICU...
or being asked to help get a 'possible' spirit out of a house that hasn't sold for 2 solid
years sitting vacant...I'm out the door within minutes.
Never having a care in the world when ya don't have the $1000 mortgage every month...but knowing it will be taken care by your Father with a smile.
The list goes on...btw way, next morning person was out of the coma smiling and talking...house got paid off with a $100,000 gift....and on and on...belief..
knowing.
no force stronger than that.

God had it when He said, "Let there be light.' :)

Funny, just started a thread a bit on this in Debate.

* we all know it is the Holy Spirit that heals

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
270b5ae.jpg
hmm, hard to improve on that one, i guess; so here's a better pitcher of you! :)
interesting that God did all that for "seed of Babylon" huh?

Reactions: pia

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not by might it's not by power but by my spirit saith the Lord of hosts.

He said our strength is to sit still. Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, walk and not faint.

We wait. We have real problems but trust Jesus. If I told you what was going on in our life you'd weep. So I'll not tell you. Just say that though He slay us yet will we trust Him.

I'm encouraged by others - their experiences. Corrie Ten Boom and her sister Betsy walked hand in hand around Ravensbruck concentration/death camp. How did they continue to believe that God loved them? Was REALLY still for them? Yet they did. God is no respecter of persons so I have access to what they had. It helps, it connects the word of God to life. It is a commentary on the truth of the Bible.

This is my belief in the face of the crushing things I face in our life. This and this alone.;

Romans 8:36-39 KJVS
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. [37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. [38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Reactions: DanielGarneau

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
narf :)
oh, just go to...here, and migrate it to your avatar. to get this btw, i typed in your name to Gimages, found the image on the middle-left, about three rows down, clicked on it, clicked "view image," and grabbed that url for the migrate, which url i will post here
https://media-exp2.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrink_200_200/p/2/005/089/0e9/270b5ae.jpg

@DanielGarneau
the same url that the little "image" icon in the banner on top by the smilie icon wants to insert an image into a post
camel-close-up-face-view-desert-big-nose-animal-2161-resized.jpg

any image you can say
:D
bein alive is heckn swell

Last edited:
Reactions: DanielGarneau

DanielGarneau

Apr 19, 2014
Quebec City, Province of Quebec, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
narf :)
the same url that the little "image" icon in the banner on top by the smilie icon wants to insert an image into a post
camel-close-up-face-view-desert-big-nose-animal-2161-resized.jpg

any image you can say
:D
bein alive is heckn swell

Thank you. As you can see, my avatar is no longer fuzzy :cool:, although it is tinier :confused:, which is OK :eek:, as far as I am concerned o_O. For a larger version, visit my FaceBook page, where you will also be able to see a picture of my wife and I on vacations :rolleyes:. God bless and good night :(.

Reactions: bbyrd009