C.S. Lewis, The Space Trilogy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read it?

One of my most memorable childhood reads!

Especially That Hideous Strength. Simplifying deception and betrayal for young minds to get ahold of.

I think this was my first understanding of what real evil is. I read this when I was like 8 or 9.

Have you read this?

Have you read other Lewis?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read it?

One of my most memorable childhood reads!

Especially That Hideous Strength. Simplifying deception and betrayal for young minds to get ahold of.

I think this was my first understanding of what real evil is. I read this when I was like 8 or 9.

Have you read this?

Have you read other Lewis?

Much love!

Oh, he is my favorite author!!! I am not sure if I ever did read "That Hideous Strength" but I did read "Mere Christianity" and (my fave) The Screwtape Letters" and have read them several times over the decades. The Screwtape Letters is so enlightening as to how Satan and his minions work in our lives...eye opening! ♥

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, he is my favorite author!!! I am not sure if I ever did read "That Hideous Strength" but I did read "Mere Christianity" and (my fave) The Screwtape Letters" and have read them several times over the decades. The Screwtape Letters is so enlightening as to how Satan and his minions work in our lives...eye opening! ♥

Have you had a chance to see the play? I don't know if this is in your area or not. My wife and I went some years ago, it was really amazing! The whole 2nd half I was on the edge of me seat!

Fellowship for the Performing arts presents The Screwtape Letters

Screwtape Letters is my wife's fave of his, that and Mere Christianity.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I did not even know there WAS a play! Awesome!

Well, it will not be coming to a theater near me any time soon, lol. I will keep watch tho, as I would love to see this played out!