Cain and Abel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Remember Cain and Abel from so long ago.

Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
Gen 4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
Gen 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
Gen 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
Gen 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

See Abel gave what was from God, not the works of his hands, for all the increase was from God, while Cain worked his own work to produce what he gave to God, adn because Cains offering was not found acceptable he got Jealous and slew his brother.

See all te hfruit that Christ produced was from God, it was not teh works of His own hands.. but christians in there desire to please God are forever offering God teh works of there own hands just like Cain. for some it is keeping teh "law", for some it is "study to find ones self aproved", for others it is church, than there are monks and priests and Nuns all supposedly givning up teh world to please God, all works of teh flesh just like Cain, than when one comes to show them the workd of God the yget Jealous, because thewre works are not aproved. Gdo has no cause too aprove of our selfish self ceneterd works, trying to outdoo Chrust and stealing His glory, for all our works undo the good works that He did, thinking somehow if I can just do this Ican save myself, Such is teh foolichness of man, God approves of us because of what Christ did, and nothing we can do will ever come even close to what He did. Faith that is our work to believe the promisis of God, all elese is futility and the works of the flesh, like cain.

Rom_8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Gal_3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal_4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

In al His most abundant Love

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i believe able gave the best of his labor to God(the sheep). cain kept the best for himself(fruits, vegetables, and ect) and gave God the leftovers.

God bless

Reactions: n2thelight

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question. Without a doubt, Cain was not a child of God. Did Adam and Eve love Cain? If so, is that a mistaken love?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God loves us. as arrogant, proud and foolish as we are, and sometimes i wonder why He even puts up with us, Is that mistaken Love???

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, of course they loved Cain. How could they not? But it seems there would come a time in Cains life where they would see his opposition to God. And after he killed Abel, I wonder if they loved him still.

Gal.4:29 is interesting. Mainly because it is not talking about a 'spiritual' birth such as when we are 'born-again'. It is the natural birth. Yet one is declared a child of the flesh at this birth. And one is declared a child of the Spirit at this birth. So, it seems at our very beginning, we are already of God or not of God.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:12 says Cain was of that wicked one.

Just saying.... Something to think about.

Reactions: Nancy

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Stranger said:
Yet one is declared a child of the flesh at this birth. And one is declared a child of the Spirit at this birth. So, it seems at our very beginning, we are already of God or not of God.

Stranger
No, we are declared a child of the flesh when we come out of mother womb. We are declared a child of the spirit when we come to faith in Jesus Christ.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
No, we are declared a child of the flesh when we come out of mother womb. We are declared a child of the spirit when we come to faith in Jesus Christ.
But Gal. 4:29 is talking about the natural births. (Gal. 4:22-23) " For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. "

Then, (Gal.4:28-29) " Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now."

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Stranger said:
But Gal. 4:29 is talking about the natural births. (Gal. 4:22-23) " For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. "

Then, (Gal.4:28-29) " Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now."

Stranger
How do you become children of promise or a freewoman. What must you do?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you become children of promise or a freewoman. What must you do?
Nothing. You are a child of promise born of the freewoman. You are by the declaration of God.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nothing. You are a child of promise born of the freewoman
Us gentiles as far as I am ware are not the seed of Abraham and therefore by that standard not children of promise as the covenant was made with Him and His descendants not us.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why does Rom 10:9-10 exist.
Because you still need to be saved. Even though your birthright is correct, being of God,a child of promise, you still are born into the fallen race of Adam.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Us gentiles as far as I am ware are not the seed of Abraham and therefore by that standard not children of promise as the covenant was made with Him and His descendants not us.
I believe we in Christ are of Abraham's seed.

(Gal. 3:29) " And if ye be Christ's then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

(Gal 4:28) " Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise."

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
1 John 3:12 says Cain was of that wicked one.

Just saying.... Something to think about.
Yes, that is interesting. I believe we have or don't have a Godly heritage at birth. This is what Jesus said in (John 3:3). "...Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." The term 'born again' here is really 'born from above'. Just like when Christ said He is from 'above'. (John 8:23) "...Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world."

So, if ones heritage is not right, if he is not of God, or from above, then he cannot even see the kingdom of God. If one is from above, then he can see the kingdom of God and will eventually one day enter that kingdom. (John 3:5) "...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Stranger

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thread mjr

Both Eve and adam were the creation of God. There was no promises made in their birth.

After Adam and Eve their children were created by the flesh; the work of a man & a woman. To say they are created by God is an error of thought.

As for promise, Abraham had two children. One was by the activities of the flesh. The other was a child that God promised to give them. It happened because of God's promise therefore he was the child of God's promise.

Today we are children of God because we believe, have faith in, trust in, confidence in God's promise of His Grace. Therefore we are also children of promise in the gospel God gave to Paul for us. Just as Abraham believed God's promise of a child thru Sarah the childern of God believe in the promise of salvation thru the shed blood of God's Son on the cross. Abraham had faith in God's promise and we today must have faith in God's promise in the message Jesus gave to Paul.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
bbyrd009 said:
"Cain and Abel" i am both of them
meaning that i might like to characterize myself as being Abel, a Shepherd, and not Cain, a Tiller of his Own Soil, but then i miss the lesson of Cain, and fail to connect when i am plowing my own ground with the lessons of Cain.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i am "two men in a bed," and denying this is not conducive to salvation, and participating in some apostate ritual does not change the fact, as the Book plainly tells us, in many places. "One will be taken, and the other left" is the process of a lifetime; or else you believe in magic, and you will manifest your interpretation either way. Iow no matter what you "confess," physically, "as above, so below" tells us that your confession will reflect your faith, and will reveal itself in many ways, every way, i guess? one of them being an inability to overcome Scriptures that don't fit your dogma--iow you won't be able to explain plain statements made in the Book that contradict your opinion of salvation (thus fulfilling "separating joints from marrow;" as in the ishtar example, wadr)

to put that another way, easter is quite obviously not in the Bible, and can only be found in the kjv and its variations, which nonetheless have a Lexicon, too, and the mere click of a button reveals the lie now. Yet it is i that am characterized as "not caring what the Bible says," and you will surely be promoted, despite spewing demeaning yack in every post--do you have a single post that does not contain a put-down?--while i am censored, and then blocked, for quoting Scripture. You are thus the "Good Christian," and i am the...well, the list of names that i have already been called here. I'm surprised that i'm still able to post, frankly.