Cain who was he ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain

Who was this man Cain. It's clear Cain was the son of Satan. What would lead anyone to believe this.

For me Gods word tells me this. The first thing to tell us is we don't find Cain in Adams genealogy. Why isn't he there ? Jesus tells us in Matthew 24 :33-35 Ye serpents ye generation of vipers how can ye escape the damnation of hell ? Wherefore behold I send unto you prophets and wise men and scribes and some of them ye shall kill and crucify and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues and persecute them from city to city. That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth from the blood of righteous ABLE unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias whom slew between the temple and the altar. 1st John3:11-12 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning that we should love one another. Not as CAIN WHO WAS OF THAT WICKED ONE and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him. Because his own works were evil and his brothers righteous. There are other verses like John 8: 44 and on. I ask why does man refuse to except the word of God and lean on the teachings of man.?????

Genesis 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden God hath said Ye shall not eat of it neither shall ye TOUCH it lest ye die. Genesis 3:13 And the Lord God said unto the woman What is this that thou hast done ? And the woman said The serpent BEGUILED me and I did eat. What is said here in these two verses. First look at the word TOUCH in the Strong's it's 5060 naga (naw-gah) LAY THE HAND UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE euphem TO LIE WITH A WOMAN and so forth. Now take the word BEGUILED. The Strong's number for that is 5377 nasha (naw-shaw) TO LEAD ASTRAY TO DELUDE TO SUDUCE and so on.

If one looks at the scriptures with open eyes and can't see and understand what our Lord Jesus had to say about this and understand the true meaning of these verses I don't know how to help you.

Reactions: FHII

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No its not clear that Cain was satans son. You said that. The bible did not say that. You did. Being of satan is just like you were of satan once upon a time. So how did you manage to open your eys? I dont believe you did for one minute. stop accusing people falsely. You never opened your eyes. If your eyes were opened to anything God opened them stop telling people to do something, They nor you can do.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yep, that's an old one...heard it all before...with no proof at all. Heaven knows why someone would literally presume that Cain was born of satan and Eve. As Sword already said...God does not anywhere say that...
In this world there are not three choices.. Follow God/ Follow Satan/ or Follow my own will.
By default, if a person is not following God, they are a follower of the Enemy because they have rejected God. God is more than ready to change that for them at any time.

I believe Cain was "of the wicked one", because he showed no sign of any repentance when he slew his innocent brother. Just like King David, when he deliberately sinned by causing Uriah's death, so that he could take his wife....Cain could have found a place of repentance and restoration before God..if indeed he had wanted it!

Reactions: prashanthd

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people have blinders on. As it is written. They have no understanding of the word, and only wish to follow the teachings of man.
I also would like to point out this is why Enoch is counted as the 7th from Adam. You'll find it written in the book of Jude.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me Gods word tells me this. The first thing to tell us is we don't find Cain in Adams genealogy. Why isn't he there ? Jesus tells us in Matthew 24 :33-35 Ye serpents ye generation of vipers how can ye escape the damnation of hell ? Wherefore behold I send unto you prophets and wise men and scribes and some of them ye shall kill and crucify and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues and persecute them from city to city. That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth from the blood of righteous ABLE unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias whom slew between the temple and the altar.
GINOLJC, to all. first, that's Matthew 23:33-35 and not Matthew 24 :33-35. second, Cain, or anyone else for a matter of fact, is not the Devil's "son" biologically speaking. son here, metaphorically used, manifest "character" or the "characteristics" of someone. just like the scribes and Pharisees whom our Lord was speaking about, in the above scripture, Ye serpents ye generation of vipers. no, ththey was no not snakes physically, slithering on the ground with scaly skind, no. it was what they manifest "deceivers". they was hypocrites. let's get the meat of 1 John, 1 John 3:11 "For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.1 John 3:12 "Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous". the devil is EVIL, and if one act in a evil way you're the devil son, because you obeyed the devil, or if you act righteous you obeyed God, and his son. please look up the word "Son" G5207, huios, my source, Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words.
The first thing to tell us is we don't find Cain in Adams genealogy.
ERROR, that not relevant, because we neither find Able in Adams genealogy, because both was cut off. Able by his brother, Cain by God in the Flood. see 1 Chronicles 1:1 and Luke 3:38.

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain was the literal son of Satan. Those who do not recognize this are as the multitude - they do not see, nor do they hear. They cannot understand the truth that Christ put into parable form. Christ states this plainly. If you deny that there is a hidden mystery enveloped in the parables which He spoke, you are calling Him a liar. You have to dig deeper and listen to the words of your Father. Not other men. If you insist this is all metaphoric, then you are kidding yourself.

After the conception in the garden...
Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy [Satan's] seed and her [Eve's] seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Matthew 13

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy [Satan's] seed and her [Eve's] seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
seed here is spiritual, not natural. question who is the seed of Abraham? answer, Christ, and all who believe are in him. please notice your very own scripture, Genesis 3:15 "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel" notice it didn't say seed(s) as in many. now this, Galatians 3:16 "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ". well you have a problem, the devil don't have a Christ. yes many anti-christs, but not one....:( I hope you understand now.

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Cain was the literal son of Satan. Those who do not recognize this are as the multitude - they do not see, nor do they hear. They cannot understand the truth that Christ put into parable form. Christ states this plainly. If you deny that there is a hidden mystery enveloped in the parables which He spoke, you are calling Him a liar. You have to dig deeper and listen to the words of your Father. Not other men. If you insist this is all metaphoric, then you are kidding yourself.

Matthew 13

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

What I always find with people like you who love to teach but never listen. You dont answer anyones questions. You want to talk and talk but do not listen. I dont need another one way conversation. On one hand you are saying listen to me. and on the other you are saying dont listen to man. Make up your mind and answer my questions. If you cant say so. If you can do so. Mpthing you quoted tell us cain was satans son. I see you now moved it to seed. But that is what people do when they are struggling for proof. Please andser my questions and provide proof texts. or stop misteaching. So far no one is on your side and that is usually a good indication that you are wrong.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I always find with people like you who love to teach but never listen. You dont answer anyones questions. You want to talk and talk but do not listen. I dont need another one way conversation. On one hand you are saying listen to me. and on the other you are saying dont listen to man. Make up your mind and answer my questions. If you cant say so. If you can do so. Nothing you quoted tell us cain was satans son. I see you now moved it to seed. But that is what people do when they are struggling for proof.
Please answer my questions and provide proof texts. or stop misteaching. So far no one is on your side and that is usually a good indication that you are wrong.

Well said! Thumbs up. Oh how people like that enjoy the sound of their own voice...
To that post by eastgate I say...Total rubbish. Been there, heard that old chestnut before!!
No proof and nothing to build that persuasion upon at all.

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I listen to you? You do not speak the truth. I listen to the words of my Father. I wasn't asking or telling you to listen to me either. I gave you just a very, very small amount of scripture to chew on - not because that's all that there is to document that Cain is of Satan.

In the 13th chapter of Matthew, the verses preceding 24 the word “seed” is “speirō“, 4687
Probably strengthened from G4685 (through the idea of extending); to scatter, that is, sow (literally or figuratively): – sow (-er), receive seed.

In those verses we can document the word “seed” is referencing seed for growing food. However, the word “seed” as spoken by Christ concerning the tares in verses 24, 27, 37 and 38 is “sperma“, 4690
From G4687; somethng sown, that is, seed (including the male “sperm”); by implication offspring; specifically a remnant (figuratively as if kept over for planting): – issue, seed.

Sword, are you really attacking my post on this subject because I am referencing the word "seed" instead of "son"? If your only argument is that the word "son" does not appear in this context, then you will never see it. It is not obvious to all, as the scripture states. Which brings me to my next point: You say that because no one is on my side (untrue), then that must mean that I am wrong. You actually believe that the majority is right when it comes to God's Word? The majority is almost always wrong. Thats painfully obvious. Just look at the multitudes - read Matthew 13 again, please.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why would I listen to you? You do not speak the truth. I listen to the words of my Father. I wasn't asking or telling you to listen to me either. I gave you just a very, very small amount of scripture to chew on - not because that's all that there is to document that Cain is of Satan.

In the 13th chapter of Matthew, the verses preceding 24 the word “seed” is “speirō“, 4687
Probably strengthened from G4685 (through the idea of extending); to scatter, that is, sow (literally or figuratively): – sow (-er), receive seed.

In those verses we can document the word “seed” is referencing seed for growing food. However, the word “seed” as spoken by Christ concerning the tares in verses 24, 27, 37 and 38 is “sperma“, 4690
From G4687; somethng sown, that is, seed (including the male “sperm”); by implication offspring; specifically a remnant (figuratively as if kept over for planting): – issue, seed.

Sword, are you really attacking my post on this subject because I am referencing the word "seed" instead of "son"? If your only argument is that the word "son" does not appear in this context, then you will never see it. It is not obvious to all, as the scripture states. Which brings me to my next point: You say that because no one is on my side (untrue), then that must mean that I am wrong. You actually believe that the majority is right when it comes to God's Word? The majority is almost always wrong. Thats painfully obvious. Just look at the multitudes - read Matthew 13 again, please.
You are third elitest club member to come here in a short time. I asked you a question you cannot answer. I dont need another teacher from your club in a one way conversation. I am open for debate with anyone. You obviously are way above me and I am to lowly for you to bother comunicating with . Ok fine. I will put you on the ignore list and will never ever see any more of your posts. Thank you.

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a Christian board and yet I would struggle to find a place as infertile as this sometimes. What is with your hostility? I am trying to communicate with you. Sword, everything you just said about me are your words, not mine. I would never claim to be elite or way above anyone else. If Christ were walking in the flesh today and stated (as He already has) that there are mysteries that most will not see/hear in His words, would you react the same? Why do you take it as an insult when I repeat only what He has already told you? And what question did you ask me that I did not answer? From my first post in this thread, all you have done is get bent out of shape. Do you want to share a grown-up discussion on why Cain is the literal offspring of Satan, or don't you?
What gives you the most problem with this subject? Do you find it unbelievable that an angel/cherubim could impregnate a flesh woman? What was the sin in the Garden of Eden? Does the mentioning of Cain in this context just contradict what you've always been taught in churches?
I always find that this is easier. If I post verse after verse proving my point, you and I both know that you will absolutely refuse to see it. How about if we focus first on why you feel it should be rejected?

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said! Thumbs up. Oh how people like that enjoy the sound of their own voice...
To that post by eastgate I say...Total rubbish. Been there, heard that old chestnut before!!
No proof and nothing to build that persuasion upon at all.

You realize that the post you are referring to is primarily made up of the words of Christ? I took them straight from His Word. And you call it total rubbish?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You realize that the post you are referring to is primarily made up of the words of Christ? I took them straight from His Word. And you call it total rubbish?

No, not at all....it's what 'you' are saying that is total rubbish.
You said- "It's clear Cain was the son of Satan."
1) It is not clear.
2) Therefore it is nothing but a silly fairy tale and total rubbish.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who believe that Cain was the literal son of the serpent and of Satan:

I support you!

Genesis chapters 1 through 3 are very important. Every word in them (as in the rest of the Bible) is important. There is no apple in that account. Noe is the story literal.

Reactions: Eastgate

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who believe that Cain was the literal son of the serpent and of Satan:

I support you!

Genesis chapters 1 through 3 are very important. Every word in them (as in the rest of the Bible) is important. There is no apple in that account. Noe is the story literal.
That's good to hear. It's awesome when God uncovers truth to those that truly seek it.

ByGrace, what do you believe the sin in the garden was? I am curious. I asked Sword this, but he/she presumably set me to "ignore"...As FHII mentioned, do you believe the fairy tale that we're taught as children - the one where Eve took a bite of an apple while being persuaded by a snake? You must understand who the "trees" are and what the "fruit" is in that account. It may not be clear to you at the moment, but if you ask God for the truth on the matter and do the work to dig it out, you may actually see it, if it is His will.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ByGrace, what do you believe the sin in the garden was?

ByGrace, what do you believe the sin in the garden was? I am curious. I asked Sword this, but he/she presumably set me to "ignore"...As FHII mentioned, do you believe the fairy tale that we're taught as children - the one where Eve took a bite of an apple while being persuaded by a snake? You must understand who the "trees" are and what the "fruit" is in that account. It may not be clear to you at the moment, but if you ask God for the truth on the matter and do the work to dig it out, you may actually see it, if it is His will.
GINOLJC, to Eastgate, if i may answer your question, the sin was disobedience, and the fruit they ate was a lie, supportive, scripture, Hosea 10:13 "Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; ye have eaten the fruit of lies: because thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men". and yes they plowed, spiritually.

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I know that when we take it to the prime, the sin was disobedience, but by what act did the sin take form? What commandment was disobeyed and how was it disobeyed? The verse you mention in Hosea, while important to both ancient Israel and the "Christian nations" of today, does not directly apply to the fruit in the garden of eden or what transpired there. The analogy is teaching, as I said, ancient Israel and Christians today that what is reaped shall be sowed. The fruit of lies is false doctrine that is produced by men and followed by men. This was true of Israel just as it is today. If you still insist on applying this to the garden, we can say that Adam and Eve believed a falsehood from Satan's mouth - what was the lie? How did they act upon that lie?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hi there. Thanks for your response. I do not believe in any ' apple' except the one I am writing on!!:)
Neither a snake. Neither literal trees...
My personal belief is that the sin was unbelief. ( which as we know, led to disobedience. ) God had given them all they needed to have ...'He walked with them in the Garden in the cool of the evening...'
But Eve did not believe God, she believed and partook of the words " Hath God said..." etc. She believed the words of doubt, she believed that God was holding out on her....she was deceived. Adam saw (where the dickens was he while this took place!!) that she had fallen, he loved her more than God, so chose " to eat" and be with like and with her... he was not deceived, he willingly disobeyed to be with His Bride . Just as the Second Adam Jesus, willingly OBEYED ...to be with His Bride.