California bear enjoying a jacuzzi

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We (Los Angeles) often have bears roaming the neighborhoods near the foothills. They don't bother anyone and sometimes they get into the swimming pools. This one went into a hot tub.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hint to Owner ...... get the food inside where he can't get to it. Until you do ....be happy with a dangerous house guest.
Imagine if one had fallen asleep while relaxing on a fat floatation device . Then stretches and opens their eyes
AND THAT IS LOOKING FACE to Face with them . Ya gotta know their might be some soiled bathing trunks and fast too .
Just not something anyone would want to wake up to and see face to face .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause something tells me , it aint gonna be going by the name of FIDO nor chasing the sticks , balls or whatever you toss
for it to chase . Aint none gonna wanna play fetch with that .

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got a friend that retired and lives in Alaska. He spends his days fishing out of the way lakes ..... not a soul around. He has formed a philosophy concerning bears. If the bear appears on the other side of the lake and thinks your are fishing better on your side. Work the lake like a table and move with the bear to keep the lake between you. He'll get bored and remember where a good group of berry bushes exist ....

• Haha
Reactions: Debp

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the bear appears on the other side of the lake and thinks your are fishing better on your side. Work the lake like a table and move with the bear to keep the lake between you. He'll get bored and remember where a good group of berry bushes exist.

Seems like a very good logical practice to follow with respect to bears who are also looking for a feed but not necessarily fish.

• Haha

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like a very good logical practice to follow with respect to bears who are also looking for a feed but not necessarily fish.

I had to ask him the next question ...... What if there are two bears?

He chuckled and replied "Drop the fish and run."

• Haha

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a satellite dish I picked up from GE in Butte Montana. I was going to an address in Yellowstone .....Halfway in the park, there was a traffic jam. The truck in front of me had a hot blonde Ranger watching the show. I got out of my truck and went to see what was happening. There was a Momma Grizzly and two cubs in the meadow .....Every brochure you get at the gates says "Do Not Get out your vehicle if you see wildlife." Every tourist doesn't read or understand English. I asked the Ranger "What are waiting for?" "For Momma to lose her sense of humor .....The cubs got curious about all the gawkers at the road shooting photos of the three bears. Momma charges and swats the two cubs, sending them running further from the road ......Momma decided to cause an uproar at the road .....People diving into cars that weren't theirs ......Ranger looks at me and says "Got to go to work!"

I went around the pack and headed south. Found the address, parked and walked in on .....the advance Secret Service team preparing for the former worst President of our time Jimmy Carter .....In the days before cell phones, I got to visit with them for about three hours ...I had the communications dish for the press .......

• Haha

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a satellite dish I picked up from GE in Butte Montana. I was going to an address in Yellowstone .....Halfway in the park, there was a traffic jam. The truck in front of me had a hot blonde Ranger watching the show. I got out of my truck and went to see what was happening. There was a Momma Grizzly and two cubs in the meadow .....Every brochure you get at the gates says "Do Not Get out your vehicle if you see wildlife." Every tourist doesn't read or understand English. I asked the Ranger "What are waiting for?" "For Momma to lose her sense of humor .....The cubs got curious about all the gawkers at the road shooting photos of the three bears. Momma charges and swats the two cubs, sending them running further from the road ......Momma decided to cause an uproar at the road .....People diving into cars that weren't theirs ......Ranger looks at me and says "Got to go to work!"

I went around the pack and headed south. Found the address, parked and walked in on .....the advance Secret Service team preparing for the former worst President of our time Jimmy Carter .....In the days before cell phones, I got to visit with them for about three hours ...I had the communications dish for the press .......
That reminds me of the young woman recently who was taking a selfie right beside the wild Buffalo!! I can't believe how dumb someone can be.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had done quite a bit of hunting in Wyoming. Because I owned a horse I hooked up with a hunting guide and helped out during hunting season. You learn real fast about the signals from animals to keep track of. While in Yellowstone. Two cars had stopped y the side of the road to watch a moose eating in the marsh about 100 feet from the road. One woman walked out and was taking photos. She took one too many steps. I called out and warned her ..."You are now in his zone, look at the hair on his back, like a dog, he's warning you." She too one more step .....That Moose chased her to her car, then he slammed into the side of the car causing all sorts of damage. His point made .....he walked back to his spot and started eating again.

Her husband asked "Where do I go to have the damages paid for?" "Look at the brochure you received at the gate. "Stay in your car when animals are around." This one is on you. Hope you have good insurance for the rental."