California flooding tomorrow!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
California Flood Threat To Worsen As Major Storm Arrives Early Week | Weather.com

From the story:

California is facing threats of more flooding rain, debris flows, high winds and heavy Sierra snow as its stormy pattern persists and is punctuated by a major system early in the week ahead.

This major storm will arrive amid one of the wettest periods in decades for Central California.
Guess the extreme drought is being solved! Rough on people and the economy, but at least they have water now.

Reactions: dev553344

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wind turbines should be at surplus energy output as well. Hmm.
Doesn't work that way. They have governors to prevent the turbines from spinning too fast ....Wind speeds too fast, propellers stop spinning .....zero production.....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't work that way. They have governors to prevent the turbines from spinning too fast ....Wind speeds too fast, propellers stop spinning .....zero production.....
I suppose so. Well, we got some rain but nothing like California is getting.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, too much wind means no wind power generation. They overspeed and catch fire. The gear boxes self destruct.

various wind turbine failures
They also selectively are killing large predatory birds, eagles, vultures are dying.

Last edited:

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
California's problems are self caused. They made miles of aquaducts with one purpose .......channel all rain water into the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Ocean doesn't need more water .....So California complains about a drought.....simple enough, make the state legislature sit and watch the aquaducts during rain storms .....then ask "Any Questions?"
In other words "Stupid is as stupid does." Watch Florida ....they catch rain water, not for an aligator to have a home ....but for the water to make it's way to the underground water system .....

Reactions: RLT63

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flooding, drought... in California.
---
One of my friends moved to another state (better weather).
- He lived in CA..many years.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flooding, drought... in California.
---
One of my friends moved to another state (better weather).
- He lived in CA..many years.
Interestingly I lived in CA for 10 years. Loved it down there. The weather is always great. There is a positive to the rain, it fixed the drought yes. But I guess they're in for more storms this week.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly I lived in CA for 10 years. Loved it down there. The weather is always great. There is a positive to the rain, it fixed the drought yes. But I guess they're in for more storms this week.
I considered..moving to Southern California.
- in early 1980's.
---
Were you in CA..during '1990 earthquake' (in Upland)?

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I considered..moving to Southern California.
- in early 1980's.
---
Were you in CA..during '1990 earthquake' (in Upland)?
No I was there from 1999 to 2009. In fact Seattle had an earthquake after I moved there, then I moved back. Missed the earthquake. I've only been in one earthquake, and it was also centered around Seattle.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got one for you. Dad was stationed at Edwards AFB, CA for several years. Best assignment ever. He asked later in life, what base I liked the most growing up .....didn't hesitate ...."Edwards" "Why?"

What base did we ever live on where Dad drove up said "Get in the car" drove for over an hour, pulled up, got out and watched Clint Eastwood shooting movie? Better yet another day, drove an hour got out and watched Sean Connery shoot a James Bond movie? Where else can you do that? The Rat Patrol shot all their TV series there. We watched rocket engine tests, watched the SR-71 take off, the U-2 take off at a base most of the people we lived around ....didn't know existed? As a High School student , I marched in the Rose Bowl Parade! Watched missile tests fired from a submarine 100 miles out to sea, LA never knew the missile went over them headed to the desert. Saw a full scale battleship built in the desert .....Playing Football, we played a towns most people know nothing about other than reading. The Hulk movie ....I can see a movie set and tell my wife "I know exactly where that is located, out in the desert at Edwards." I loved that base ....

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
California voted for Biden so maybe God is giving them payback?
"The floodgates of the heavens are opened, the foundations of the earth shake. The earth is broken up, the earth is split asunder, the earth is thoroughly shaken. The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind, so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion" (Isaiah ch 24)
(And it's about time the San Andreas fault lets one rip)..;)

Other godless cities around the world are getting zapped too, like this blizzard hitting London a few years ago-

beast-from-east-from-london-police-helo.jpg

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's funny now ..... Those that have been flooded have just learned that their homeowner's insurance doesn't cover ...floods.

When you buy a house in Florida. They give you a sheet with the sea level of the house and whether or not you require flood insurance. I lived on the Mountain Top of Pinellas County, Fl ......about 10 feet ...I carried flood isurance.