Can a Christain be demonicly possesed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes they can be possesed. Country to some beliefs.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Depends on what is called "possessed"
Someone who is "totally possessed"...is obviously in control of another being..they have no choice because they are "possessed."

Even the man in Mark 5...pretty far gone..
"Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains..."
He said to Jesus.."my name is Legion for we are many..."
Even he CAME to Jesus...he had a will...he used his will..
So, how possessed is possessed ?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose they could. When Peter tried to rebuke Jesus for his telling them he must be crucified, Jesus said get behind me Satan. But he said it to Peter, or at least responded to what Peter said.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Your Thread subject =..."Can a Christian be demonically possessed?"

Then, your first post says:- Yes,they can be possessed. Contrary to some beliefs.
What do you need us for?
You asked and answered your own question...period
One thing I find very strange on the Site is.. ( not only directed at you personally, but in general)
No one seems to want to really "discuss".

The word FORUM means = "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."
Yet it seems that all anyone really enjoys doing is to argue their point with their minds already made up , and tell the other person that they are wrong. No middle place of discussion there.
That's not a real 'discussion' where there is a willingness and a being open to 'swap ideas and talk like grownups.' And find some common ground. That's just seeing who can pee the longest and the loudest. Pity.
Attitude and respect for another persons views and opinions goes a long way in real "discussions".

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrigley and Pisteuo

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, your first post says:- Yes,they can be possessed. Contrary to some beliefs.
What do you need us for?
You asked and answered your own question...period
Wow...

I don't really have a problem with Sword's approach. I think he could elaborated as to why. But maybe he just wanted to get the ball rolling first. I've done that as well, though now I would rather give a little backup info.

Reactions: Sword

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow...

I don't really have a problem with Sword's approach. I think he could elaborated as to why. But maybe he just wanted to get the ball rolling first. I've done that as well, though now I would rather give a little backup info.

I was speaking generally , I mentioned that. But Sword in other threads, and other members too ...seem to come out with both barrels blazing..and start arguing right off the bat.
As I mentioned somewhere...my old dad used to always ask us why we believed what I believed...and how did we come to that conclusion.
It was good training in the word, and it made us 'think' about why our our position was our position. I like the swapping of ideas and knowing how a person came to where they are in the Lord. I see no point of growth in the spirit..when it just a platform for a persons own opinion.

But, that's just me...I could well be wrong. I never mind being wrong..that is how we learn.

Reactions: Sword and FHII

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your Thread subject =..."Can a Christian be demonically possessed?"

What do you need us for?
It was mentioned in another thread. I did not want the other thread distracted from it intended purpose. So I am stating here what I believe.
I know other believe other wise. So its to catch there eye and let them come and explain why the think it cant happen. And as FHII said start the ball rolling.

Reactions: FHII and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In my first posts #2 - How possessed is possessed? I took your opening post on face value.
Then after navigating elsewhere, I thought over your thread title
and your first post..and thought, " wait a moment, is this really a discussion or not."
It's happened to me a few times on the site..I blithely get into a thread ..only to find it is not rally a discussion between people to come together to search out the truth of an issue...but it's usually people who have already made up their minds with no intention to move and inch...just spouting off.

So, that's why I wrote what I wrote.

To continue with your thread..I believe Christian can have demonic spirit within them..that's for sure. But as for the "possessed" word. I personally believe that the only one who was totally possessed for a while...was Judas. He didn't just have evil spirits...Satan himself possessed and used him.
Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and FHII

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have very little scripture to back this up... But I believe Satan and his minions aim towards Christians. Afterall, why bother with them if they don't believe and technically are already on your side?

Overall, I don't think Satan can conquer a real Christian... But yea... He can seriously do some damage.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah as really think it is by Christian love and Jesus helping us to conquer that of demons and Satan. Christ wins all the time!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah as really think it is by Christian love and Jesus helping us to conquer that of demons and Satan. Christ wins all the time!
Romans 8 says we are MORE than conquerors through him that loved us.

What does it mean to be more than a conqueror? I can only think that its because its already been conquered for us.

Love, Jesus and I will add truth....

Reactions: Helen and pia

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reading Hostage to the Devil, right now. Sometimes I like scary fiction

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Can a Christian have a demon”?
The answer is yes they can.
I believe that the reason why many believers have come to the conclusion that Christians "cannot have demons" is because they cannot believe that it is even remotely conceivable, that a demon can be in the same place as the Holy Spirit.

The obvious answer to the is Job ...Job 1:6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."
As I see it, the realm of the spirit is not physical ..so the argument that they both can't inhabit the same "place" ( body) is invalid... Our inner man..and our inner being is much much more vast than this shell of clay that we live in...
"The Kingdom of God is within you.."...unmeasurable depths inside...limited outwardly..
And some non christians think our life is boring or pathetic, little do they know. :)

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“Can a Christian have a demon”?
The answer is yes they can.
I believe that the reason why many believers have come to the conclusion that Christians "cannot have demons" is because they cannot believe that it is even remotely conceivable, that a demon can be in the same place as the Holy Spirit.

The obvious answer to the is Job ...Job 1:6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."
As I see it, the realm of the spirit is not physical ..so the argument that they both can't inhabit the same "place" ( body) is invalid... Our inner man..and our inner being is much much more vast than this shell of clay that we live in...
"The Kingdom of God is within you.."...unmeasurable depths inside...limited outwardly..
And some non christians think our life is boring or pathetic, little do they know. :)
Its the shell that they come into.

If you are fat and then you become a Christian your still fat after becoming a Christian.
If you are demon possesed and become a Christian you can in most cases still be possesed after becoming a Christian.
John G Lake said there are seven levels of possesion. You can deal with the first three on your own as a Christian. After that you need help.
Curry Blake of John G lake ministries has a teaching on can a Christian be possesed.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a Conqueror in Christ and how we need to let the Lord take care of everything as we need to know. He does everything in and with us. We can't do it on our own.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christians can have demons ~ Yes. Christians can be possessed by demons ~ no
"Popular Christian Theology" Dispelling the myths | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board
Was it you who wrote this Angela?
If so there is one mistake in it that is not scriptural. You said you can get demons because of generational curses. That is not true.
And as for not being possesed that is a long post and as much as I get your point. It makes no difference. demon possesed or having a demon really means your not in control the demon is. either way makes no difference. yout posseesed with a force you have no control over. So if you have no control over it. then it obviously has you. So call it what ever you like.
So Christian are overtaken, possesed,have an indwelling demon, really makes little or no difference what you label it.
Theres a point when the Christian is in control. But if it goes on to long they will hand over control to the demon as it takes more ground in your life. to the point where the demon will be running the show. But the Christians hands this place over by continual submission. So its done willfully.

So I would ask to to go back and edit the part that you claim about curses. If you wrote the post

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sword, I have ministered in the deliverance ministry for 2 decades and yes Christians can have demons but they cannot be possessed by demons because the Holy Spirit dwells within them. This is a concept that you may not understand but it does not mean it is not truth. I will ask that you keep to the areas of ministry you do understand rather than those you have no idea about.

Bless you...

Exodus 20
4 Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. 5 You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers’ sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing faithful love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commands.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword, I have ministered in the deliverance ministry for 2 decades and yes Christians can have demons but they cannot be possessed by demons because the Holy Spirit dwells within them. This is a concept that you may not understand but it does not mean it is not truth. I will ask that you keep to the areas of ministry you do understand rather than those you have no idea about.

Bless you...

Exodus 20
4 Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. 5 You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers’ sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing faithful love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commands.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In Ezekiel, the writer is referring to the guilt of the Father's sins. The children are not held responsible for the Father's sins and vice versa. Jeremiah 31 also highlights this concept. In Exodus, Moses was referring to the consequences of the Father's sins being passed down to their children.