Can a Christian be a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title is the post. In my brief life I've never seen so much hate, so many lies, so much adversity from those than say the are Christian and also democrats. I try to stay away from most of what is called news, the daily body count, etc. But I do want to know the gist of governmental going on like the Kavanaugh confirmation. I see that the accuser of Kavanaugh is finding the kitchen a lot hotter place to cook than she thought. She has agreed to testify IF on her terms. Democrats vow to impeach him if confirmed. What a job to have!

My belief is than multitudes that believe themselves to be Christians are not. Church attendance deceives many to believe they are Christians but they still stand up for abortion and other anti biblical beliefs. So many of the democrats are Catholics but still support abortion and putting illegal immigrants before citizens. They spit in the face of those immigrants that labored to become citizens.

There is no way you can be a Democrat and a born again follower of Jesus christ.

These are my beliefs but may not be yours.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is false. A born again Christian can also sin by being a Republican.

Christians sin in many ways...you can't limit sin to your own agenda.

Hahaha that's not what I asked BTW, I'm NOT a republican. Just as I'm not a denominational folower. Get your facts jack!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think of republicans?

I see failures in men no matter what their tags. On the republicans plus, side they are largely anti-baby killing. After experiencing God's foretelling us of children science said we couldn't have I cannot abide a child murdering association no matter their name. They sacrifice babies to devils just as ancient Israel and other pagan cultures.

Professing to be Christian from one side of their mouths and agreeing with screeching women demanding the right to kill their own offspring from the other side.

Bitter and sweet cannot spring from the same fountain.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see failures in men no matter what their tags. On their plus, side they are largely anti-baby killing. After experiencing God's foretelling us of children science said we couldn't have I cannot abide a child murdering association no matter their name. They sacrifice babies to devils just as ancient Israel and other pagan cultures.

Although today's sacrificing is not religious per se....unless we are talking about the goddess "liberty" that adorns your NY harbour.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think of republicans?
They're politicians with an agenda just like Democrats.
Abortion? Do Republicans imprison the one having, or providing an abortion for any means?
Are Republicans in fact duplications of Pharaoh put into power by God to show His power? Rom 9:17.

Daniel 4:17 the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men. Would you really vote for them?

But Romans 13:1-2 tells us "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

In Christ Jesus. :)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title is the post. In my brief life I've never seen so much hate, so many lies, so much adversity from those than say the are Christian and also democrats. I try to stay away from most of what is called news, the daily body count, etc. But I do want to know the gist of governmental going on like the Kavanaugh confirmation. I see that the accuser of Kavanaugh is finding the kitchen a lot hotter place to cook than she thought. She has agreed to testify IF on her terms. Democrats vow to impeach him if confirmed. What a job to have!

My belief is than multitudes that believe themselves to be Christians are not. Church attendance deceives many to believe they are Christians but they still stand up for abortion and other anti biblical beliefs. So many of the democrats are Catholics but still support abortion and putting illegal immigrants before citizens. They spit in the face of those immigrants that labored to become citizens.

There is no way you can be a Democrat and a born again follower of Jesus christ.

Hi Frank,

What about these democrats???? Democrats For Life of America

Curious Mary

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Frank,

What about these democrats???? Democrats For Life of America

Curious Mary

I'm not familiar with these people, only with the democratic platform which includes the right to aborting your baby.

I read a few posts at their site such as;

"abortion is not killing babies unless you have a kindergartner's comprehension of basic biology" one stated. The same old "it's not really a baby" mentality. When my dog gets pregnant I know puppies will result, when a horse is bred a foal is expected, when a cow is bred a calf is awaited.

Abortionists,whatever their hashtag, don't k ow that a baby will be born. It is a meaningless lump of tissue.

Campaign Notebook: Warren's campaign sidesteps abortion twee

If they stand for life they should rename the horse they ride. Independent or whatever. If they, are for life they should disassociate themselves from those shouting for the right to kill babies.

Liberty is confused with right. They have the liberty to abort babies but they certainly do not have the "right".

Having seen God foretell our medically impossible son after 14 childless years we have been instructed very carefully by the creator God that He alone is responsible for bringing a new, life into being. Man overrules God and unfathomably hard women demand the liberty to kill their own offspring.

Even animals fight to death for their young.

Democrats, Republicans whatever the tag are known by their works whether they be good or evil. I hold with no group on with the loving God that came and fetched me.

I care nothing for political parties and do not see myself as standing with any of them. My votes are for men not for a party or group. They hold nothing for me but I observe their leanings.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not familiar with these people, only with the democratic platform which includes the right to aborting your baby.

I read a few posts at their site such as;

"abortion is not killing babies unless you have a kindergartner's comprehension of basic biology" one stated. The same old "it's not really a baby" mentality. When my dog gets pregnant I know puppies will result, when a horse is bred a foal is expected, when a cow is bred a calf is awaited.

Abortionists,whatever their hashtag, don't k ow that a baby will be born. It is a meaningless lump of tissue.

Campaign Notebook: Warren's campaign sidesteps abortion twee

If they stand for life they should rename the horse they ride. Independent or whatever. If they, are for life they should disassociate themselves from those shouting for the right to kill babies.

Liberty is confused with right. They have the liberty to abort babies but they certainly do not have the "right".

Having seen God foretell our medically impossible son after 14 childless years we have been instructed very carefully by the creator God that He alone is responsible for bringing a new, life into being. Man overrules God and unfathomably hard women demand the liberty to kill their own offspring.

Even animals fight to death for their young.

Democrats, Republicans whatever the tag are known by their works whether they be good or evil. I hold with no group on with the loving God that came and fetched me.

I care nothing for political parties and do not see myself as standing with any of them. My votes are for men not for a party or group. They hold nothing for me but I observe their leanings.

OK You see the death of the unborn as a callous act. Agreed. Democrats don't care.

But what of the death of other people's children in other countries that the West treat callously as "collateral damage"? Republicans don't care.

So basically politics is about choosing who you will be callous towards. A very human proposition.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have a Christian friend who is Democrat. She is pro life, but believes in the rights for someone to be homosexual/to have an abortion, etc. Because she says that if you take away one right, who is to not say take away more freedoms including our freedom to worship. I definitely understand this view. I think laws are good though. God created the 10 commandments and there are a lot of laws set in the old testament. We used to be a Christian nation.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Liberty is continually confused with right.

Americans have the liberty to kill babies, to live as a sodomite, to deal unjustly. Whatever they can get away with.

But right, true right, only comes from God.

The evil groups in our culture gather together under names. The name Democrat is a group whose cornerstone belief is in the ability to freely practice abortion. A practice I stand against.

You have zero right to lump me with any group. The democrats by their own admission support abortion at the very basis of their beliefs. They don't even attempt to cloak it since godless America increasingly stands against God, the bible and everything that stands in the way of their living by their lusts.

My pointing out their main message is not an endorsement for any group.

I don't care what their name is if they stand against God given life. They are murderers indeed.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Christian and a Democrat.

Reactions: Nancy

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Most Europeans Ive met have acquired similar left leanings to our Democrats.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is false. A born again Christian can also sin by being a Republican.

Christians sin in many ways...you can't limit sin to your own agenda.
Plenty of other political party people who get abortions...and sorry folks, God is not a Dem or a Rep. The Christian far right political figures think they ARE the "moral majority"...bunk. Does one think that ONLY Dem. or say, Indep. people are the only sinners out there??!! Politics are nothing but smoke and mirrors and the dupes? -voters who believe the talking heads. Nothing but lies from ALL parties. Count me out of any political "discussions", nothing but hate, anger and division there! Why do we think we are to stay away from the cares of this world? No offence to anybody hear, we have our own consciences to keep in check and, it is so hard to hear the Holy Spirit with the worlds garbage clanging around.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks Frank.

They are part of the Democratic platform....Just not the majority. So I guess it is possible for a Democrat to be a Christian since there are some that are pro-Life???

Based on your statements you SEEM to favor the Republican party more than the Democratic party. Why?

Mary

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey Frank,

Since there is no real clear definition of a Democrat (some pro-life, some pro-border wall etc etc) can you give a clear definition of a "born again follower of Jesus"???

BTW....I agree with you. Anyone that supports abortion is putting themselves in danger of hell fire.

Mary

Republican Majority for Choice | Home