Can anyone be pleasing to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Except Jesus can anyone be pleasing to God?
Yep when they believe in the finished works of Christ, believe that He God can actually talk to them,and that they treat Him and Jesus as part of their family, because than He can use them, that takes faith, without we cannot please God, works account for nothing

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep when they believe in the finished works of Christ, believe that He God can actually talk to them,and that they treat Him and Jesus as part of their family, because than He can use them, that takes faith, without we cannot please God, works account for nothing

finishes work?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was s immaculate or sinless
And conceived without original sin

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to the Second Commandment, YES. Exodus 20:4-6?

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO Our unselfish desire to love God pleases him. Loving God is expressed in the same way, by spending time in his presence — listening for his voice, thanking and praising him, or reading and contemplating his Word. You also make God happy in how you respond to his answers to your prayers. Our heart and soul is focused on Him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And this?

ex 25:9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

10 And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.

11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

12 And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners thereof; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it.

13 And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold.

14 And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them.

15 The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.

16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.

17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.

18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.

20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.

21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house to of bread!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, (Isa 7:14) and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting. My answer is that we can be pleasing to God by emptying ourselves, leaving us open to be filled with the Holy Spirit of God.

But for those who love Me and keep My directives, their children will experience My loyal love for a thousand generations.
Exodus 20:6 (Voice)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says the Bible nowhere.

Sinless immaculate!

Anything consecrated to God’s service must be immaculate pure and Holy!

Ex 25:11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

Incorruptible wood covered in pure gold
Symbolic of immaculate purity and holiness!

Anything consecrated to God for His service cannot be used in an ordinary way or ordinary use.

Mary is consecrated to for His service, pure immaculate holy!

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Total war none of his works are found in Her!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Rev 12:1 great sign (Isa 7:14 a sign) woman clothed with the sun.
Immaculate purity

Rev 12: 7 queen of the angels

Again total war between Mary and Satan!
Rev 12:13

Ark of the new covenant!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
In the ark was the mana!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, (Isa 7:14) and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinless immaculate!

Anything consecrated to God’s service must be immaculate pure and Holy!

Ex 25:11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

Incorruptible wood covered in pure gold
Symbolic of immaculate purity and holiness!

Anything consecrated to God for His service cannot be used in an ordinary way or ordinary use.

Mary is consecrated to for His service, pure immaculate holy!

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Total war none of his works are found in Her!

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Rev 12:1 great sign (Isa 7:14 a sign) woman clothed with the sun.
Immaculate purity

Rev 12: 7 queen of the angels

Again total war between Mary and Satan!
Rev 12:13

Ark of the new covenant!
In the ark was the mana!

Nothing in there about a sinless human.

Reactions: Cassandra and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the finished work of Christ?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Passover
(The new covenant Passover sacrifice of Christ)

“It is finished” not the redemptive work of Christ but the Passover sacrifice!

The cup refers to the Passover
The sacrifice prefigured the sacrifice of Christ
Christ was celebrating the Passover and changing it into the new covenant Passover in his own body and blood
Began in the last supper with the psalm then to the garden and ended with his death in the cross with the words commanded to be said at the consummation of the Passover sacrifice by the high priest “IT IS FINISHED”!!!

jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Notice the connection to his betrayal and death

1 cor 5:6-8
For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast

So
The Passover
(The new covenant Passover sacrifice of Christ)

The cup refers to the Passover
The sacrifice prefigured the sacrifice of Christ
Christ was celebrating the Passover and changing it into the new covenant Passover in his own body and blood
Began in the last supper with the psalm then to the garden and ended with his death in the cross with the words commanded to be said at the consummation of the Passover sacrifice by the high priest “IT IS FINISHED”!!!

jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Notice the connection to his betrayal and death

1 cor 5:6-8
For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast

So the it in “it is finished” is not the work of redemption but the Passover sacrifice!

but something is missing we have to eat the lamb

jn 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

“It is finished” the Passover sacrifice!
Consummation of the new Passover or the beginning of the new and eternal covenant!

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
The amazing thing is the New Testament view of God provides many examples of a relationship with God that could be defined as pleasing. The key to this question is the context of faith in Christ. Outside of Christ, we cannot please God, but through salvation in Jesus Christ, we have become "friends of God" - Friends of God

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The amazing thing is the New Testament view of God provides many examples of a relationship with God that could be defined as pleasing. The key to this question is the context of faith in Christ. Outside of Christ, we cannot please God, but through salvation in Jesus Christ, we have become "friends of God" - Friends of God

how do you get this salvation?