Can Christians Celebrate Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched most of the video. I just disagree with it, but I understand the points. I would say these are some good questions to ask in this article, and if you don't have any doubts about Halloween, then Id say do as you feel is right and so will my family. Our goal is to always draw closer to God in no matter what our views are. God is the only One who can convict and guide.

Why Christians Absolutely Should Not Celebrate Halloween

Reactions: Nancy

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't read the other thread on this so this point may have been made already
Halloween is a corruption of All Hallows Eve.
In the Catholic Liturgical Calendar the 1st Novembers is dedicated to the Saints (capital S - the Holy ones) in heaven. As it is a Solemnity the celebration starts on the evening before. Thus celebrating All Hallows Eve is OK. However celebrating the pagan Halloween with "Trick and Treat", ghouls and witches is not (IMO)

DogMan

Jul 8, 2020
Detroit
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I haven't read the other thread on this so this point may have been made already
In the Catholic Liturgical Calendar the 1st Novembers is dedicated to the Saints (capital S - the Holy ones) in heaven. As it is a Solemnity the celebration starts on the evening before. Thus celebrating All Hallows Eve is OK. However celebrating the pagan Halloween with "Trick and Treat", ghouls and witches is not (IMO)
Did you disagree with the video?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Christians can, the height of ridiculousness is they can't. Coming up with fake history and fake stories to make Halloween something it's not is silly. Halloween is an American holiday, nothing more sinister that that.

6299515059_5f51cbcc8b.jpg

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011

Actually, halloween or all hallows eve can be traced further back around 2,000 years ago to the druid festival samhain. It is rooted and pagan in origin.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Of course Christians can, the height of ridiculousness is they can't. Coming up with fake history and fake stories to make Halloween something it's not is silly. Halloween is an American holiday, nothing more sinister that that.

6299515059_5f51cbcc8b.jpg

Putting wether or not to celebrate it aside, you can't just deny history, it is intellectually dishonest and it leads no where good. (Think of holocaust denial)

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting wether or not to celebrate it aside, you can't just deny history, it is intellectually dishonest and it leads no where good. (Think of holocaust denial)

No it's a lie made up by early evangelicals embraced by many lies. Lies are funner that the truth even in this case

Reactions: dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No offense, but why yet another thread about this??? Halloween is almost over. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!
Something came so clear to me today dear sister .
What was the model prayer JESUS taught .
Our Father who art in heaven , HALLOWED be thy NAME .
This day , i wont call it hallow anything . Think about that sister .
Has anyone heard from sister thlkaj today . I was hunting to see if she was here . But could not find her .
Anway , Helloween is almost over .

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, halloween or all hallows eve can be traced further back around 2,000 years ago to the druid festival samhain. It is rooted and pagan in origin.

According to Wikipedia All Saints day probably started in Antioch, whereas samhain was confined to north west Europe. All Saints day didn't derive from samhain but it may have been moved to 1 November to counteract samhain in the west.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is one scary picture . It looks like trump got confused and grew out his hair and joined the lgbt xy and z . Change that picture .
Its scaring the children . I got pets . Cats with bugged out eyes and massive sized tails at just the mere site of that photo .
Please change the picture . its scaring even the cats . I need those cats in good working order , they keep rats and mice away .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it's a lie made up by early evangelicals embraced by many lies. Lies are funner that the truth even in this case

Since I have been on this site, I have seen more videos posted by Christians claiming this and that about how something is evil and should be avoided. Yet I have never been exposed to those evils for the most part and find it to be strange Christianity. Like someone is trying to rewrite the bible to suit their needs.

I have a red letter Christian friend that preaches love on Facebook and I always find trouble with his doctrine. And basically he does the same thing and makes up and follows his own interpretation of Christianity instead of finding a church and following Church leaders. I think you'll find that Churches offer "trunk or treat" as a safe alternative to going door to door.

Reactions: historyb

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I watched the first half of the video and it sounds like he was using sound judgment about Halloween. But I didn't watch the whole thing and like he said, his fathers Catholic school celebrated Halloween. Which many Churches do, because they realize it's just a fun activity for the kids. Which makes me wondering about people that say Halloween is evil, do they even attend Church?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched the first half of the video and it sounds like he was using sound judgment about Halloween. But I didn't watch the whole thing and like he said, his fathers Catholic school celebrated Halloween. Which many Churches do, because they realize it's just a fun activity for the kids. Which makes me wondering about people that say Halloween is evil, do they even attend Church?
Timothy helped run a church . one of the first ones .
Paul helped to guide timothy .
Timothy died exposing catagogian .
We smile and call it cute today and its fun for kids .
The question is not who attends church . ITS what church do we attend , and what doctrine are we heeding .

Reactions: TLHKAJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Timothy helped run a church . one of the first ones .
Paul helped to guide timothy .
Timothy died exposing catagogian .
We smile and call it cute today and its fun for kids .
The question is not who attends church . ITS what church do we attend , and what doctrine are we heeding .

Yes I see you honestly believe that, those are ideas that I just ignore and treat as if they are not applicable. I don't see the logical connection you're making. They're similar and also different, the similarities are small.

Last edited: